• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed 2 (Alpha 1.2.1 now out)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen today
    Do you take suggestions for giving Pokemon different abilities? If yes, then I'd like to suggest:

Sandshrew, Sandslash (Hyper Cutter)
    Vulpix, Ninetales (Drought)
    Grimer, Muk (Water Absorb)
    Houndour, Houndoom (Intimidate)
    Tyranitar (Intimidate)

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Do you take suggestions for giving Pokemon different abilities? If yes, then I'd like to suggest:

Sandshrew, Sandslash (Hyper Cutter)
    Vulpix, Ninetales (Drought)
    Grimer, Muk (Water Absorb)
    Houndour, Houndoom (Intimidate)
    Tyranitar (Intimidate)
    Yes I take suggestions :)
    Those sound good.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hi. I've been thinking about making some evolutions and pre evolutions for some Pokemon, but I know some people don't like Fakemon. So, I wanted to know what all of you think about it.
    This Pokemon evolves into Qwilfish. Before I give Qwilfish an evolution, I want to know if you want Fakemon like these. If you do, It will only be Fakemon that evolve to/from Pokemon that already exist.
    Puffish.png

idMaK2t.png

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen today
    I don't think Qwilfish needs a pre-evolution. It already looks like an unevolved Pokemon by itself. But I wouldn't mind to see new evolutions for already existing Pokemon.

Additionally, you could make Kangaskhan's baby its own Pokemon, and maybe a baby cow Pokemon that evolves into Tauros or Miltank depending on gender.

Years
  • WOW, kanto is my favorite region and you're doing something what I want from long time!
    You're hack is great, thanks for working on Pokemon Fire red 2. ;-)

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hi.. The next download for the hack is going to be Alpha 1.2.1 (Not 1.3) and you'll be able to get it soon. Alpha 1.2.1 will have Berry Trees added to some Routes. To start picking Berries, you'll need to get the Wailmer Pail from the Flower Shop in Celadon City. Then you can go to any Berry Tree, water the tree, and then pick the berries. The berries will start to grow back. After you beat the Elite Four and Champion, the Berries will be back, ready to be picked again, but you can't get to the Pokemon League yet, so you'll just have to wait until you can.
    0MM9wfX.png

I deleted the girl in Celadon City who gives you a Togepi. Instead, there will be a lady in Viridian City behind the Pokemon Center who finds a Mystery Egg. The Egg has a Togepi in it (It's not really a mystery anymore..) so if you already have a Togepi from the Celadon City girl, you can have two Togepi!
    eg.png

The girl (Leaf/Blue/Green) gets a new sprite for the Trainer Card.
    unknown.png

In Alpha 1.2.1, your room will have a radio, which you can play different songs with. There's not a lot of them, only eight. You can use this "radio" by talking to the NES in your room in front of the TV.
    unknown.png

Also, Headbutt trees. There's a fat guy near the Sudowoodo place you can talk to after battling Sudowoodo. He'll teach you how to Headbutt.
    GIF.gif

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 6, 2021
    This is quality work. I've always wanted to play a revamped version of FR/LG. You're actually making sensible changes and additions, and the game just looks great. I really hope this project won't die.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • In Alpha 1.2.1, you'll be able to get a room in the Celadon Hotel. You can change furniture too, but it's not like how you think it is :( . It won't stay the way you made it if you leave the room.
    You'll only be able to change the type of table in the room, the plants, and the colors of the chairs and carpets.
    You can remove certain things from the room too, or if you want, just clear the whole room!
    Watch the whole gif:
    GIF.gif

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Just wanted to say that this looks really cool, I started playing Pokemon from gen 3 as a child but missed out on the gen remakes for some reason. I'd love to play this but how do I patch this? Do I use l use Lunar IPS like with GBA roms or is it something else? Ty in advance

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Just wanted to say that this looks really cool, I started playing Pokemon from gen 3 as a child but missed out on the gen remakes for some reason. I'd love to play this but how do I patch this? Do I use l use Lunar IPS like with GBA roms or is it something else? Ty in advance

