• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    I've been playing the game (in extreme mode) and I'm enjoying it a lot! I'm currently at 5 badges, and the difficulty is the best I've seen in any pokémon game (nuzlockes included), I like how you can't use items in battle, it makes you think more strategically. Having the physical/special split is also really cool. And I can't wait to get to Johto.

I've encountered one bug so far: in Saffron City there's a house to the left of Sylph Co. where a girl says something like "don't read my letter" and when you go, well, read the letter the game freezes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    A possible suggestion- Perhaps an NPC in the Goldenrod Flower Shop that sells the EV lowering Berries. I could adjust my clock and go pick them myself, but I'm kinda lazy like that. Plus I cant remember where all those Berry trees are.

I'll have to add their gen vi+ effects in first, which is a good idea, but the Berry Master on Route 30 sells all the berries available in the game so far so I'll be adding them to his repertoire. Good suggestion :)
    Btw, time isn't a mechanic in this game; the berry trees work off a pedometer. (Planning on updating this at some point as it currently uses the same one as the Vs. Seeker and I believe there's another I can use.)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I've been playing the game (in extreme mode) and I'm enjoying it a lot! I'm currently at 5 badges, and the difficulty is the best I've seen in any pokémon game (nuzlockes included), I like how you can't use items in battle, it makes you think more strategically. Having the physical/special split is also really cool. And I can't wait to get to Johto.

I've encountered one bug so far: in Saffron City there's a house to the left of Sylph Co. where a girl says something like "don't read my letter" and when you go, well, read the letter the game freezes.

Really kind words!
    Thanks so much, I hope you'll find Johto even more challenging/enjoyable as it really ramps things up.
    Having a look here, it seems there is no script attested to the letter (I guess you should have taken her advice ;p) so it's a simple enough fix. Thanks for spotting it!

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It has a 50% chance of having Static or Lightningrod.

i know u said its 50/50, but second abillity is comming always first... i need a nidoran with poison point, i caught 6 of them, and all came with rivarly...

the idea is, stay the original one first, and second a bit more harder... like original games

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    i know u said its 50/50, but second abillity is comming always first... i need a nidoran with poison point, i caught 6 of them, and all came with rivarly...

the idea is, stay the original one first, and second a bit more harder... like original games

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, but it appears you're just getting very unlucky.
    I've tested it and found both abilities on each, and I have not altered the frequency in which different abilities can appear. What's more, Lightningrod on Pikachu is ability slot 1, and Rivalry on Nidoran is ability slot 2, so it does not appear to be any kind of bug.

My best advice to you is perhaps to use the emulator's speed up and quick save features to speed up the process of finding the correct ability without wasting pokéballs.
    Best of luck finding your ideal Pokemon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, but it appears you're just getting very unlucky.
    I've tested it and found both abilities on each, and I have not altered the frequency in which different abilities can appear. What's more, Lightningrod on Pikachu is ability slot 1, and Rivalry on Nidoran is ability slot 2, so it does not appear to be any kind of bug.

My best advice to you is perhaps to use the emulator's speed up and quick save features to speed up the process of finding the correct ability without wasting pokéballs.
    Best of luck finding your ideal Pokemon.

Another thought; for Pikachu, you can check what ability it has before being caught by using Thundershock from one of your current Pikachu and see if it activates Lightning rod.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    In regards to my Berry idea, I realized I made a mixup. I confused this ROM hack with another that I had played recently, GS Chronicles. XD

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Can u pls post how to evolve pokemons like haunter tô gengar.. And pokemons that need itens to trade etc? I tried to search but not found.

Years
    Can u pls post how to evolve pokemons like haunter tô gengar.. And pokemons that need itens to trade etc? I tried to search but not found.

You can find a link of Pokédex of this hack at the first post in this thread.

According to that, Haunter evolve to Gengar at 40lv.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Well it better have fixed fly spots since you refuse to send me the offsets.

Strange, I thought I'd sent you the sheet but it doesn't appear to have gone through. I'll send it across now.

As a side-note, I'd like to advise you against making demands.
    I'm under no obligation to follow your instructions, and any requests I fulfil are simply done so as favours.
    This is a busy time of year for most people, but it is also a time for kindness.
    Merry Christmas.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Aye, just wanted to ask if the latest version has Johto music added to the Johto region! Thank you!

Not yet I'm afraid, I haven't had the time to get my head around it. I would still like to include it, but it will probably be a case of getting some outside help once I pick things up again.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Really sad you changed celadon cassino tms for itens... Those can be taken in johto. The celadon cassino tms are really important in mid game.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Really sad you changed celadon cassino tms for itens... Those can be taken in johto. The celadon cassino tms are really important in mid game.

It's a shame you feel like that. Nevertheless, reusable TMs are poor game corner prizes. There is no need to have more than one. Better to spread them out across the whole game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Hi there, just started playing FireGold and I have some questions regarding evolutions.

How do you evolve:

eevee —> Umbreon
    Poliwhirl —> Politoed

And where can you get a sun stone?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hi there, just started playing FireGold and I have some questions regarding evolutions.

How do you evolve:

eevee —> Umbreon
    Poliwhirl —> Politoed

And where can you get a sun stone?

Hi!
    Eevee evolves into Umbreon using a Moon Stone, and Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed by happiness. Just note that you will need to unlock the National Dex before these evolutions are possible.
    Sun Stones are on sale in Goldenrod Dept. Store, along with Moon Stones.
    If you need any more info on evolutions, try checking out the Pokédex spreadsheet.
    Hope you enjoy the game!

Back