• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't mind being beta tester, do we sign up here or on discord

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • good luck on the final release colonelsalt. i wish you luck for the next release to go as smoothly as possible.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Hey all! A little Christmas update as final release nears...

Thanks to everyone for your kind words in between updates! I'm not joking when I say they are extremely motivating in getting me to push out the full hack as fast as possible.

If you're not signed up for the Rocket Edition Discord, you won't have missed much in the last couple of months, but the updates I've posted (aside from weekly development time reports) are:

• Some pieces of upcoming "mystery dialogue" from the next release: Part 1 & Part 2.
    • A cute GIF:
    Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

I also forgot to mention in my last post that Rocket Edition makes a tiny cameo in the next release of Pokémon Clover on a city billboard :D

(kektacular art by Brolunite)

As to a potential release schedule for the final game...
    There is only roughly 30 minutes worth of story gameplay left to finish. (Bear in mind that this a novel and script-heavy last half hour and will take longer than normal.) Afterwards there are a heap of tiny things that need to be adjusted (graphical tweaks, non-important NPC scripts, bug fixing, balancing trainer levels, etc.)... but the end is definitely in sight.

If you press me I might say you can expect the game to be out within a month's time, but that's an educated guess, not a promise (if something big comes up between then and now it might be a little longer).

So... this would be a good time to note that I'll be looking for beta testers for the final release of the game. If you sign up, I'll send you a patch of the game a few days before official release time and have you play through it many times trying to break it, and reporting all bugs you find back to me. Have a think about that, and I'll take applications in a few weeks.
    (Of course, If you want to take your time and enjoy the final game (and not get stuck by a game-breaking bug), I recommend you don't apply.)

Thanks again for the support, and sorry for the long wait. Will be back with more info about beta testing and a more definite release schedule soon. ;)

Well this sure put a huge smile on my face. Can't wait to see what the full version has in store, think I'm gonna start fresh instead of continuing off my save file :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Like a lot of people i made an account just to compliment this masterpieace of a hack.really disappointed in myself for finding this rom hack so late but at the same time really thankful since now i dont have to wait much longer it seems.thank you colonelsalt for bestowing this hack upon us

Also will houndour be accesible?
    Im doing something where im only gonna use pokemon that team rocket use and houndour is the only dark type mon they use.

Izack mooij

FireRed Rocket Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Finished side missions just waiting on final release love the series love to see more of this in the future

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2022
    Hey all! A little Christmas update as final release nears...

Thanks to everyone for your kind words in between updates! I'm not joking when I say they are extremely motivating in getting me to push out the full hack as fast as possible.

If you're not signed up for the Rocket Edition Discord, you won't have missed much in the last couple of months, but the updates I've posted (aside from weekly development time reports) are:

• Some pieces of upcoming "mystery dialogue" from the next release: Part 1 & Part 2.
    • A cute GIF:

I also forgot to mention in my last post that Rocket Edition makes a tiny cameo in the next release of Pokémon Clover on a city billboard :D

(kektacular art by Brolunite)

As to a potential release schedule for the final game...
    There is only roughly 30 minutes worth of story gameplay left to finish. (Bear in mind that this a novel and script-heavy last half hour and will take longer than normal.) Afterwards there are a heap of tiny things that need to be adjusted (graphical tweaks, non-important NPC scripts, bug fixing, balancing trainer levels, etc.)... but the end is definitely in sight.

If you press me I might say you can expect the game to be out within a month's time, but that's an educated guess, not a promise (if something big comes up between then and now it might be a little longer).

So... this would be a good time to note that I'll be looking for beta testers for the final release of the game. If you sign up, I'll send you a patch of the game a few days before official release time and have you play through it many times trying to break it, and reporting all bugs you find back to me. Have a think about that, and I'll take applications in a few weeks.
    (Of course, If you want to take your time and enjoy the final game (and not get stuck by a game-breaking bug), I recommend you don't apply.)

Thanks again for the support, and sorry for the long wait. Will be back with more info about beta testing and a more definite release schedule soon. ;)

Sorry for asking here. I can't use discord so...

Can i teach crunch to my arcanine? I feel it is a perfect replacement for bite which I haven't been able to get rid of.

Thanks for the hack. Is seriously one of the best I've played.

Izack mooij

FireRed Rocket Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry for asking here. I can't use discord so...

Can i teach crunch to my arcanine? I feel it is a perfect replacement for bite which I haven't been able to get rid of.

Thanks for the hack. Is seriously one of the best I've played.

I believe you can teach Arcanine crunch and crunch lot better then bite my opinion

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    How do I get to Vermillion to talk to Surge? All the exits out of Saffron and Cerulean are blocked .

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    How do I get to Vermillion to talk to Surge? All the exits out of Saffron and Cerulean are blocked .

iirc you gotta search for someone providing some kinda snack, cinnamon or some type of thing like that, when ya get it you give it to the guard setting up the events for why they end up needing a drink pretty badly with how it dries their throat out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    Thanks! I figured it out. It was just that I forgot the Steroids from the Scientist.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    Does anyone know what level Pikachu learns Thunderbolt in this? I don't know which gens learnset this uses since it seems to have updated moves. Also I just wanna say I love this a lot and can't wait for it's completion! This is for sure my favorite PKMN fan game since Uranium!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    The hacks features include gen 6 style mechanics
    Its likely pikachu has its gen 6 learnset though im not entirely sure but my pokemon has so far followed their gen 6 learnsets.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2020
    Just when I was about to get hyped up... The beta ends! I can't wait for what you have next!

I would greatly recommend playing this, it's a ton of fun!

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Hey-ho all (and happy Brexit); thanks very much for your patience as I finish up the final release.

Much like just before releasing the last beta, I find myself at odds with Hofstadter's Law. Despite hoarding progress screenshots for fear of spoiling plot developments, you may be happy to find the final credits sequence is coming along nicely...

To the many who have PMed me already wanting to beta test the final release: I'll be posting proper instructions on how to apply for that in just a little while (I'm not accepting or rejecting anyone yet, but appreciate the interest!).

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey-ho all (and happy Brexit); thanks very much for your patience as I finish up the final release.

Much like just before releasing the last beta, I find myself at odds with Hofstadter's Law. Despite hoarding progress screenshots for fear of spoiling plot developments, you may be happy to find the final credits sequence is coming along nicely...

To the many who have PMed me already wanting to beta test the final release: I'll be posting proper instructions on how to apply for that in just a little while (I'm not accepting or rejecting anyone yet, but appreciate the interest!).

Oh my gosh! That's great news to hear! I'm so excited already! I had so much fun playing through previous beta. This is one back that's definitely going to shake the community with its quality! Cheers to you my dude!

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen yesterday
    Will our current saves be compatible with the next release?

Back