• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
First, I tried 2.65 version, went to Sushi and Le Wow, tried Double and Triple Battles, and everything is the same as always. Which again, I like to battle another pokemons besides Blisseys and Audinos, but...the feature isn't there. Maybe you should put on Rotation Battles for example? But I'm pretty sure Sushi and Wow don't have Blisseys.

And second, that Emerald proyect sounds pretty good tbh! I'm looking a version between what you would want to do with ORAS, but with the freedom you can have in 3rd gen maybe? I'll look into that when it's proper released.

And btw, just curious, Battle Frontier will be revisited before the release? To include moves and/or new pokemons?
Ah yeah Sushi and Le Wow don't have Blisseys because they're only available in the post game. I figured a grinding spot wasn't really needed at that point, as there's not much to do in XY after becoming champion. Guess I could make one of them Blisseys only if that'd be useful though.

Thanks! Yeah exactly, it'll essentially be updated to ORAS standards and beyond, but I'll still able to add new events and things that I couldn't do on the 3DS. The frontier will definitely be getting updated; I'll probably redo all the Pokemon in it from scratch so it'll include Pokemon, moves and items from newer gens too.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Ah yeah Sushi and Le Wow don't have Blisseys because they're only available in the post game. I figured a grinding spot wasn't really needed at that point, as there's not much to do in XY after becoming champion. Guess I could make one of them Blisseys only if that'd be useful though.

Thanks! Yeah exactly, it'll essentially be updated to ORAS standards and beyond, but I'll still able to add new events and things that I couldn't do on the 3DS. The frontier will definitely be getting updated; I'll probably redo all the Pokemon in it from scratch so it'll include Pokemon, moves and items from newer gens too.

Oh nevermind I'm dumb, I didn't properly read your post and looked Sushi and Wow and not Yeah and Nah. I found the audino/chansey restaurant finally (Btw I hate those names, and despise the city lol, 170 hours and still getting lost)

Don't mind me please, the restaurant aspect is good, you don't need to touch anything. I just wanted to level up some Pokemon in order to fill the dex mostly. It's great just like this.

And about Emerald, man that sounds just super cool. Usually here you can find a lot of hacks but BF is usually forgotten or super broken which is a shame. I'll be really looking close to that hack.

Hope you're doing great!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Oh nevermind I'm dumb, I didn't properly read your post and looked Sushi and Wow and not Yeah and Nah. I found the audino/chansey restaurant finally (Btw I hate those names, and despise the city lol, 170 hours and still getting lost)

Don't mind me please, the restaurant aspect is good, you don't need to touch anything. I just wanted to level up some Pokemon in order to fill the dex mostly. It's great just like this.

And about Emerald, man that sounds just super cool. Usually here you can find a lot of hacks but BF is usually forgotten or super broken which is a shame. I'll be really looking close to that hack.

Hope you're doing great!
Yeah Lumiose is really badly designed, I think the horrible camera's the biggest problem. I'd recommend using the taxis to go most places so you don't have to deal with it.

