• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    theres a shop in the team rocket hideout???

Yes, after the first mission is completed, there's a small shop on the 2nd floor of the Rocket Hideout, and it is run by a Rocket, so no matter what your bounty is, you can always shop there. Problem is, he only sells some of the bitter medicinal herbs, which are a parody on street drugs(I assume). But if you have cheats that let you alter the first item in the shop's inventory, it will work in that shop as well

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    This hack has the best writing of any rom hack I have ever seen. Even better than adventures red, plot-wise.

You're a very good writer and I love the intricate plot you've weaved from the canon, theories, and your own ideas.

This feels like what the actual original storyline should've been like through the eyes of team rocket.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Sat down yesterday and played through the whole thing in one go; ruddy excellent! Especially love the writing, cannot wait for an update! ^_^

Memth4890

Des4890
    Years
  • This hack has the best writing of any rom hack I have ever seen. Even better than adventures red, plot-wise.

You're a very good writer and I love the intricate plot you've weaved from the canon, theories, and your own ideas.

This feels like what the actual original storyline should've been like through the eyes of team rocket.

Exactly :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2019
    This was an amazing hack. I loved every second of it, when do you think the next part will come? Would it be this fall, as that's a pattern I've noticed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    One of the best games i played i just wished it was longer only took a night to get to the end of the beta can't wait til next update

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    After being promoted to Admin my in-battle trainer graphic is now... well... this:

Screen_Shot_2018_04_22_at_10_36_01_PM.png

Is there any way to resolve this? I'm assuming what I'm experiencing isn't normal.

EDIT: Appears to be related to mGBA. Loaded my patched rom file and save file into VBA-M and it seems to work fine.

Last edited:

Memth4890

Des4890
    Years
  • After being promoted to Admin my in-battle trainer graphic is now... well... this:

Screen_Shot_2018_04_22_at_10_36_01_PM.png

Is there any way to resolve this? I'm assuming what I'm experiencing isn't normal.

EDIT: Appears to be related to mGBA. Loaded my patched rom file and save file into VBA-M and it seems to work fine.

Weird. Tho at least its something i guess? for me it was just an empty space lol

Years
  • guys let me know one thing: but when it comes out a new beta, I can combine it with the old one or you have to wait but beta is complete, because I tried to insert the last beta with the old one, but after a couple of minutes it stopped all (and I also noticed that all the sprites of the game had disappeared, practically I wandered alone through the streets of kanto): /

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2019
    Hey there, I specifically made an account to post about this game. It's phenomenal. One problem I'm having is that passing my cursor over the "Cell Phone" item in my Key Items pouch causes the game to freeze. No further input is possible and the music continues to play, but all animation stops.

The game that I am playing is one I turned into a .cia file so that I could get it to work on my 3DS, as running it through a 3DS-based GBA emulator simply crashed it.

My Pidgeotto also, when flying, is invulnerable to all moves including sure-hit ones such as Swift. I have also been in a fight where the enemy's use of Substitution resulted in it taking all damage for both pokemon.

These are the only glitches I've had so far, all in all very minute things except for the flashlight.

The writing in this game easily makes it my favorite pokemon game I've ever played. I thoroughly enjoyed feeling the burn, for instance,
    Spoiler:
    So many game creators could learn from your example. Everyone is too scared nowadays to hold the player accountable for their actions or to let them fail at anything.

I could go on about what I love about the game, but it would honestly just turn into a full walkthrough. The game's stellar, and is something I plan to have as part of my archives for the foreseeable future. Thank you for writing this and thank you especially for sharing it. Good stuff.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2018
    Just become an administrator & my trainer sprite when I enter a pokemon battle looks like missingnome (that glitch pokemon). Why?

Back