• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
  • At what stage of the game can i have Ursaluna,Kleavor , Galarian Slowbro,Wyrdeer ? Are they available early? Is there any regional form available early?

the evolutions are available as soon as you can catch the base stage pokemon and the obtain the evolution items, so it depends, like teddiursa is before the first gym and so is peak block so ideally you can have an ursaluna before badge one

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Played this around a month and a half ago. Not a bad hack by any means, but that was unfortunately disappointing overall. I have some bugs. Most of them are minor, but some are not.

• While at the Ruins of Alph, I saw the patterns on the walls, reading "ESCAPE" in Unown letters. The thing is, when I use Escape Rope and go back, the pattern on the wall do not perish. In vanilla GSC and HG/SS, when I used an Escape Rope the wall would give way to four different items in four each chambers, and I would eventually fall to the Ruins of Alph's main chamber.
    • DESELECT is all caps in item selection. You can lowercase it to "Deselect".
    • Electric-type mons should not be paralysed at all; if you paralyse a mon with Synchronize with Electric-type, Synchronize should not activate and paralyse the Electric-type.
    • Electirizer is not in Route 10, or Power Plant, or Rock Tunnel, and I searched for a good half hour with Itemfinder. And since DexNav does not exist, farming an item from wild mons takes quite a lot of time even with increased speed. When I completed the Red fight and the game, I still had Electabuzz, not Electivire, due to this.
    • "Bell Tower" and "Tin Tower" are interchangeably mentioned - better stick to one name.
    • If possible remove the screen when you use an item on a Pokémon out of the battle. "X was used on Pokémon A." that screen is unnecessary and was removed on most recent FireRed hacks for good reason. And if possible you could add the feature that you can use an item repeatedly on one screen without using an item and going back.
    • Normally, in vanilla Johto hacks (Gen 2 hacks like Polished Crystal and HG/SS hacks like Sacred Gold and Storm Silver), you do not walk to the rival when you enter the champion's room. You, instead, walk for a while, stop, then see Lance from a distance, and there you can make your final preparations before battling him. In Fire Gold, however, this is like the other most GBA hacks for some reason; you walk to Lance and the battle immediately starts. That was slightly off putting for me, but I prevailed somehow in all attempts.
    • In SS Aqua, for some reason you cannot heal inside your room via interacting one of the beds. This is annoying since you could heal in base Gen 2 and Gen 4 games and hacks.
    • Even though this hack has the levels ported from base GSC and HG/SS, the level curve, especially the Kanto's level curve, may need a lot of work. I remember despite defeating the Pokémon League three times my mons were barely at level 60 by the time I defeated Red's level 70-ish mons and I was forced to cheese the fight. You could also increase the levels of the wild mons of Kanto in general.
    • You cannot fly to the Pokémon Centers near Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel entrances; it was possible on the base FireRed game. This is a big downgrade if you ask me.

Ive read thoroughly and most of the suggestions are very helpful, some of them were are ready planned and this is very well written, thank you
    SSaqua healing is on the lower end of the bed, so be sure not to talk to the pillow
    it aims to recreate gen 2 so level curve is not something we would touch, the same thing goes for those poke centers, they don't even exist in gen 2, so a fly point is not considered

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Is it possible to evolve graveler, kadabra, haunter, and machoke? Also regenerator doesn't seem to work-- are other abilities known to not work?

generator is probably the one ability not working in the current beta, they can be evolved using link cable which can be purchased in either goldenrod or celadon gamecorners. with coins

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Hi. Do you have any plans to make the tilesets and other graphics of the sort publicly available with credit? I think it could be very useful for what I'm trying to make.

not as of now, because fire gold is still under development, and i want to keep my end of the resource closed, at least until the final version release

Days
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    hello, the game is amazing and I would like to know where is squirtle the starter ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    Emerald Exceeded and Quetzal both have a sandbox mode. Would it be possible to implement this in Fire Gold? I don't know much about making roms I would just like to play a Fire Red hack with it and Fire Gold is my favorite one.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Emerald Exceeded and Quetzal both have a sandbox mode. Would it be possible to implement this in Fire Gold? I don't know much about making roms I would just like to play a Fire Red hack with it and Fire Gold is my favorite one.

I doubt that will be possible because Quetzal and Exceeded are hacks that are made using the Emerald Decomp. Fire Gold on the other hand is a Binary hack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'm happy seeing the dev still around. I think although small stuff that think is the one that ensures hack longevity

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    It's and awesome hakc rom!
    And dude, wherer the fuck are the TMs of Sunny Day and Rain Dance?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Doesn't save with RetroArch. Please patch the rom because there's no option in RA to change the save type to 128k flash.

Days
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    So just started playing the game and I noticed that there's two random Master Balls in the Item section of the bag, I can't toss them and whenever I try to deposit them or make a Pokemon hold them to clear them out of the bag they don't go away and I end up with extras, I have no cheats on and used the right Rom while patching so idk what caused it

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • So just started playing the game and I noticed that there's two random Master Balls in the Item section of the bag, I can't toss them and whenever I try to deposit them or make a Pokemon hold them to clear them out of the bag they don't go away and I end up with extras, I have no cheats on and used the right Rom while patching so idk what caused it

Perhaps it could be the emulator that you are using. Generally Myboy or Mgba works well.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i saw in the screenshots that you can get hisuian forms in this game? how do you get them? or evolve original forms into their hisuian forms. Is there a evolution guide

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    I got softlocked. I accidentaly immediately took the boat back to olivine and now i cant go back to kanto because the boat leaves on monday and the date is permanently stuck to sunday

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
  • i saw in the screenshots that you can get hisuian forms in this game? how do you get them? or evolve original forms into their hisuian forms. Is there a evolution guide

You should check out the Discord server of Fire Gold (you can found it in the main post). There are useful information for the game and also the hisuian forms.

Maybe that will be helpful for you

Years
    • Seen today
    Do you think you can make a rombase similar to FireGold? I'm making a rom hack based on Pokemon Silver and SoulSilver. I need some help...

Back