• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Some more thoughts and ideas regarding movesets

--Jigglypuff line--
    Pretty rough early learnset. It's stuck with Round as its only special stab whatsoever from 18 all the way til 48, for Hyper Voice. It also gets no fairy stab til 50 for Moonblast. Could benefit from some weaker earlier STAB; Am thinking Disarming Voice in low-mid teens, and maybe Uproar or Draining Kiss could as nice a middle-ground special move, maybe in the high 20's or low-mid 30's, to tide it over til Hyper Voice/Moonblast.

--Froakie line--
    It doesn't get any dark moves until 70! [or Dendemille Town, in mid-high 50's!] This kinda renders its natural dark typing rather useless, something that really disappointed me in the main games.
    Maybe it could get Night Slash a bit earlier [low 40's?] instead of all the way at 70?

--Cottonee line--
    Stuck with only Fairy Wind for fairy stab until 50 for Moonblast, which is Whimsicott only. Could benefit from something like Draining Kiss or Dazzling Gleam in mid-high 30's perhaps?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Some more thoughts and ideas regarding movesets

--Jigglypuff line--
    Pretty rough early learnset. It's stuck with Round as its only special stab whatsoever from 18 all the way til 48, for Hyper Voice. It also gets no fairy stab til 50 for Moonblast. Could benefit from some weaker earlier STAB; Am thinking Disarming Voice in low-mid teens, and maybe Uproar or Draining Kiss could as nice a middle-ground special move, maybe in the high 20's or low-mid 30's, to tide it over til Hyper Voice/Moonblast.

--Froakie line--
    It doesn't get any dark moves until 70! [or Dendemille Town, in mid-high 50's!] This kinda renders its natural dark typing rather useless, something that really disappointed me in the main games.
    Maybe it could get Night Slash a bit earlier [low 40's?] instead of all the way at 70?

--Cottonee line--
    Stuck with only Fairy Wind for fairy stab until 50 for Moonblast, which is Whimsicott only. Could benefit from something like Draining Kiss or Dazzling Gleam in mid-high 30's perhaps?
    It seems Fairy-Types having poor mid game movepools is a common issue, it might be best to fix all of them at once. I'll try changing Flash into a damaging Fairy Type move with 70BP or so and see how that goes. The Jigglypuff line seems to need some improving too as you're not the only one asking for buffs for them.

Agreed on Greninja, at the time I probably thought getting STAB on everything else would be fine, but it having no Dark moves other than Thief for so long was definitely disappointing in the vanilla game.

It might be a while before these changes actually make it into the game as I'm having a lot of fun with the Emerald decompilation right now, but I'll make sure they make it into the next update.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I've just installed the rebalanced version of Eternal X (digital copy if that makes any difference), and while my Fennekin that I chose has Magic Guard it wasn't holding the Big Nugget listed in the change log. Is there something I need to apply for the updates to the gift Pokemon, or is this more likely to be a held item issue in general? How do I fix this?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    It seems Fairy-Types having poor mid game movepools is a common issue, it might be best to fix all of them at once. I'll try changing Flash into a damaging Fairy Type move with 70BP or so and see how that goes. The Jigglypuff line seems to need some improving too as you're not the only one asking for buffs for them.

Agreed on Greninja, at the time I probably thought getting STAB on everything else would be fine, but it having no Dark moves other than Thief for so long was definitely disappointing in the vanilla game.

It might be a while before these changes actually make it into the game as I'm having a lot of fun with the Emerald decompilation right now, but I'll make sure they make it into the next update.

Yeah, does seem to be a fairy type thing. It might because the typing is so new, so there's not a lot of fairy moves yet, nor have they had as much time to balance them out.
    Making Flash an offensive fairy move could be a good idea to help them out as a whole! Have it as a decent early-mid game move to tide over til Dazzling Gleam. Maybe something like 65bp, with a decent [30%-ish perhaps] chance to drop accuracy?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've just installed the rebalanced version of Eternal X (digital copy if that makes any difference), and while my Fennekin that I chose has Magic Guard it wasn't holding the Big Nugget listed in the change log. Is there something I need to apply for the updates to the gift Pokemon, or is this more likely to be a held item issue in general? How do I fix this?
    Seems that one's a mistake on my end, the starter that holds the Big Nugget must be the one that Shauna trades you in the post game. I completely forgot that was a thing and just assumed that change would work, but didn't actually test it. The Kanto starters Eviolite should work though, as Charmander used to hold the opposite version's Charizardite and that worked.

