• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Just finished this hack's postgame looker quests, it's really good but i feel like you should've done 33-40% less xp, being under levelled is a neat challenge but once i start getting nearly 10 levels under it starts getting a bit silly even with the EV thing.

Had to google and find out you made the restaurants XP farms to counteract this problem in the second half of the game.

Other then that hiccup that probably added 15 extra hours of grinding to my game time, especially in the enemy team events where there is no new routes but their levels keep going up, it was a great experience and very smartly handled.

To anyone looking to play it, go without fear just remember the second half of the game may need a few stops to the EXP farms because grinding naturally with the lower EXP is a fools errand so learn from me.

Good hack i just missed an important counterbalance feature and suffered needlessly for it, i would recommend pointing this out somewhere in the features list of the main post or somewhere that most people read, or i am blind.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just finished this hack's postgame looker quests, it's really good but i feel like you should've done 33-40% less xp, being under levelled is a neat challenge but once i start getting nearly 10 levels under it starts getting a bit silly even with the EV thing.

Had to google and find out you made the restaurants XP farms to counteract this problem in the second half of the game.

Other then that hiccup that probably added 15 extra hours of grinding to my game time, especially in the enemy team events where there is no new routes but their levels keep going up, it was a great experience and very smartly handled.

To anyone looking to play it, go without fear just remember the second half of the game may need a few stops to the EXP farms because grinding naturally with the lower EXP is a fools errand so learn from me.

Good hack i just missed an important counterbalance feature and suffered needlessly for it, i would recommend pointing this out somewhere in the features list of the main post or somewhere that most people read, or i am blind.
    Glad you enjoyed it (mostly)! Did you turn off the exp share, skip trainers or train more than 6 mons? The level curve is designed around zero grinding; if it was an issue I would have fixed the level curve, not slapped a band-aid on it with forced grinding. The restaurants are there if you need to train up a mon that's been sitting in the box for 50 levels or something. There's no expectation that you will ever need to grind, especially not that much!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Yeah i replaced most my team at a point which didnt help but even my 2 that didn't get replaced were still behind and that ones my fault, i exp shared the whole way and had full 6 mons maybe i did something wrong though.

I have the kinda luck where in storm silver the only reason i dont beat morty's gym in a timely manner is because hypnosis misses 4 out of 40 times so at least one time everytime i play i hit a wall that shouldn't be there just due to my luck, this time was the double battle at pokemon factory due to friendly ai and that was the start of my underleveling.

Maybe i missed an area since it only really started in the team flare portions where there was no new routes just trainers which again is just doubling down on team replacement, the dinner grind thing woulda saved me about 5-10 hours total on the new recruits if used as intended.

Dont worry about it tbh, just more reinforcing knowing that the function exists (only mentioned in this thread at some point iirc) and this hack is worth everyone's time.

Days
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    Hey so I downloaded Eternal X from the Hshop store (I know now that I shouldn't have) but never saw any noticeable bugs and I'm pretty far into the game making a living dex but I wanted to update it and switch it over to the correct version. Is there any way to do that in a way I don't lose my save data or would I just have to start over again

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey so I downloaded Eternal X from the Hshop store (I know now that I shouldn't have) but never saw any noticeable bugs and I'm pretty far into the game making a living dex but I wanted to update it and switch it over to the correct version. Is there any way to do that in a way I don't lose my save data or would I just have to start over again
    Hey, just don't delete your save data when uninstalling the hshop version (the 3DS will ask when you uninstall). Unless the hshop version is incredibly broken, the save should just work with any version of Pokemon X.

Days
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    hello! i tried to download this using FTPD & Filezilla (which i'm pretty sure automerges files), but when I download it and start it up - it just gives me a black screen and freezes my 3ds - does anyone know how to fix this ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    hello! i tried to download this using FTPD & Filezilla (which i'm pretty sure automerges files), but when I download it and start it up - it just gives me a black screen and freezes my 3ds - does anyone know how to fix this ?

Make sure that transferring type is set to binary instead of ASCII. That's what I had to do when I had this issue.

Days
    • Seen Sep 8, 2023
    Hey, have been loving the rom hack, and I am currently doing some work to collect data for a nuzlocke tracker, as they help me with keeping track of my run. why I am posting here is that in all documents across the internet, I can find no accurate documentation for any of the rival fights for any difficulty. This obviously makes collecting the data very difficult, so if anyone in the community has a solid data source for rival fights that would be greatly appreciated. If not it would be great if we could get an official document with the rival levels, Pokémon, moves, items, etc. Again love the rom hack, I will monitor this thread in the following day to see if anyone can help me out.

