• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2022
    Please help, I'm at Celadon dept. Store and they won't let me buy evolution stones! I don't know why, earlier when I talked to clerks, they'd let me buy but now they won't? Is my bounty too high? I have a Pikachu, Vulpix, and Gloom I need to evolve. :( do I have to restart my game and buy the stones early? I really don't want to have to do that...

The GameGenie cheat codes work on this hack! I got unlimited evolution stones, rare candies and master balls, lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2019
    I'm new here and wondering can you evolve kadabra without trading between roms

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    nice rom so far. any chance of a version that has the game play as normal till nugget bridge and then you can chose to join team R when the guy asks (or say no for the game to go as normal)

i like this rom so far. i dont know were to go to report bugs so i will just do it here:the lass in mt moon (by the sign about the zubat) did not let me steal her pokemon (i had space in my party) was this a oversite or something you meant to do? (im still a grunt but the "lass' " should be able to be robbed cause they are kids)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    i beat red lol (thanks lv 26 dratini (28 now) and thanks red for all the money (you sore loser lol)

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    is petril seposed to slap me for all time if i tell him that i did not see what red looked like? cause its a good thing i made a save state cause otherwise i would be getting slapped till the end of time

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    there is a typo in petrils speech after you tell him yes to seeing red: he says aorund (the word is around) also when i leave the game corner after talking to the boss the green haird grunt says we're going steal (there should be a "to" bewteen "going" and "steal")

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    when i use the move dragon tail and one hit ko the pokemon its sprite stays on screen even when the next pokemon comes out

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I'm new here and wondering can you evolve kadabra without trading between roms

no. sadly you will need a rom that is made to let you not need to trade (pokemon ultra violet comes to mind) or use a randomizer to make it so you dont need to trade for normal pokemon games (base roms that is the same game as retail copys)

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2020
    no. sadly you will need a rom that is made to let you not need to trade (pokemon ultra violet comes to mind) or use a randomizer to make it so you dont need to trade for normal pokemon games (base roms that is the same game as retail copys)

Actually, all the trade evolutions have been given level up evolutions. For instance, my Graveler evolved at LV40 and my Seadra evolved at LV50.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2019
    Great, GREAT hack rom. I loved it far more than expected, and now it's my favorite one. In fact I had to make a forum account just to say how much I loved it. I do really wait for the next version; really hoping that the last one have some form of final event, like the Pokémon tower or something similar. I would really love to have something that, giving me a reason to still train/play even after I finish the main story. 10/10, GREAT JOB.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Where does everyone go to get the Pokemon-FireRed V1.0 ROM and Emulators? I watched a Youtuber play and now i would like to play it my self.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
    Years
  • Where does everyone go to get the Pokemon-FireRed V1.0 ROM and Emulators? I watched a Youtuber play and now i would like to play it my self.

Thats a big oof right there. General rule of thumb no matter where you are is do not ask where to get vanilla roms. It is illegal to distribute them. You will just have to do some searching like anyone else.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2023
    So I just finished the main game and all of the side quests (including catching mew) and Now that I robbed the poke mart and redeem my rewards is there any reason for me to increase it or should I start to bribe my bounty back down to 0 for Some of the good stuff (Exp. Share, lucky egg, etc.) Just asking Incase I want to train up pokemon to replace my team in the later future a lot easier.

Last edited:

DarkHerald

Darkness, My Sanctuary
    Years
  • so I have been playing this game, and so far I truly love it. Only I can't save the game. I save it through files from the gba, but whenever I push on save, it says I already have a save file and I get an error?

I know the issue here. You have the incorrect save type going on in your emulator. Unfortunately, to fix this the save you have must be deleted.

However, there is a way to keep you save file and hard save any future Firered Roms as well as Emerald ones.

STEPS:
    Step 1: Create a new folder (can be titled anything, for ease fo access during these steps, I'd put it on your desktop)
    Step 2: Move the emulator, the rom (the one that is patched), and the .sgm file (in order to get this, either make a save state or hard save in the FILE section of the Emulator)
    Step 3: Open the rom with the save file booted up and go into Options -> Emulator -> Save Type. Select Flash 128K.
    Step 4: Go into Tools -> Memory Viewer. In the upper right you have a search bar. Type in 3005004. The VERY first 00 you see needs to be changed to 01. (ex. 00 00 00 00 2C 55 -> 01 00 00 00 2C 55).
    Step 5: Press SAVE in game and you should be good.

I hope this helps everyone that may be having issues with this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    So I played one of the older beta versions of this a long time ago (didn't make it much further than Mt. Moon IIRC), and I decided to jump back in since it's been updated quite a bit since then. Not even an hour in, and I think I have the worst possible luck:

https://imgur.com/qNCkwP1

(Shiny Geodude in the middle of Mt. Moon, with no way I could even hope to have Pokeballs at this point)

*Alcor*

The Wonderful One
    Years
  • Hey just finished the new beta (liked the way you were told it was the end) Very good hack overall. Loved everything trying to go full villain route, pretty nice. The mart mini mission was funny, like that power is locked behind behaving yourself. (Wish it was more specific on how much longer you had to be good for). Would definitely like the next beta to be able just to patch over 3.0 do I don't have to start over. (wouldn't mind it though) Really good overall (hm fly face Sprite/town map bit of a spoiler) Take your time quality you have a lot of quality/quantity already. looking forward to completion do you have an estimate?

Last edited:
    Back