Yeah, does seem to be a fairy type thing. It might because the typing is so new, so there's not a lot of fairy moves yet, nor have they had as much time to balance them out.
    Making Flash an offensive fairy move could be a good idea to help them out as a whole! Have it as a decent early-mid game move to tide over til Dazzling Gleam. Maybe something like 65bp, with a decent [30%-ish perhaps] chance to drop accuracy?
    It's weird that they decided to have two special 40BP Fairy moves and not much else until you get Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast, but yeah hopefully that'll change in future games. That seems like a reasonable change to Flash, hopefully the animation will still work properly once it's changed to a damaging move.

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jul 7, 2019
    Using Legal version, it seems that EXP gain is veeeeery slow. Took me five hours of nonstop training (with Citra's game speed maxed out!) just to barely finish the second gym. Very slow and honestly very boring. Can this be raised so that EXP gain is faster? I know it's meant to be harder but 10 ingame hours of training for one gym to be barely accomplished is a little silly.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    I'm currently Playing through Wilting Y In a NuLocke Format, and When going back to Santalune forest to Get Water Stones for my Lombre, I noticed It wouldn't drop any, Same for the Other Monkeys, and If Cottonee and Petilil are Meant to hold items too, They aren't either.

Im not sure if there was something I made a Mistake on..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Using Legal version, it seems that EXP gain is veeeeery slow. Took me five hours of nonstop training (with Citra's game speed maxed out!) just to barely finish the second gym. Very slow and honestly very boring. Can this be raised so that EXP gain is faster? I know it's meant to be harder but 10 ingame hours of training for one gym to be barely accomplished is a little silly.
    EXP gain has been reduced to keep the ridiculous EXP Share from breaking the game; it still gives you bonus EXP out of thin air, but it gets shared across your whole team. The level curve is supposed to be designed around this though, you shouldn't ever need to grind (especially not that much, that's definitely a little silly).

If you don't mind me asking, what's your team at this point and what levels were they at before all the grinding? Are you training more than six Pokemon by any chance?

Also, if you're grinding anywhere other than the restaurants, I'd suggest not doing that as they're by far the fastest way to get extra levels and money. You can also use Pokemon Amie and Lucky Eggs to boost your EXP if you want, though the game isn't designed around those and using them may ruin the level curve.

I'm currently Playing through Wilting Y In a NuLocke Format, and When going back to Santalune forest to Get Water Stones for my Lombre, I noticed It wouldn't drop any, Same for the Other Monkeys, and If Cottonee and Petilil are Meant to hold items too, They aren't either.

Im not sure if there was something I made a Mistake on..
    Which version of Wilting Y are you playing? They all have different sets of files so I need to know that before I can help you.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    I'm Playing the Insanity Rebalanced Version of the Game, I hope If it's not Obtainable by them in this Version that I can find Some Stones soon, Since Had my Team at this Moment: (Lombre, Cottonee, Jigglypuff) all evolve by Stone.

Edit:Oh, and the Stone Store in Lumiose doesn't sell Any of those stones. They sell Dawn, Dusk, and Shiny Stones.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm Playing the Insanity Rebalanced Version of the Game, I hope If it's not Obtainable by them in this Version that I can find Some Stones soon, Since Had my Team at this Moment: (Lombre, Cottonee, Jigglypuff) all evolve by Stone.

Edit:Oh, and the Stone Store in Lumiose doesn't sell Any of those stones. They sell Dawn, Dusk, and Shiny Stones.
    I've just tested this with a freshly downloaded copy and the first Pansage I found had a Leaf Stone (it should be a 100% chance for them to hold one), so it should be working. Could you check if the Pokemon changes are working for you? Maybe catch or battle a Petilil to see if it's a Fairy Type or not. You're definitely going to need some evo stones with that team so hopefully we can get this fixed for you.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    I've just tested this with a freshly downloaded copy and the first Pansage I found had a Leaf Stone (it should be a 100% chance for them to hold one), so it should be working. Could you check if the Pokemon changes are working for you? Maybe catch or battle a Petilil to see if it's a Fairy Type or not. You're definitely going to need some evo stones with that team so hopefully we can get this fixed for you.