Days
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    It's possible to delete the halved experience without deleting the rest of changes? Maybe removing some file at romfs/a/ folder...? Ty

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    I have been playing through wilted y and it's been really fun so far almost to the second gym but I have some questions, what is wrong with the hshop version of the game. It seems to work fine for me and all the normal changes are implemented. The only difference I can see is it's on v2.66 instead of 67. My second question is how do I get the venipede line(venipede whirlipede scolipede) as I don't see them as wild encounters In the doc and none of them came up in the search. I could just bread them but I was curious if I'm blind or if they aren't wild for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    It's possible to delete the halved experience without deleting the rest of changes? Maybe removing some file at romfs/a/ folder...? Ty
    No; it's part of the base stats file, so you'd lose all the changes to those. You'd also need to increase the levels of everything to account for all the extra experience.
    I have been playing through wilted y and it's been really fun so far almost to the second gym but I have some questions, what is wrong with the hshop version of the game. It seems to work fine for me and all the normal changes are implemented. The only difference I can see is it's on v2.66 instead of 67. My second question is how do I get the venipede line(venipede whirlipede scolipede) as I don't see them as wild encounters In the doc and none of them came up in the search. I could just bread them but I was curious if I'm blind or if they aren't wild for some reason.
    Being outdated is an issue - looking at the change log, it doesn't have the unlimited Lucky Eggs that the latest version has, but beyond that I have no idea. I don't know if it's even my hack, or if it was built properly; it could be some other hack for all I know. Quite a few people have had problems with it, but I have no interest in figuring out what the problems are, as I have zero control over the h-shop version - any issues with it are h-shop's responsibility.

Venipede should be in the bushes on the route that leads to the palace (I can't remember which route that is). It's the same place as vanilla XY, so something like Serebii will have more info if you need it.

Days
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Hello, I had a question while I was playing Eternal X (Insanity/Rebalanced) on Citra. As I was going insane (—ha!) trying to catch an ideal nature Weedle with its 10% encounter rate, I went and took the mod files out of their folder, booted up the game again as 'regular' X to catch one with the far more favourable rates in the base game, saved, then reboot with the mod files back in their folder. After rebooting however, the 'time of day' feature no longer seems to work (it was night in Eternal X, as it was irl—then became day after rebooting, despite the time being accurate as per the save screen), and then, upon levelling my Pidgey, the game showed question marks beside some of the stat changes when they were displayed (ie. Attack +5?). I couldn't find any discussion about doing things of this nature, so I blazed ahead without asking first—but I should ask now: is the save file corrupted? Should I bother continuing, or is there likely to be a catastrophic error down the line? If not, can I resync the time somehow?

Aside—the game looks really fun. I've always wanted to play a 3D Pokemon game where important trainers have not only strong teams but legendaries, and moreover cover legendaries, to create actually provide those battles with a sense of epic scale and gravity. The only other romhack I've played is Radical Red, which was fun but lacked charm. To make things even better, I've never played X/Y, which means I get to actually enjoy a 'new' main series Pokemon game. Thanks for your hard work!

Edit: I just realized Mega Beedrill was introduced in ORAS... How disappointing. Scarf Fell Stinger for end game team maybe?!—

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    i chose bulbasaur from sycamore in eternal x giving me the venusaurite, and i can get the chairzardite x from the stone emporium and charizardite y from coumarine city, but is it possible to get the blastoinite now? and if so where can i get it?

Days
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Hi Buffel, I've been enjoying the game very much but i feel like exp gained after a while is kind of less for wild mons. I see that you have halved the gain from exp share, is there a possibility to change it back to as usual by myself and if so how do I do it? Thanks.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, I understand that this is not supported -- while for some reason I'm not installing the patch as recommended, but repacking the changes with my ROM.
    I can confirm that at least trainer parties and wild encounters are really changed, and I've reached Cyllage City.

However, the marts are not updated. The mart in Cyllage City is still selling nest ball instead of flying gem, as mentioned in the item changes doc. When I'm back to Stone Emporium, the stones are also not updated.
    So I guess I have missed part of the patch, or maybe you can tell me which file is the mart update in? I believe I have patched my romfs (including DllField.cro) and extracted code.bin properly. Thx.

Edit: Forgot to mention. I'm playing insanity.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello, I had a question while I was playing Eternal X (Insanity/Rebalanced) on Citra. As I was going insane (—ha!) trying to catch an ideal nature Weedle with its 10% encounter rate, I went and took the mod files out of their folder, booted up the game again as 'regular' X to catch one with the far more favourable rates in the base game, saved, then reboot with the mod files back in their folder. After rebooting however, the 'time of day' feature no longer seems to work (it was night in Eternal X, as it was irl—then became day after rebooting, despite the time being accurate as per the save screen), and then, upon levelling my Pidgey, the game showed question marks beside some of the stat changes when they were displayed (ie. Attack +5?). I couldn't find any discussion about doing things of this nature, so I blazed ahead without asking first—but I should ask now: is the save file corrupted? Should I bother continuing, or is there likely to be a catastrophic error down the line? If not, can I resync the time somehow?

