• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials Diamond and Pearl Moves & Abilities Project

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Yo poccil i was thinking of this places in my game the looks like a fountain that restores your pokemon health once i touch it. how can i make this happen.
    You're posting off-topic. You should ask this question in the Pokémon Essentials thread. To answer your question, it's the same as a Pokémon Center healing script. You can use the player touch trigger if you actually mean that you want to touch it.

Anyway, how's this project going? The only way I can think of the attacks being ripped perfectly is when D/P emulation is have been figured out, so you can rip the attacks straight from a ROM.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
    @poccil: Thanks for the clarification. When I talked about the disabling of those moves I was referrring to wichus effects. Fly and Bounce were covered, but not the other moves. The edit to Arena Trap has now been put in.

As far as the progress goes, I'm mainly concentrating on the new abilities at the moment. As mentioned previously I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment but I'm doing what I can. Snow Warning, Frisk & Ice Body are done. I'm planning to have Flower Gift & Bad Dreams done soon as well. Once I'm done for the night I'll update the first post. (Sorry, Unaware was already done by wichu. My bad.)

Last edited:

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
    First, thanks to LokiFerne for taking over while I was gone; I see that the project has garnered a lot of attention. As has already been mentioned, Loki's working on the hard parts (scripting, etc.) and I've been doing my best to take care of the boring stuff like editing the PMs. Any alpha and beta testing is greatly appreciated, as is any other help. Later!

mad.array

Years
    hi guys. sorry about the absence recently. It looks like I'm going to be away for a lot longer than I first thought. I'll still be working on the project, but my internet access will be severely restricted. I'm looking into mobile broadband but it's not really a cost I can manage at the moment. I'll keep updating as and when I can. Sorry about this folks...

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    ...At least you show that you won't stop the project, i can wait for as long as it takes for this to be perfect.

EDIT
    i dont know if this helps or not, but i found a thred on serebii with d/p move rips.
    https://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=351936&highlight=rips

Those are mostly battle animations lol. I'd say it would be a huge task to implement battle animations and takes forever. I'm not sure if LokiFerne is gonna have battle animations in the project but I'd wish him good luck if he does...

mad.array

Years
    Eugh. If there's one thing I can't work with in the Essentials kit, it's the animation editor. It drives me round the bend. I won't be including the animations, but if anyone else wants to give it a go then feel free.

All moves are now included, with the exception of Chatter. the abilities are coming along nicely, though I don't have a count on me at the moment. The items are still mainly there for Fling/Natural Gift, but I will get round to them. I've not head anything back from any of the testers, so i'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I'm just hoping that none of them have run off with the half complete version.

My next post should be sometime next week. By then I'll have moved home so my efforts can go back onto the project proper. Till then, buh bye!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    All moves are now included, with the exception of Chatter.
    Have a look at the newest version of Essentials, specifically the PokemonBattlePalace script and the new PokemonChatter script ;)
    You'll need to change the PokemonScreen script, too, as I don't think poccil added it to the field move list...

mad.array

Years
    Oh excellent. I'll be upgrading to the new version asap so that all of the moves are out of the way. Thanks for pointing that out wichu.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
    Hey I could test them if you want. But otherwise damn this looks really promising I hope you guys finish and I hope you release them to the public. It would be very generous of you.

Good luck on finishing.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
    Hey, Loki. There's something wrong while testing. When the moves are copied to another Essentials project, the type matchups are reversed--what I meant is "Fire is weak to Grass". It gives me a headache when that happens. Another bug is that any move aside from Shadow Force can hit a foe using Protect. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Wow, I really appreciate the work putting into this. I've tried doing something similar to this but I know it was not the best and never would be.

I'm glad there's finally a few public projects going on now to convert Pokemon Essentials to DP. It really needs it in some areas D:

Blazing Charizard

Pokémon Titanium creator
    Years
    Wooah! This looks awesome! I've been trying to change most styles to D/P, but I haven't got enough time to really work at it.
    Especially the "--" when there's no move; I've been trying to edit that too, but with no result (thanks to my crappy scripting knowledge...)

I'm keeping my eye on this!

mad.array

Years
    ShaggyTyphlosion: The types chart has been edited due to me using wichus scripts, it's just easier at the moment to stick with the project as is. As for the problem with Protect, I thought I'd noticed something with that. In PokeBattle_Battler: line 1195, change the code to read this

if target.effects[PBEffects::Protect] && (thismove.flags&0x02)!=0

That should fix that problem.

Everyone else: Sorry about the lack of updates guys. As I said before I've got quite a lot going on at the moment... and not in a good way. I CAN tell you that I've sorted out, amongst other things, the Multitype ability. I know the first post hasn't been changed for an age, so when I have more time online I will get round to that. Again, sorry about the lengthy absence.

Back