• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
  • Noticed you have the Day Night system, but it looks like you're using an older implementation, which bugs when entering and exiting doors. I remember reading years ago that someone managed to fix the bug.

Check this out:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonROM..._new_daynight_system_for_pokeemerald_will_be/

Not sure if Diego would give you rights to use his implementation though. And its for pokeemerald anyways.

it does look awesome and thank you for linking me there!
    i will keep this in mind!!, I think I wont do it now but I definilty will do it in the future!!

goranthegreat

OMG THIS LIKE BEATS A LOT OF THE OTHER GOLD CRYSTAL HACKS!!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Honestly, i love the music so much. You've done a phenomenal job! Just reached Goldenrod. Thought I'd ask the following:

- If my memory serves right, in Crystal you recieve an egg from the day care which contains either Magby, Elekid or smoochum with a higher chance of being shiny. Do you plan to implement this in a future update?

- Do you have plans of updating the battle backgrounds to make them look more visually pleasing?

- How do traded Pokemon like machoke, Graveller etc evolve?

- Are cross generational evolutions available like Rhyperior, Magnezone, Togekiss, Glaceon etc?

EDIT: I tried to deliver the spearow holding the letter to the chubby guy, but he still keeps talking about taking a snooze.

So you're not fully correct. The Egg can indeed contain Magby, Elekid and Smoochum, but also Igglybuff, Pichu and Cleffa. You're speaking of the Odd Egg, which is only obtainable in the original Japanese games with an event Egg Ticket (and guaranteed 50% chance of a shiny), but in the international Releases, it was made into a gift Egg by the Daycare Couple, with only a 14% chance of being Shiny.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Please i beg. Make a vanilla version. Many ppl are waiting for a vanilla Johto hack.. I mean
    NO New moves or New gen pokemon or variant please!! A standalone patch. We dont want more loquod crystal or buhged roms. Your hack roms are amazing. We Just want things more simple. Please make a vanilla patch and a version that you are planning.
    Vanilla = no New pokemon or forms in gen 3.. But.. With all New features that u planning

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Please i beg. Make a vanilla version. Many ppl are waiting for a vanilla Johto hack.. I mean
    NO New moves or New gen pokemon or variant please!! A standalone patch. We dont want more loquod crystal or buhged roms. Your hack roms are amazing. We Just want things more simple. Please make a vanilla patch and a version that you are planning.
    Vanilla = no New pokemon or forms in gen 3.. But.. With all New features that u planning

everything from not original are gathered in one place in the game right now, so it really is up to the players to decide if they want more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    metal coat, things you need are in the documentation up in discord!

Thanks for your response !
    Also how and from when exactly can I use the Time Capsule ?

I got to Ecruteak and the part where Bill said I can use it by tomorrow but I don't get any option to use it now. The one in Goldenrod just says connecting to other regions

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Thanks for your response !
    Also how and from when exactly can I use the Time Capsule ?

I got to Ecruteak and the part where Bill said I can use it by tomorrow but I don't get any option to use it now. The one in Goldenrod just says connecting to other regions

it didn't say that before, and if you check the machine later in game, you will find something nice

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry' for double posting, i started playing and I'm absolutely in love with how you did the maps, espcially by using the Fire Red base tiles with edits. It actually feels like genuine remake on the GBA. I really request you make a harder difficulty patch for players who would like a challenge, somewhat like how shiny gold did with Shiny Gold X. I hope you take this into consideration!

I second this. This hack looks good but a hard version of it would be awesome.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    everything from not original are gathered in one place in the game right now, so it really is up to the players to decide if they want more.

Too bad. The problem of hack roms today is add many things that dont make part of it.

Years
  • If you can get all 16 badges in this release, I don't think this needs to be in the progressing rom hacks section. I know you said you want to do more in your initial post, but you still pretty much have a finished game for the most part.

Also I just started the hack and I seen that the move sets are different since my Cyndaquil learned Ember at level 6.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • If you can get all 16 badges in this release, I don't think this needs to be in the progressing rom hacks section. I know you said you want to do more in your initial post, but you still pretty much have a finished game for the most part.

