• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond hack: Pokémon DarkDiamond

Should I replace the Galactic Grunt and Admin battle themes with N's battle themes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    I have fixed Gardenia. She will work in beta 2.1, which I will release this week.

However, I haven't found any bug catcher in Eterna Forest that sends out a "!" or freezes the game. There's no "Bug Catcher Douglas" programmed there, not even in the original Diamond.

VS Seeker trainers will be fixed too, as well as a strange music glitch that corrupts an instrument (go to Sandgem and listen, for example).

By the way, Gardenia now suffers the trainer name glitch, which has no fix yet. I really don't know the reason of that name corruption, but it's not the text file, I'm sure. Does anyone have any ideas of possible solutions?

darkdarkrai

No. 1 World at war fanboy
    Years
  • I have fixed Gardenia. She will work in beta 2.1, which I will release this week.

However, I haven't found any bug catcher in Eterna Forest that sends out a "!" or freezes the game. There's no "Bug Catcher Douglas" programmed there, not even in the original Diamond.

VS Seeker trainers will be fixed too, as well as a strange music glitch that corrupts an instrument (go to Sandgem and listen, for example).

By the way, Gardenia now suffers the trainer name glitch, which has no fix yet. I really don't know the reason of that name corruption, but it's not the text file, I'm sure. Does anyone have any ideas of possible solutions?

What was wrong with gardenia that caused the game to freeze?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    What was wrong with gardenia that caused the game to freeze?

Internal trainer programming. That's why, if you looked at the script, it looked perfect (in fact, I never edited it).

What worries me a lot is the VS Seeker. There are a lot of trainers glitching, and some of them have their text corrupted. If I knew how to get rid of that...

darkdarkrai

Years
  • Internal trainer programming. That's why, if you looked at the script, it looked perfect (in fact, I never edited it).

What worries me a lot is the VS Seeker. There are a lot of trainers glitching, and some of them have their text corrupted. If I knew how to get rid of that...

Try searching on youtube for tutorials on how to remove the corrupted text

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Try searching on youtube for tutorials on how to remove the corrupted text

There are no tutorials because this is something nobody hasn't experienced before, mainly because they are not innovative enough to edit such things.

But it doesn't matter, because I have fixed it. Well, I still have to tweak the patch a bit more so it doesn't occur in the future, but the problem is 99% gone. I had to change the texts' encoding, which wasn't easy.

How to prevent it in your hack: DO NOT USE THENEWPOKETEXT TO EDIT TRAINER NAMES :P

darkdarkrai

Years
  • There are no tutorials because this is something nobody hasn't experienced before, mainly because they are not innovative enough to edit such things.

But it doesn't matter, because I have fixed it. Well, I still have to tweak the patch a bit more so it doesn't occur in the future, but the problem is 99% gone. I had to change the texts' encoding, which wasn't easy.

How to prevent it in your hack: DO NOT USE THENEWPOKETEXT TO EDIT TRAINER NAMES :P

What Program did you use to edit the trainer names?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Beta 2.1 is now available. It's mostly the same as Beta 2 but several bug fixes have been performed:

• Freezing issues in Eterna Forest and Eterna Gym are fixed
    • Trainer names don't glitch anymore (FINALLY, YEAH)
    • Some instruments didn't play correctly in many songs, now they do
    • N will disappear forever from Ravaged Path after talking to him
    • The VS Seeker will now work without any secondary effect
    Main patch is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?a81cxtajhgoehoh
    Update from Beta 2 to 2.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?5j5jws2f4urlcaq

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2019
    My rom crashed again in Eterna forest with the first double battle. It's the one with the bug catcher and someone else.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    i like the game and the graphics!
    when are you going to upload the final version?

darkdarkrai

Years
  • When will beta 3 be released?

Anyway, I won't be on PC as much as I used to be, because since I got Xbox in december, I now do Call of duty and minecraft matches.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Hello! After some time without updates, I'm revealing what I've been working on.

Pokémon DarkDiamond has only progressed a little, because I've been doing extensive research needed to continue the hack. These have been very hard months, but finally, I can present you my first custom map! That means we could see new areas in DarkDiamond, who knows...

Here's a video of it:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    Hello! After some time without updates, I'm revealing what I've been working on.

Pokémon DarkDiamond has only progressed a little, because I've been doing extensive research needed to continue the hack. These have been very hard months, but finally, I can present you my first custom map! That means we could see new areas in DarkDiamond, who knows...

Here's a video of it:

WOW, I do not believe ... but how did you do? Fantastic!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back