• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I hope I'm not getting annoying ;w;

Another thing I noticed:

--TROPIUS--
    According to the documentation, you gave him 93 base attack.. but literally no physical moves by levelup outside of Stomp and Body Slam? While those are awesome for his new ability Aerilate, the lack of physical grass stab is pretty disappointing.
    I'd like to propose swapping out Magical Leaf at 16 for Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed maybe at 26 over Leaf Tornado, and Leaf Blade somewhere in the upper 30's or lower 40's. All are learnable by Tropius through other means already [levelup in vanilla, or eggmoves].

Not at all!

I think I meant to give it Leaf Blade instead of one of the two times it learns Leaf Storm, it'd pretty be pretty silly to give it Dragon Dance by level up and Aerilate without that too. I'll update it's learnset with more physical moves next time I update the hack. Thanks for the suggestions!

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2019
    Hi Buffel Salt. First of all, thanks for this wonderful hack.
    Just a question regarding the wild encounter. Does the legendary encounter in pokemon village happen after i become the champion?
    because im currently on the last gym chapter where i found the gym leader in the pokemon village.
    Walking there however ive only encountered ditto, the mushroom pokemon etc.

So i check with pk3ds and the wild encounter did show the correct pokemon exactly as your documentation but somehow when in game its not.

After that, i tried to remove ditto and other pokemon and just fill it with legendaries. i rebuild the rom using 3ds toolkit and ditto and other pokemon still there.
    The encounter happen at night btw. Does the time matter tho?

Heres the thing, only wild encounter did not not work no matter how i change it in wilde encounter.

Ive modify the pokemon stats, the move stats etc and it does reflect but wild encounter somehow didnt.
    Is there some kind of parameter or settings im not aware?

Thanks in advance. Cheers :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    After that, i tried to remove ditto and other pokemon and just fill it with legendaries. i rebuild the rom using 3ds toolkit and ditto and other pokemon still there.

Sounds like you just didn't do it right with pk3ds, not a problem with the rom itself. I successfully changed route encounters just the other day for a run I'm doing where I get to bring up my champions in their lowest evolutionary form from the previous run [I prefer to catch them wildly generated, rather than gen them, so it rolls the ivs/nature/ability naturally]. Worked perfectly fine.

Most likely issue you're having is you didn't actually hit the "save current encounters" button at the top of the wild editor when you finished changing things. If you don't hit that, it reverts.

Also, just checking the documentation and the data in pk3ds, the only non-legendary you should be able to encounter in the flowers is Ditto. No 'mushroom pokemon' or anything else. Not sure if you're using the wrong rom, the wrong version, if you patched it wrong, or if you're using an outdated version, but those could all be possibilities? I don't see anything suggesting the legendaries there are only triggered after an event, or that day/night cycle is relevant, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Sorry for the double post btw, but I also wanted to ask why Strength is so heavily nerfed?

It seems rather excessive to drop both defenses by a stage for an 80bp rock move. The only moves you tend to see that heavily nerfed are moves that are notably high power and need it for a counterbalance. Close Combat, for example, is 120 base power with the same downside. High damage, but at a cost. But you can't find a single move that's 80bp or under that's nerfed that heavily. At most, Rock Slide has a 10% miss chance, but it also hits both opponents in multi battles AND has a flinch chance.

Just feels weird that the only decent-power 100% acc physical rock move, with literally no other effect and only 80bp, has such a heavy nerf.. Especially when Power Gem was buffed to 90bp in the same breath, with 0 consequence. I'm reluctant to use it at all in this run solely because it'll easily end up costing any mon that uses it its life if it doesn't completely oneshot, and it's extremely unlikely to do so if it isn't STAB.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel Salt. First of all, thanks for this wonderful hack.
    Just a question regarding the wild encounter. Does the legendary encounter in pokemon village happen after i become the champion?
    because im currently on the last gym chapter where i found the gym leader in the pokemon village.
    Walking there however ive only encountered ditto, the mushroom pokemon etc.

So i check with pk3ds and the wild encounter did show the correct pokemon exactly as your documentation but somehow when in game its not.

