• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
  • hey guys, love the game...
    got 2 questions tho....

1. does the game end after you beat alien Red and Prof. Elm at the league or is there more?

2. i am getting this problem when i start the game and when i try to save ingame (look at screenshots)

EDIT:
    i tried posting the screenshots, but they dont show up, so here's just the direct links to them:

https://imgur.com/fgz8iYW

https://imgur.com/UnNzT5m

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    got 2 questions tho....

1. does the game end after you beat alien Red and Prof. Elm at the league or is there more?

2. i am getting this problem when i start the game and when i try to save ingame (look at screenshots)

1. To begin with, it's Prof. Oak not Elm. The only postgame content of this hack is unfinished side quests, which includes the Gym Leaders battles which can be done before and after the credits and Gen 1 Legendaries

2. Change your save type to Automatic and Flash 128K and delete the previous savefile so the save type can work properly

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Hey guys,

I love this game it feels different idk why I've been playing for hours without getting bored,
    but there's a detail I couldn't avoid but notice that after hours of grinding to beat Red, my game started to behave weird in battles.
    Let me explain...

When I get into a battle:
    All attacks from me and my enemy are critical hits with 100% accuracy
    Paralyze becomes permanent
    Sleeping lasts one turn
    Burn and Poison remain the same
    I'm prettty sure Freeze becomes permanent too
    Abilities like Static trigger instantly

Not only that but:
    All the pokemon I steal turn into female with Hardy nature
    All the wild pokemon are females, with same nature
    They don't appear randomly but instead only one species appear per bush/cave unless I go to a specific place where other species appear with a slightly level increase

At first I thought it was some sort of difficulty increase since all my team is overleveled, I tried fixing it by saving and resetting but it doesn't make any difference... do you guys know how to fix this or if it is in fact a hard mode or something?

That sounds like a bug, any idea what do you think that caused this? Did you use any cheat codes

Years
  • 1. To begin with, it's Prof. Oak not Elm. The only postgame content of this hack is unfinished side quests, which includes the Gym Leaders battles which can be done before and after the credits and Gen 1 Legendaries

2. Change your save type to Automatic and Flash 128K and delete the previous savefile so the save type can work properly

Ouch, so i'll have to restart the game if i can't use my previous savefile?? :/

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    this game its just perfect but can we saved after the end?
    I've lost my game because I can't save my game other than save by emulator.
    sorry for my bad english guys and thanks

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    this game its just perfect but can we saved after the end?
    I've lost my game because I can't save my game other than save by emulator.
    sorry for my bad english guys and thanks

Yeah saving is possible, you most likely have Flash 64K save type and can't progress to the postgame
    For future games change the save type to Flash 128K to not have the same issue

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Greedl
    If you're on a PC you could try this. It works for Fire Red, not sure whether it works for this ROM hack, but it's probably worth a try;)
    Otherwise, yes you probably have to start over with the correct save type.

For any other ROM Hack you might play in the future, make sure the in-game save function works as well. At places where the game is forced to save, like the Pokemon League or before trading, the game will crash if the in-game saves don't work.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Yeah saving is possible, you most likely have Flash 64K save type and can't progress to the postgame
    For future games change the save type to Flash 128K to not have the same issue

@Greedl
    If you're on a PC you could try this. It works for Fire Red, not sure whether it works for this ROM hack, but it's probably worth a try;)
    Otherwise, yes you probably have to start over with the correct save type.

For any other ROM Hack you might play in the future, make sure the in-game save function works as well. At places where the game is forced to save, like the Pokemon League or before trading, the game will crash if the in-game saves don't work.

thanks for your help its work

Memth4890

Des4890
    Years
  • There are several other Rocket hacks and I wouldn't have my hopes high for a sequel of this game

i dont have any either tbh but since it ends on such a cliff hanger and games with cliff hangers with that not all the time get sequels. one can hope since i feel it was the best rocket hack yet

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Loved it
    but i got to the point where i faced off mewto and need to go to talk to the old guy.
    he told me to go to Cinnabar Island to capture pokemon but the game glitche and
    i cant do anything.
    is that it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Loved it
    but i got to the point where i faced off mewto and need to go to talk to the old guy.
    he told me to go to Cinnabar Island to capture pokemon but the game glitche and
    i cant do anything.
    is that it?

Most likely an emulator issue, some other guy had the same issue on VisualBoyAdvance and had to play on a different version of it to work

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Just finished this, absolutely loved it. The way it filled in so many gaps in lore and incorporated so much, even the abomination, was brilliant.

Back