• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

The fourth Gym, in Valoon Town, has been completed! It's a Bug-type Gym and its leader is Vernon, a kind, nature-loving Bug enthusiast!

When I actually heard that the gym leader will be Vernon, I thought you're pertaining to Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter series. :D

Years
  • Dude, I'm Lovin The Updates ... Can't Wait to Play the Next Release^_^
    Thanks!

Quite possibly the most dank hack I've ever had the pleasure of playing. 10.0 rating, Best New Hack
    Danke.

awww... that poor Smellpaw -shot-

Anyways, nice updates! Can't wait for more! ^^
    Thank you!

When I actually heard that the gym leader will be Vernon, I thought you're pertaining to Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter series. :D
    Nah, his name is actually a pun on vermin and venom.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

The next area past Valoon Town, Telmurk Swamp, has been completed! I've also made new sprites for the Badges, too (from left to right, there's the Plume Badge, Ember Badge, Mystic Badge and Honeycomb Badge). I also happen to have an ID No. ending in "666" but sshsshsshsh.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I like to review a lot of ROM Hacks. When people make ROM Hacks with new regions and brand new stories, I am usually more serious in reviewing the hacks. But I did play your first Beta and I really enjoyed it! I can't wait until your next Beta, great job on adding a whole new story and region! I will give a full review after a newer version is released!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I too enjoyed playing this hack very much. Story is really original and everything is well done, I also like the fact that second gym already has levels of almost 30. Very well done, great job and keep on the good work!

Years
  • Dude, I applaud you! You're working at the speed of light!
    Thank you! It feels good to be making a lot of progress!

I like to review a lot of ROM Hacks. When people make ROM Hacks with new regions and brand new stories, I am usually more serious in reviewing the hacks. But I did play your first Beta and I really enjoyed it! I can't wait until your next Beta, great job on adding a whole new story and region! I will give a full review after a newer version is released!
    Thank you, I look forward to it!

I too enjoyed playing this hack very much. Story is really original and everything is well done, I also like the fact that second gym already has levels of almost 30. Very well done, great job and keep on the good work!
    Thanks! The level curve has been reduced though, because the volume of Trainers in the current beta is too high.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Introducing the Blue Shard Meister's house! Here, you can teach your Pokémon a variety of moves, from Aqua Tail to Dark Pulse, in exchange for Blue Shards! You can also convert five Blue Shards into a Water Stone, or a Water Stone into four Blue Shards! Shards are now also more common items, appearing as both hidden items and in Poké Balls, so that finding them is less of a chore. In the future, there will likely be more Shard Meisters who will teach different moves for different coloured Shards.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Thank you! It feels good to be making a lot of progress!

Thanks! The level curve has been reduced though, because the volume of Trainers in the current beta is too high.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Introducing the Blue Shard Meister's house! Here, you can teach your Pokémon a variety of moves, from Aqua Tail to Dark Pulse, in exchange for Blue Shards! You can also convert five Blue Shards into a Water Stone, or a Water Stone into four Blue Shards! Shards are now also more common items, appearing as both hidden items and in Poké Balls, so that finding them is less of a chore. In the future, there will likely be more Shard Meisters who will teach different moves for different coloured Shards.

SO MUCH PROGRESS
    Lol. Well, anyways, I'm guessing this hack will be complete before 2015 ends. As for the beta, I give it till the latter half of next week or presumably March.
    Loving the Shard Meister idea! I wonder if that clerk will have more character development the more you talk to her (expressing more emotion toward the player, etc.)
    Good work as always!

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Thank you! It feels good to be making a lot of progress!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Dude, I Totally Love This Idea. Can't Wait to Play:)

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    I had a few questions.. I was wondering if someone could tell me what Pokemon the regal stone is used on? Another question I had was what are the hidden grottos, and how can I find them? My last question is more of a technical difficulty. My town map shows the typical Fire Red map, and not the one in the screen shot above. Is there a way I can fix this?

Other than that, I love the hack! It is pretty fun .

Love how it is going.. I was wondering if you could give us a general idea as to when yo think the next update is going to be out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • I had a few questions.. I was wondering if someone could tell me what Pokemon the regal stone is used on? Another question I had was what are the hidden grottos, and how can I find them? My last question is more of a technical difficulty. My town map shows the typical Fire Red map, and not the one in the screen shot above. Is there a way I can fix this?

Love how it is going.. I was wondering if you could give us a general idea as to when yo think the next update is going to be out?