Heres the thing, only wild encounter did not not work no matter how i change it in wilde encounter.

Ive modify the pokemon stats, the move stats etc and it does reflect but wild encounter somehow didnt.
    Is there some kind of parameter or settings im not aware?

Thanks in advance. Cheers :)

Hey, you're welcome! The time and story progression don't affect most wild encounters in XY, so it's probably something else causing this. Do you have an official update installed alongside the hack by any chance? From memory that's what usually causes the wild encounter changes not to work. Are the other wild encounters working normally?

Sorry for the double post btw, but I also wanted to ask why Strength is so heavily nerfed?

It seems rather excessive to drop both defenses by a stage for an 80bp rock move. The only moves you tend to see that heavily nerfed are moves that are notably high power and need it for a counterbalance. Close Combat, for example, is 120 base power with the same downside. High damage, but at a cost. But you can't find a single move that's 80bp or under that's nerfed that heavily. At most, Rock Slide has a 10% miss chance, but it also hits both opponents in multi battles AND has a flinch chance.

Just feels weird that the only decent-power 100% acc physical rock move, with literally no other effect and only 80bp, has such a heavy nerf.. Especially when Power Gem was buffed to 90bp in the same breath, with 0 consequence. I'm reluctant to use it at all in this run solely because it'll easily end up costing any mon that uses it its life if it doesn't completely oneshot, and it's extremely unlikely to do so if it isn't STAB.

So there were a few reasons behind that (which in all honesty don't entirely justify the penalty looking back):
    • Strength is available very early, right before you get Rock Tomb from Grant. I didn't want to leave it as a Normal move as it would just be overshadowed by the even earlier Return TM, but I also didn't want it to completely outclass the reward from the gym.
    • It has very good distribution; there are a few Pokemon that learn it that really don't need access to a reliable, reasonably strong Rock type move (e.g. Scizor and even Arcanine). Power Gem was buffed for the opposite reason; not many Pokemon learn it and most that want it for STAB aren't very strong.
    • Rock Slide and Stone Edge are both available very late in the game, which makes Rock types slightly more valuable as not many other Pokemon learn these moves by level up. Making Strength a reliable rock move would negate that.
    • It's pretty fun on the Contrary Pokemon that learn it.
    So basically I wanted it to be usable in certain situations, but not something that could be mindlessly spammed early on. It seems most people just opt to not use it at all though so maybe it needs looking at 😅.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2020
    Hey there started playing this for the first time and i just wonder is there a guide that shows you what of the 721 pokemon spawn on sertain locations? i played a rom hack for oras some time ago and it was handy to know where the pokemon were added in terms of the story i looked around but couldnt find it so would i be possible to post a spreadsheet or database of locations for the 721 pokemon? ik its probs allot to ask but its hard hunting for sertain pokemon and not know were they are.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2019
    Quick question: Are all mega stones available in this hack or just the ones obtainable in the base pokemon x/y games? (mostly curious about altarianite) :)
    And for pokemon stat changes, are those same changes applied to the mega evolutions of them too? (altaria's base atk buffed by 25, will mega altaria be buffed also?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey there started playing this for the first time and i just wonder is there a guide that shows you what of the 721 pokemon spawn on sertain locations? i played a rom hack for oras some time ago and it was handy to know where the pokemon were added in terms of the story i looked around but couldnt find it so would i be possible to post a spreadsheet or database of locations for the 721 pokemon? ik its probs allot to ask but its hard hunting for sertain pokemon and not know were they are.
    See the "Wild Pokemon Locations" file in the documents folder that came with your download. If you got the hack from somewhere other than my Google Drive and it was missing the documents, you can find all of them by clicking the download link in the main post.