You use Lunar IPS.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Ah ty I just realised this isn't even a ds rom hack but I'm still gonna play :P

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    I was looking for ds rom hacks at the time and I guess I thought it was one.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hi. Sorry about not posting here for a long time :(
    I hope this isnt the wrong patch
    Here's Alpha 1.2.1. It's the last one because I'm not going to be working on the hack anymore, but if I do ever want to hack FireRed 2 again, I'll start over.
    If you find any bugs, I might fix them and release another version with bug fixes. (But if I do that, I might even feel like continuing it again! :D )

Alpha 1.2.1

Changes:
    You can get a room in the Celadon Hotel and decorate it. You can turn off the lights too, use the PC that's usually at your house, and just.. sit on a couch. On the TV, you can watch the old man catch his Weedle. You can remove decorations from your room too. Don't want a table? You can remove it! You can clear the entire room too, if you want.
    I was going to add a thing that lets you look out the window and see stuff, but I didn't. I wanted to give some NPCs their own rooms too, that you could visit, that never happened. If you see some doors inside the Celadon Hotel, they go nowhere, BUT I think the maps are in the game, so you can look at them if you want. :)
    The Game Corner machines can't be played even when you have a Coin Case :( There's probably a flag somewhere.
    Decoration Items:
    Glass Table, Wood Table, Blue Table 1, Blue Table 2, Metal Table
    Blue Cushion, Yellow Cushion
    Red Carpet, Blue Carpet, Green Carpet
    Sink, Refrigerator
    Spiky Tree, Fancy Tree, Palm Tree, Raff Tree, Nana Tree, Pitch Tree
    Lapras/Snorlax Doll, Clefairy Doll, Jigglypuff Doll, Psyduck Doll, Pikachu/Slowpoke/Meowth Doll

There's an Oran Berry tree on Route 1 (doesn't grow back). To get the Oran Berries, you need to have the Wailmer Pail from Professor Oak after Celadon City.

You can now Headbutt trees. You don't need to teach your Pokemon headbutt, you use your own head. :p
    There's a guy after you catch/faint Sudowoodo who teaches you how to headbutt. Only SOME trees can be Headbutted.

Leaf has a new sprite on her trainer card. Now, she wears no hat.

You have a radio in your room that can play different songs.

You can get a Togepi Egg from a woman behind Viridian City's Pokemon Center.

Day and Night have been added to the hack.

Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Grimer, Muk, Houndour, Houndoom, and Tyranitar now have new abilities like the ones that got abilities in Alpha 1.2.

i9dULcz.png

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hey, I know 1.2.1 just came out (I really just forgot to release it), but Alpha 2 will be coming soon.. Actually maybe it'll be a beta. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm calling it beta, because that sounds right. (Yay, I'm continuing the hack!) When I'm finished with this, this post will be edited to have the download link, or I'll just make a new post.

Already started working on this and did some stuff:
    Beta 1.0
    This will mostly be a bug fix update. Here's some stuff that will be fixed:

The levels of the trainers in Celadon City's Gym will be fixed, because right now, it's the first gym and they have Pokemon in the 20s. Some trainers teams will have different Pokemon too.
    Erika's Gym Battle will be a Double Battle and she will have 6 Pokemon. The Leader Trainer Class will be changed to Gym Leader.
    I forgot if I fixed Munchlax being a Mightyena with a Munchlax sprite, but if I haven't I'll fix that.
    More Berry trees! You'll get to pick different berries. They'll grow back after beating the Pokemon League.
    I will fix the stairs in the Celadon Hotel. I will also add the stuff I said I wanted to add to the hotel and never did, and maybe add more decorations.
    Maybe I will fix Oak walking through stuff when taking you to his lab.
    Saffron City's Gym will be a school like I wanted it to be.
    Instead of getting Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan in Saffron City, you'll get Tyrogue.
    You will be able to go to part of Johto soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Dec 4, 2019
    ,, This is the last download because I stopped working on this hack. I won't do anything else with the hack or fix any bugs.,, So u stop working on this hack or no? ,,I'm working on it again!,,
    i'm confused ;/

Back