IIRC some of the old bag or Pokemon expansion methods don't work properly with the frontier, so that's why there are so many broken versions of it around (not 100% sure on that though).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 13, 2022
Would you consider this mod to be "done" or are you still working on it and adding things to the game? I mainly ask because I hold out hope you're still updating Pokemon types, such as Yanmega being Bug/Dragon, Cryagonal being Ice/Ghost, Florges being Fairy/Grass, etc. Are there any plans to further update Pokemon types? Seeing Pokemon receive new typings is one of my favorite new features of this mod.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Would you consider this mod to be "done" or are you still working on it and adding things to the game? I mainly ask because I hold out hope you're still updating Pokemon types, such as Yanmega being Bug/Dragon, Cryagonal being Ice/Ghost, Florges being Fairy/Grass, etc. Are there any plans to further update Pokemon types? Seeing Pokemon receive new typings is one of my favorite new features of this mod.
I'm planning to release version 3.0 of the hack at some point, which will update learnsets with some of the new options from sword and shield and hopefully have some basic script edits. For now though I'm working on an Emerald hack, so I'm only fixing bugs in EXWY until the initial version of that is finished. Some extra type changes are a possibility in future versions though!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 19, 2023
So, those tm's that've been moved out of the postgame, is there a list of where they've been moved too?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 13, 2021
Hi there! Any chances we could get the custom banner, icon and starting screen in other countries? Other than that, I love your romhacks. They are really well made and never felt unfair. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi there! Any chances we could get the custom banner, icon and starting screen in other countries? Other than that, I love your romhacks. They are really well made and never felt unfair. Thanks!
Hey! Sure, I could do that. I'd have to replace the other title screens with the English one though. And thanks, glad you're enjoying my hacks!
That doesn't appear to be true, for example, the psychic tm is only available post game, and it's not listed anywhere in the documents
The Psychic TM is in Pokemon village, which is accessible before beating the league. It only requires Surf and Waterfall, so you can get it before post game (unless the waterfall is blocked off by something? Been a while since I've played through XY).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2020
Hi! I downloaded Wilting Y 2.65 right off the site and followed all of the instructions in the Google Drive PDF, but my copy of Y seems to still be the original. I upgraded to Luma 10.2, enabled game patching on the config menu, and removed all of the Y updates from the 3DS settings. I'm also playing in English mode, so I should be seeing the "Wilting" modified logo on the title screen, according to the posts on this forum. I'd appreciate any advice you could give. Thanks in advance! :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I installed the normal legal Wilting Y, but then decided to play the rebalanced version. Do I have to uninstall the legal version somehow and then reinstall the rebalanced version? Or is it fine to just drag the luma file and override the previous files?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi! I downloaded Wilting Y 2.65 right off the site and followed all of the instructions in the Google Drive PDF, but my copy of Y seems to still be the original. I upgraded to Luma 10.2, enabled game patching on the config menu, and removed all of the Y updates from the 3DS settings. I'm also playing in English mode, so I should be seeing the "Wilting" modified logo on the title screen, according to the posts on this forum. I'd appreciate any advice you could give. Thanks in advance! :)
Hey, sounds like you've done everything correctly. Could you check to see if any of the other changes are working? The earliest ones are the Aquacorde shop selling Cherish Balls and the Torchic on Route 2 (it's always the first encounter). There's also a chance your starter will have its hidden ability, but that's random so it's not the best way to check.
I installed the normal legal Wilting Y, but then decided to play the rebalanced version. Do I have to uninstall the legal version somehow and then reinstall the rebalanced version? Or is it fine to just drag the luma file and override the previous files?
You can just drag the luma folder over and overwrite the previous version, there's nothing in the legal version that won't be replaced by the rebalanced files.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2020
Thank you for the quick response! I played through a little and checked for the Torchic on Route 2, and it wasn't there (I got a normal Pidgey instead). If you have any suggestions that would be great, but if not I can try using Citra?
It may be worth noting that I initially installed the Eternal X patch to my 3DS before I remembered I have Y and not X, and then I just removed the files on my SD card and replaced them with the correct ones. Was there a more in depth uninstall or something?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hello again! Thanks for the response, but I have something to report. Every time I try to remember an old move with my Altaria, the game crashes. Should I give you my crash dump file so you can examine it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you for the quick response! I played through a little and checked for the Torchic on Route 2, and it wasn't there (I got a normal Pidgey instead). If you have any suggestions that would be great, but if not I can try using Citra?
It may be worth noting that I initially installed the Eternal X patch to my 3DS before I remembered I have Y and not X, and then I just removed the files on my SD card and replaced them with the correct ones. Was there a more in depth uninstall or something?
Could be an issue with the hack, which version of Wilting Y are you playing? I can test it out and fix it if that turn out to be the cause. It might be worth trying Citra, but if the hack is the issue that probably won't work either.
Having Eternal X installed wouldn't be a problem; X and Y have different title IDs, so you can have both installed at the same time. Deleting the files is also all you need to do to uninstall, so definitely nothing wrong there!
Hello again! Thanks for the response, but I have something to report. Every time I try to remember an old move with my Altaria, the game crashes. Should I give you my crash dump file so you can examine it?
Hey, no need for a crash dump, I see the problem. Altaria learns too many moves, so I'll have to remove a few to stop it crashing the more reminder. I'll get a fix uploaded as soon as I can, thanks for reporting this!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 16, 2021
Hey Buffel, wanted to start off by saying thanks for the amazing hack. My friend and I just started running through a Nuzlocke on insanity and it has been a blast (and insanely hard).

Neither of us own a 3DS and we are playing off of Citra (everything works perfectly fine so far). That being said I wanted to know if it is possible to randomize the legal version of the rom hack. We've been doing randomized Nuzlockes for each Gen up until now and would like to continue the tradition but keep the increased difficulty from the hack. We only want to randomize the starters and wild pokemon while leaving the rest in tact (maybe change the static encounters). I haven't attempted it yet but I wasn't sure if pk3ds will be compatible or not.

Once again thanks for the great work and I look forward to your Emerald hack as well!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Every time I try to remember an old move with my Altaria, the game crashes.
Just fixed this, sorry for the inconvenience! To update the hack just download the latest version and install it again, it'll overwrite the older version.
Hey Buffel, wanted to start off by saying thanks for the amazing hack. My friend and I just started running through a Nuzlocke on insanity and it has been a blast (and insanely hard).

Neither of us own a 3DS and we are playing off of Citra (everything works perfectly fine so far). That being said I wanted to know if it is possible to randomize the legal version of the rom hack. We've been doing randomized Nuzlockes for each Gen up until now and would like to continue the tradition but keep the increased difficulty from the hack. We only want to randomize the starters and wild pokemon while leaving the rest in tact (maybe change the static encounters). I haven't attempted it yet but I wasn't sure if pk3ds will be compatible or not.

Once again thanks for the great work and I look forward to your Emerald hack as well!
Hey, you're welcome! Glad to hear you two are having fun with the hack.

Yeah, pk3DS will be able to randomize the hack. It'll only open a full ROM file system though, so you'll have to unpack an X or Y ROM and copy the contents of the hack's "romfs" (i.e. the "a" folder and the DllField.cro file) folder into the ROM's romFS folder first. From there you can randomize it and then either rebuild the entire ROM, or copy the modified files back into the hack's folders and reinstall it as per the guide. If you're just randomizing wild Pokemon and static encounters, the edited files will be a/0/1/2 and DllField.cro. Hope that's clear, but let me know if not!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 13, 2021
Does the latest version include the new title screens? Also, I'm not really far in the game yet, but is there a trainer or spot where you can get EXP fast? Like some rematchable trainer with a team full of Blisseys? Cuz that would really help leveling in the postgame.

Back