Some Held Items still seem to Be around, Like I have the New TMs, Petilil appears to be A Fairy Type, and Munchlax is Holding a LeftOvers.
    Though, Quick note about the Ice Punch TM, All my Pokemon were able to Learn it: (Lombre, Sudowoodo, Cottonee, Fennekin, Jigglypuff, and Watchog) I know Lombre, Sudowoodo, and I think even Puff could learn that, But I don't think Cottonee or Fennekin should?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Some Held Items still seem to Be around, Like I have the New TMs, Petilil appears to be A Fairy Type, and Munchlax is Holding a LeftOvers.
    Though, Quick note about the Ice Punch TM, All my Pokemon were able to Learn it: (Lombre, Sudowoodo, Cottonee, Fennekin, Jigglypuff, and Watchog) I know Lombre, Sudowoodo, and I think even Puff could learn that, But I don't think Cottonee or Fennekin should?
    There's definitely something wrong with your Pokemon base stats file if the TMs are behaving that way; the Ice Punch TM used to be Round, which was learnable by everything, so the game is still reading the default TM/HM data somehow. It's bizarre that it's managing to get type changes from the same file, as that would mean it's been damaged or corrupted somehow. If you're playing on 3DS I'd suggest replacing the file named "8" in luma/titles/0004000000055E00/romfs/a/2/1 on your SD card with the the same file included in one of the rebalanced version folders in the hacks files. If you're using Citra you'll need to rebuild the ROM to replace that file, but it'll be in romfs/a/2/1 in your unpacked ROM.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    There's definitely something wrong with your Pokemon base stats file if the TMs are behaving that way; the Ice Punch TM used to be Round, which was learnable by everything, so the game is still reading the default TM/HM data somehow. It's bizarre that it's managing to get type changes from the same file, as that would mean it's been damaged or corrupted somehow. If you're playing on 3DS I'd suggest replacing the file named "8" in luma/titles/0004000000055E00/romfs/a/2/1 on your SD card with the the same file included in one of the rebalanced version folders in the hacks files. If you're using Citra you'll need to rebuild the ROM to replace that file, but it'll be in romfs/a/2/1 in your unpacked ROM.

Thank you!! That Ended up Working! My Lombre, Jigglypuff, and Cottonee are Now Powerful Ludicolo's Wigglytuffs, and Whimsicotts!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2019
    Hi! I just started playing the rebalanced version and I want to know where I can found the "oval stone" for my happiny? Thanks!!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi! I just started playing the rebalanced version and I want to know where I can found the "oval stone" for my happiny? Thanks!!
    Hey, Oval Stones are held by wild Happiny 50% of the time, same as the vanilla games. Shouldn't take you too long to get one.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi Buffel, can I ask where are the vitamins to buy besides Kiloude? I'm looking but can't find anything, and the documentation doesn't give any clues about. Thanks!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel, can I ask where are the vitamins to buy besides Kiloude? I'm looking but can't find anything, and the documentation doesn't give any clues about. Thanks!

Hey James, they're post game only unfortunately - I ran out of shop space and figured the super fun and not at all tedious super training would be a good enough alternative to vitamins. A couple of horde battles will be at least as good as a vitamin though!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    I was looking through the wild encounter list and saw that almost all legendaries can be encoutnered again in other places. Does mewtwo have another location besides the one in the base game or is he the only exception?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I was looking through the wild encounter list and saw that almost all legendaries can be encoutnered again in other places. Does mewtwo have another location besides the one in the base game or is he the only exception?
    Mewtwo's the only exception; the other legendaries in XY are either version exclusive or appear based on which starter you chose, so all of them had to appear in the wild to be available to everyone.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey James, they're post game only unfortunately - I ran out of shop space and figured the super fun and not at all tedious super training would be a good enough alternative to vitamins. A couple of horde battles will be at least as good as a vitamin though!

oh yeah horde battles! how I didnt think about them! Its just a core feature and it slipped throw my eyes, lol. Thanks!

Back