Quick question: Are all mega stones available in this hack or just the ones obtainable in the base pokemon x/y games? (mostly curious about altarianite) :)
    And for pokemon stat changes, are those same changes applied to the mega evolutions of them too? (altaria's base atk buffed by 25, will mega altaria be buffed also?)
    Hey, it's just the XY stones unfortunately. If I buffed a mega's base form the mega also gets the same stat increase, though usually in different stats.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2020
    THX! i hadnt seen the doc just one more question i saw that there are a few 100% chance encounters in sertain routes like the torchic on route 2 but i dont see that noted i the location doc were can i find that info?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    THX! i hadnt seen the doc just one more question i saw that there are a few 100% chance encounters in sertain routes like the torchic on route 2 but i dont see that noted i the location doc were can i find that info?

You're welcome! The Torchic is the only encounter like that, I don't think I documented it anywhere though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    Hello.

Im trying updating my built wilting y cia, i did this back in version 2.02 and not long ago updated it to 2.5 wthout problems, but now i did the same, drag and drop the luma folder and checked if rock smash is changed but it is not, which i assume means it didnt work. Shouldnt be problems with the code.bin file you say cause 1 it worked already once and 2 i cant even find such file in my sd card.
    Also if i install a clean pokemon x game and just drag and drop the luma folder will it work? Thanks

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello.

Im trying updating my built wilting y cia, i did this back in version 2.02 and not long ago updated it to 2.5 wthout problems, but now i did the same, drag and drop the luma folder and checked if rock smash is changed but it is not, which i assume means it didnt work. Shouldnt be problems with the code.bin file you say cause 1 it worked already once and 2 i cant even find such file in my sd card.
    Also if i install a clean pokemon x game and just drag and drop the luma folder will it work? Thanks

That should still work; you could also try deleting the "0004000000055E00" folder in luma/titles and then dragging the new luma folder over like usual. That would give you a fresh install and make sure everything is being copied over correctly. If that still doesn't work then installing a clean X game definitely will.

Years
  • That it is called Legal version... Can I trade to other games and use in online play?

Also, did you ever get it working with the Official Game update 1.5?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    That it is called Legal version... Can I trade to other games and use in online play?

Also, did you ever get it working with the Official Game update 1.5?

Not quite, as the FAQ explains: "Are Pokemon from the Legal Version safe for use online?
    In most cases, no. This is because met locations and levels will likely be wrong, and because I had to replace a regular ability with the hidden ability to make them available for many Pokemon. If you want to transfer your Pokemon to Pokemon Bank, you'll need to edit them with pkhex to make them legal first, or play the online version instead."

The name is a bit misleading, it refers to enemy trainers more so than your Pokemon - they won't have illegal moves or type/ability changes etc.

Unfortunately I still haven't got it to work with the official update, but I do want to try that again at some point.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2019
    Hey sorry if this hs been asked before but i looked and i COuldn't find anything.
    Is the day/night cycle supposed to stop or is it some bug I have? And if it is, is it the mod, or just my 3ds clock?
    Cause I'm kinda worried about the night evolutions and if they will be affected

Edit: Nevermind! The time just started working, I guess it must've been the clock since i had changed it a few days ago since it went wack, so maybe it took some time before it started working? Whatever, what matters is that it worked.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey sorry if this hs been asked before but i looked and i COuldn't find anything.
    Is the day/night cycle supposed to stop or is it some bug I have? And if it is, is it the mod, or just my 3ds clock?
    Cause I'm kinda worried about the night evolutions and if they will be affected

Edit: Nevermind! The time just started working, I guess it must've been the clock since i had changed it a few days ago since it went wack, so maybe it took some time before it started working? Whatever, what matters is that it worked.

Yeah that's something 3DS related, the hack shouldn't affect the day/night cycle. At least it's working now though!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've just updated the games; details are in the changelog and documents, but here's a quick overview:
    • More buffs for Pokemon, including Tropius, Wigglytuff and Banette
    • Strength now has 100 base power
    • Pumpkaboo and Phantump evolve using Dusk Stones instead of happiness
    • Greninja learns Dark Pulse at a reasonable level
    • Disarming Voice now has 60 base power, and is learned by most Fairy types who needed better mid-game STAB options

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2019
    Hey guys, i just checked and there is no mention of burmy evolutionary line in the wild pokemon pdf. Aren't all pokemon supposed to be in the game? Also there is no ferrothorn.

Last edited:
    Back