Also I just started the hack and I seen that the move sets are different since my Cyndaquil learned Ember at level 6.

I totally send this, it should be in the ROM hack studio section since it's a very lengthy release.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Just got to Ecruteak City.

Loving the big maps and music. Amazed how close this game is to completion. Wont mention any of the big obvious exclusions since you already have a plan to integrate them soon enough. Maybe reach out to SierraInfinity for help with those, they've worked on both binary and decomp to get them in their game.

Tile glitch on water/sand in Cherrygrove City. Can be fixed using 3 layer tile hack made by SierraInfinity I believe.
    Man who walks you over to trainers school walks a little buggy.
    Fishermen before Union cave have incorrect encounter music. Should be same as jugglers?
    Corner water tiles in Union Cave sometimes use incorrect background tile with grass.
    Ladder tile for slowpoke well needs to be set to "staircase" function.
    Both gatehouses entering the Ilex Forest look like they don't lead anywhere.
    Nugget price in underground is bugged.
    Window tiles of houses in Ecruteak overlap with the roof tiles, removing the shadows.
    House leading to Ho-Oh, is a little small considering how large it is inside.
    A lot of custom tiles in general look a little flat, like the trash cans and piles of wood. A little to dark for FireRed style.

Truly amazing progress here! Just a few finishing touches, tackle the low hanging fruit first.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years

well, I posted in release, but they moved my post here so idk.
    and yes I changed moves so it is balanced. also poliwag learned bubble later, so cyndaquill doesn't get one shot.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Just got to Ecruteak City.

Loving the big maps and music. Amazed how close this game is to completion. Wont mention any of the big obvious exclusions since you already have a plan to integrate them soon enough. Maybe reach out to SierraInfinity for help with those, they've worked on both binary and decomp to get them in their game.

Tile glitch on water/sand in Cherrygrove City. Can be fixed using 3 layer tile hack made by SierraInfinity I believe.
    Man who walks you over to trainers school walks a little buggy.
    Fishermen before Union cave have incorrect encounter music. Should be same as jugglers?
    Corner water tiles in Union Cave sometimes use incorrect background tile with grass.
    Ladder tile for slowpoke well needs to be set to "staircase" function.
    Both gatehouses entering the Ilex Forest look like they don't lead anywhere.
    Nugget price in underground is bugged.
    Window tiles of houses in Ecruteak overlap with the roof tiles, removing the shadows.
    House leading to Ho-Oh, is a little small considering how large it is inside.
    A lot of custom tiles in general look a little flat, like the trash cans and piles of wood. A little to dark for FireRed style.

Truly amazing progress here! Just a few finishing touches, tackle the low hanging fruit first.

can you actually post and explain a bit in the discord group, I feel like you incested a lot!
    the guy walking you to trainer school swirls as he walks,ecruteak window is not a bug but lack in good art form. i love the art suggestions, post them in discord!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Please i beg. Make a vanilla version. Many ppl are waiting for a vanilla Johto hack.. I mean

Just play ShinyGold (hacksrepairman's version) or wait for CrystalDust.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    can you actually post and explain a bit in the discord group, I feel like you incested a lot!
    the guy walking you to trainer school swirls as he walks,ecruteak window is not a bug but lack in good art form. i love the art suggestions, post them in discord!
    First, good job with the ROM hack. Also, will you release any future patches for bugfixes? In the short time that I have played this, I noticed at least a few "anomalies", such as Prof. Elm using a 📋 as a 🖥️ and the southern most house in New Bark Town labelled "Lyra's house" even when playing as Lyra. Additionally, the OW sprite for the old man from the catching tutorial doesn't match his back sprite, the "tour guide" in Cherrygrove City doesn't keep pace with the player(intentional, perhaps?), the character sprites at the introduction screen have some kind of graphical glitch where they kinda "glimmer"-- for lack of a better term -- when they transition to their OW sprites. And speaking of sprites, Lyra's sprite ,in the intro, has a blue outline over its torso, whereas Ethan's sprite is just fine. Lastly, if possible, the OW sprites of Ethan/Lyra could use a bit more tweaking. Sorry if this is TL and again, your ROM hack is good. Keep it up! 👍

Back