The map is not updated in the current beta, as far as i know neither are hidden grottos, and isn't the regal stone for feebas and slowbro? Idk im guessing lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    ARE YOU ADDING NEW FIELD MOVES LIKE ROCKCLIMB SORE HURRICAN AS HM AND WILL THERE BE 50 OR 100 TM CAN WE RUN INDOORS AND ARE YOU ADDING NEW FEATURES LIKE DOUBLE BATTLE ,WILD POKEMON DOUBLE BATTLE,ABILITY TO USE SORE TO HAVE ENCOUNTERS IN SKY LIKE FUTURE GAMES AND ADDING SWARMS

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    ARE YOU ADDING NEW FIELD MOVES LIKE ROCKCLIMB SORE HURRICAN AS HM AND WILL THERE BE 50 OR 100 TM CAN WE RUN INDOORS AND ARE YOU ADDING NEW FEATURES LIKE DOUBLE BATTLE ,WILD POKEMON DOUBLE BATTLE,ABILITY TO USE SORE TO HAVE ENCOUNTERS IN SKY LIKE FUTURE GAMES AND ADDING SWARMS
    I almost screamed this out loud. Man this guy is hyped for the release {XD}

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023

Please calm down, my friend. As far as I know, Rock Climb has been implemented, so there is hope that other field moves can be implemented as well. I believe there are 50 TMs as that is the limit, but they WILL be non-consumable, meaning they will not disappear after you use them. Running indoors is already possible, I think there are already double battles(?), not sure. Wild double battles are not planned at this point, I don't think. And the ability to soar in the sky to have "Sky Encounters" is forever an elusive mystery. (Meaning I'm not sure that that's even been considered.)

We are all hyped for the next release, but I ask that you retain yourself.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2018
    I'd love it more if there would be Escavalier and Gogoat along with gen 6 starters in this version. i'd really definitely play it! :)

Flying Turtle

Some Random Ghost
    Years
  • Ooh, this looks amazing, can't wait for the next beta!

Also, a little question, will there be only 16 Move Tutors or there will be more?

Years
  • I had a few questions.. I was wondering if someone could tell me what Pokemon the regal stone is used on?
    Thanks! The Regal Stone can be used on the following Pokémon:

Spoiler: Pokémon that evolve with the Regal Stone
    Slowpoke -> Regal Stone -> Slowking
    Poliwhirl -> Regal Stone -> Politoed
    Seadra -> Regal Stone -> Kingdra
    Clamperl -> Regal Stone -> Gorebyss
    Feebas -> Regal Stone -> Milotic

This isn't an exhaustive list however, and so some may be removed or added in the future. For example, I'm considering making Sylveon available through the use of a Regal Stone as well.

Another question I had was what are the hidden grottos, and how can I find them?
    The entrances to Hidden Grottos look like this:

Spoiler: How to spot Hidden Grottos
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Take note of the different shading in the trees directly above the player!

My last question is more of a technical difficulty. My town map shows the typical Fire Red map, and not the one in the screen shot above. Is there a way I can fix this?
    That's because the new world map has been newly added to the in-progress Beta 2.

Thank you! I can't give a release date for Beta 2 as of now because I don't know myself, but hopefully not too far from now!

Rock Climb is in already, although it isn't available yet unless you get it through breeding or something. There will only be 50 TMs unless I manage to expand them, which is unlikely. Running indoors is already a feature in Beta 1.1. Regular double battles are already in the hack, whereas wild double battles likely won't be implemented. Sky encounters probably won't be included, either. I might include Swarms but they aren't in progress at the moment.

We are all hyped for the next release, but I ask that you retain yourself.
    Thanks!

I'd love it more if there would be Escavalier and Gogoat along with gen 6 starters in this version. i'd really definitely play it! :)
    Karrablast is definitely going to be available in Beta 2, so theoretically you will be able to get an Escavalier. As for the others, I can't say for sure whether they will be available, sorry.

Ooh, this looks amazing, can't wait for the next beta!

Also, a little question, will there be only 16 Move Tutors or there will be more?
    Thanks! As you can see from a previous update, there will be new Shard Tutors to accompany the standard FireRed Move Tutors, so yes, there will only be sixteen of the regular Move Tutors, but there will be quite a few Shard Tutors that teach far more than just one move!

The newest area I've made, which is still a somewhat work-in-progress, is the Battle Marsh! Here, you can battle against Trainers to win Battle Points, which can be exchanged for battle items and more! Check it out!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

During Battle Marsh battles, your entire party will be scaled up to Level 50. This, of course, is temporary, and once you decide to leave (or lose!), your team will be reverted to their regular levels. You can also only battle with three Pokémon in the Single Battle Tournament, so choose wisely! (The FIRST, SECOND and THIRD text will be decapitalised eventually, too.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2018
    Just a suggestion though. Wouldn't it feel more earthy (is that a word?) or kinda ancient-like, celtic-ish, nordic, whatever if the author would add more nature like pokemon into the game? like skiddo, gogoat (kinda biased, but yeah), deerling, sawsbuck, other green and vegitative pokemon would be nice too. you know, kinda like a really back-to-nature feel. i dunno about you guys, but this game gives me the vibes of that kind of game. but then again,i dunno. it might just be me.

Back