• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

Derlo

Tired....
Years
hello
Anyone know how special 0x7e, the Jpan done to his engine, it works properly?

when just insert the special routine with the program that he did, the rom freezes.

Edit: Fixed

I managed to adjust his routine ... the problems were:
The tool that Jpan did, was not entering the routine in ROM. and when inserted manually, there was buggy characters ... had to manually rewrite the routine and test in another rom(squirrels). That's when it worked correctly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
hey guys i need hel in changes player overworld but i am having one problem is that i dont know from where i get the value of new overworld to whom i cange player overworld

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 20, 2015
I apologize for what may seem like necroposting, or whatever it is called, but it seems that these attachments no longer work. It also seems like there aren't any alternative ways to download JPAN's engine (I checked). All in all, it's pretty unfortunate.

If someone could possibly re-upload the whole thing… that would be pretty great.

Last edited:

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
I apologize for what may seem like necroposting, or whatever it is called, but it seems that these attachments no longer work. It also seems like there aren't any alternative ways to download JPAN's engine (I checked). All in all, it's pretty unfortunate.

If someone could possibly re-upload the whole thing… that would be pretty great.

So apparently they are dead... here's a link to them (I'll try to keep these alive as long as I can):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JVUpHMmKl7NENtNENGeHVQQUE/view?usp=sharing

If you have questions about the functions of it, or need some examples, try this (haven't updated with every command, but do have most):

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336462

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
Is there any way to know what flags and vars are safe to use in JPAN's engine?

I believe all the usual flags should work fine (0x1200 & above) as well as I the flags used for the daycare (I may be mistaken here),
but there isn't really a known amount of flags that we can use for the engine.

EDIT: you could also use the tool applier to manually select flags so you have a bigger scope of what you can use, though the tool has a fair amount of issues where it doesn't even apply some of the hacks.

Years
It seems the hack messed up some of the commands like applymovement, checktrainerflag, spritebehave, can anyone confirm this issue?
Is it because I've got the wrong version of the rom? I know it is BPRE but I don't know if it is v1.0

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
It seems the hack messed up some of the commands like applymovement, checktrainerflag, spritebehave, can anyone confirm this issue?
Is it because I've got the wrong version of the rom? I know it is BPRE but I don't know if it is v1.0

To check your ROM version, run it in an emulator. If on the Gamefreak logo screen, it says GAMEFREAK PRESENTS then you have version 1.1. if it doesn't say PRESENTS, then you have version 1.0.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
I'm using Jpan HE and I'm having some problems with routine WalkingScripts.
In the manual, the Jpan reports that some scripts are high-priority, such as: green Scripts in AMAP or routine that hatch eggs ....
But I saw that one of the main, do not have this priority, which is the routine of wild Pokemon.
If you have enabled WalkingScripts when you walk on the grass or any other tile with pokemon appearance, the pokemon does not appear even if you have a rate of 100%. but if you change the side where the player is looking, the Pokemon appear.

My question is: Does anyone know how to change the priority for the routine that loads the wild pokemon is loaded before WalkinScripts routine?

Back