• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    I'm researching how I can replicate these changes to apply to a binary rom. I hope to be able to share it with everyone.
    I'm sure everyone is looking forward to this :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    I will add this option in the next ModExe update - Mod Graphics. Thanks for the sugestion.
    Can you give me the specific offset address?
    Because I'd rather edit it myself than with modexe
    Thank you my friend

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    To activate the level cap system, create a level script and add this to it: setflag 0x202. So the system will be activated as soon as you enter that location. Let's say you want to activate this system only in gyms, then you would have to create a level script and mark it as a level script within the gyms. Outside the gym you would create another level script and mark it in town. The difference is that in the level script to flag in the city you would add the command clearflag 0x202 to disable the system as soon as you leave the gym.
    In case you didn't understand, I can record a video demonstrating how to do this.

I'm a total beginner and would very much appreciate a video tutorial if you can. Would this be able to be applied to battles too? For example, if I wanted to set a level cap until a particular battle was completed, then increase the cap after the battle was finished? I want to be able to pretty strictly control the level curve in my game.

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • I'll be gone for a while, so don't be surprised if I take longer than usual to respond to messages.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2022
    In the new map, in the "header" tab you should define the type of environment the new map will be, this will interfere with the dns system. You will have an option quoting "weather", in it you will change from "in-house weather" to "regular weather". Then just test your map and check if the dns is working on the new map.

Sick, worked for me. Much appreciated. This RomBase is great.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    I want to reuse the old battle background, what should I do?
    I don't like the current battle background so I want to use the old one again... I did it myself but it didn't change because I don't know how to change it in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    Just wanted to say that I've found this base incredibly useful so far.

I'm having an issue with creating a new move with the effect of Rollout/Ice Ball. The move Rollout itself works fine, but when I try to create a new move with the same effect, the move just does the same amount of damage each turn instead of doubling. Other move effects seem to work fine. It's just Rollout that I'm having trouble with. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Years
  • Is there a tutorial on how to use Mod.Exe? thanks

Also I understand that most of the gen 8 abilities are weird and hard to code, but what about Punk Rock and Ice Scales? Punk Rock can be coded in the same vein as Megalauncher or Blade Master (except with sound based moves, probably with the same list of moves as Soundproof), and Ice Scales can also be coded as just a Special Defense version of Fur Coat.

X_Zenith

Banned
    Years
  • Is there a tutorial on how to use Mod.Exe? thanks

Also I understand that most of the gen 8 abilities are weird and hard to code, but what about Punk Rock and Ice Scales? Punk Rock can be coded in the same vein as Megalauncher or Blade Master (except with sound based moves, probably with the same list of moves as Soundproof), and Ice Scales can also be coded as just a Special Defense version of Fur Coat.

hey open modexe and then there are 2 options first is to set original and second is set modified , set modified is to enable that feature and set original is to disable that feature

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    I wanted to mention that the black UI and EV/IV status update is very nice.

On another note, I came across this bug when defeating Brawly.
    You can skip to 00:49 if needed.
    https://youtu.be/fBjpG0BtdzI

After defeating Brawly, the effect in the gym similar to HM Flash slowly closes in and freezes the game.

Has anyone come across this as well? Much thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    After defeating Brawly, the effect in the gym similar to HM Flash slowly closes in and freezes the game.

Just skimming through Brawly's script, if you remove the line with the lighten command, you can also bypass the "HM Flash effect" and avoid the freeze.
    '---------------
    #org 0x1FC75D
    sound 0x23
    lighten 0x0 //comment: remove this line
    call 0x81FC648
    return

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    In Granite Cave, there is a hiker that gives you HM Flash, however instead of Flash, you will obtain Dive.
    One can fix this by replacing the giveitem line with the correct hex for Flash (0x1BF).

Also, in Mossdeep when you receive HM Dive from Steven, it is HM Rock Climb.
    After some tests, using PGE, you can find that there are two HM Flash. The 2nd one (not index 447) is actually HM Dive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2023
    You can easily edit the d/n palletes with the tool DNS - Day, Night and Seasons. Just download it in some site load/open your room and on the right side table (Viwer) go to Spriters, Attackes and disable all options, then just select Edit Dan to save. Btw for anyone else that might need help: the day and night palletes weren't added for double battles partners and their pokemon, I fixed it just by turning on in Spriters, Attackers Pals 0,1,2,3 and 8,9,10.

Years
  • I wanted to mention that the black UI and EV/IV status update is very nice.

On another note, I came across this bug when defeating Brawly.
    You can skip to 00:49 if needed.
    https://youtu.be/fBjpG0BtdzI

Has anyone come across this as well? Much thanks.

YUP it happened to me also thats why i changed it back to the original....

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Is the mod.exe patch installed as standard? I have seen changes in her game without installing mod.exe (fishing, running indoors and more options). If it needs to be installed, is it possible to do it after modifying trainers and routes in Advance Map? I don't know how to do it and I have seen that there is an option in mod.exe

Another question, where do I find the item codes to edit in hex.

Sorry for all question is first for romhacking

PD: Google translate

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi rom base creator I was wondering if you are able to expanded Pokémon number enough to add all fakeemon megas and gmax I would really appreciate if you can do this for me

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    Some features from Mod.exe were added by default with the rom base, however there are additional features that you can add as well.
    As far as I have tested, you are able to patch features after modifying trainers and routes. To be more clear, most of my mods I've added are after offset 0x800000 which have not interfered with the offsets that the patch modifies.

EDIT:
    Unfortunately the new EV/IV menu has not worked for my additions to the rom base.
    Changing to a new mon in the party on the stat menu eventually freezes the game and inverts the screen.

Last edited:
    Back