Aside—the game looks really fun. I've always wanted to play a 3D Pokemon game where important trainers have not only strong teams but legendaries, and moreover cover legendaries, to create actually provide those battles with a sense of epic scale and gravity. The only other romhack I've played is Radical Red, which was fun but lacked charm. To make things even better, I've never played X/Y, which means I get to actually enjoy a 'new' main series Pokemon game. Thanks for your hard work!

Edit: I just realized Mega Beedrill was introduced in ORAS... How disappointing. Scarf Fell Stinger for end game team maybe?!—
    Hey, yeah your save file is fine. That's just the game getting confused by Pidgey's base stats changing when you swapped to vanilla and back; that wouldn't normally be possible, so it doesn't get handled gracefully.
    Glad you're enjoying the hack so far!
    i chose bulbasaur from sycamore in eternal x giving me the venusaurite, and i can get the chairzardite x from the stone emporium and charizardite y from coumarine city, but is it possible to get the blastoinite now? and if so where can i get it?
    IIRC there's some way to get all three starter stones in vanilla, it should be the same here (also the stone emporium at some point?).
    Hi Buffel, I've been enjoying the game very much but i feel like exp gained after a while is kind of less for wild mons. I see that you have halved the gain from exp share, is there a possibility to change it back to as usual by myself and if so how do I do it? Thanks.
    Hey, thanks! You could do that using pk3DS. You'd also need to edit all the trainers and wild mons to handle your new level curve though! It would be easier to fight repeatable trainers for EXP instead of wild mons. They give more EXP, and give you money at the same time! The restaurants in Lumiose are good spots for that.
    Hello, I understand that this is not supported -- while for some reason I'm not installing the patch as recommended, but repacking the changes with my ROM.
    I can confirm that at least trainer parties and wild encounters are really changed, and I've reached Cyllage City.

However, the marts are not updated. The mart in Cyllage City is still selling nest ball instead of flying gem, as mentioned in the item changes doc. When I'm back to Stone Emporium, the stones are also not updated.
    So I guess I have missed part of the patch, or maybe you can tell me which file is the mart update in? I believe I have patched my romfs (including DllField.cro) and extracted code.bin properly. Thx.

Edit: Forgot to mention. I'm playing insanity.
    Hey, I'd suggest reading the FAQ and the install guide to see if you've missed a step (sounds like a title update issue?). I prefer not to help troubleshoot with that installation method; doing so was a real headache back when it was the only option. There's a lot that can go wrong; sometimes the issue was a tool problem, or a file that had somehow gained a file extension. That said, the marts are part of the code.bin file in XY.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, I'd suggest reading the FAQ and the install guide to see if you've missed a step (sounds like a title update issue?). I prefer not to help troubleshoot with that installation method; doing so was a real headache back when it was the only option. There's a lot that can go wrong; sometimes the issue was a tool problem, or a file that had somehow gained a file extension. That said, the marts are part of the code.bin file in XY.

Thank you for your reply. I checked all the installed titles in godmode9 (since updates there have different IDs) and sadly there's definitely no update for the game installed.
    And it's great to know which file the mart change is in, but maybe you can tell me some of the other changes in code.bin? In that way I can make sure it's really code.bin's problem or not, by checking if they can be found in game. Thanks again.

And, btw, now I've beaten 4th gym. I must say the level curve and trainer parties are really well-designed -- not too difficult as you can grind exp and money in battle chateau, and not too easy since the combination of moves/abilities/items are considered especially for gym leaders and other important characters. Really great work.

EDIT: Pokemon Ranger Melina on Route 14 has empty battle text. Bug?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you for your reply. I checked all the installed titles in godmode9 (since updates there have different IDs) and sadly there's definitely no update for the game installed.
    And it's great to know which file the mart change is in, but maybe you can tell me some of the other changes in code.bin? In that way I can make sure it's really code.bin's problem or not, by checking if they can be found in game. Thanks again.

And, btw, now I've beaten 4th gym. I must say the level curve and trainer parties are really well-designed -- not too difficult as you can grind exp and money in battle chateau, and not too easy since the combination of moves/abilities/items are considered especially for gym leaders and other important characters. Really great work.

EDIT: Pokemon Ranger Melina on Route 14 has empty battle text. Bug?

The other change in the code.bin is the new TM list. There are a few that are outside of shops so you could check those (e.g. Giga Drain).

Thanks! Yeah at some point her text broke. Not sure how exactly, the text is still in the files, it just doesn't display.

Back