• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    A lot of people seem to be doing these so I thought I'd give it a crack
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    I had nothing better to do so I designed a new library. It's up to you if you use it, I don't mind if you don't.
    Spoiler:

It's based on the museum in Pewter City from FireRed. I personally like option 3 the best.
    Here are also four images with just the library:
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Noice! Although they all look great, I'd have to say that #3 and #5 are my favorites.

@KLM_SpitFire Your coverart inspired me to make a cover too! I hope you like it!
    Spoiler:

I dig it. Nice job Porto.

I tried searching the thread for TM and TMs with nothing coming up, so I hope this hasn't been said before, but the TMs are not infinite even though the first post said they would be? I'm not sure if this is just not implemented yet, or a bug. Sorry if somebody already said it, I didn't check every page.

I was thinking the same thing. If anyone is willing to provide any insight into this I'd greatly appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2024
    I tried searching the thread for TM and TMs with nothing coming up, so I hope this hasn't been said before, but the TMs are not infinite even though the first post said they would be? I'm not sure if this is just not implemented yet, or a bug. Sorry if somebody already said it, I didn't check every page.

I was thinking the same thing. If anyone is willing to provide any insight into this I'd greatly appreciate it!

It's implemented in the next Beta release

Ugh...you sir are killing me. This Beta update has been long waited...

Patience is a virtue. Trying to rush things will make the Beta come out with poor quality (Or the unwanted quality that was expected to be).

It will be worth the wait once it comes out, so, please be pantient

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    Have to say that after pokémon Glazed this is the best hack I've ever played.

One thing I'd like to see is more challenging gym battles though. I understand it's hard to make them of the right difficulty, but there are ways of making it more interesting. In adventure red there were battles where before the battle started, all your pokémons were frozen/poisoned/paralyzed/... , which made the fight a lot more fun.

Another way is working with a variable leveling system, where the gym leader's pokémons are always x levels (3 or so) above yours. I'm not sure if something like that is possible to code in, although I do know that variable pokémon teams are possible from pokémon Glazed, where Mewto had a team exactly like the one you started fighting him with.

Anyway, it's not real criticism other than a suggestion. It's still a great hack in all aspects. Love the fact that you can get gen6 pokémon, with which I've never played before. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • It's implemented in the next Beta release

Patience is a virtue. Trying to rush things will make the Beta come out with poor quality (Or the unwanted quality that was expected to be).

It will be worth the wait once it comes out, so, please be pantient

It has been 6 months since the last Beta

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years
  • First, gorgeous looking game! I really dig the concept. c:

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere previously, but I can't get the beta to work for some reason. I patched it as usual and then tried to the game with VisualBoyAdvance, but all I get is a white screen. Does anyone know what might be up?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    The Windmist Theme is the original composition I've heard in the game so far. Nice dude. Well, the song is better in 2x speed and pitch. XD

Years
  • Ah, you amazes me yet again, Spherical! I do not agree that the Map should be called Town Map, maybe you could change that? But, anyway, the style of the "map" is very simple, but, really beautiful, nice work! And, so is that custom messages! Lovely updates, I am hoping that I will see the 2nd beta!
    I think Town Map as a name is fine, anything else would either be inaccurate (World Map) or weird (Region Map). Orbtus Map could work, but I'm too lazy to text edit everything for that, haha.

Stellar work, Spherical, daniiIS, FBI agent, Shinoya, MrDollSteak, and giradialkia!

I stopped playing Pokemon about five years ago, but this game has gotten me back into it. The story is perceptive, the graphics are gorgeous, and the music is fresh yet nostalgic. I love it.

Since I use OpenEmu I wanted to do this game justice and make it its own custom box art. Figured I might as well share it here, in case anyone else has use for it. Here's the link:
    Code:
    klmart.deviantart.com/art/Box-Art-Pokemon-Gaia-Version-522545200

Looking forward to Beta 2.x!
    Thank you! I've added yours, and the other fan art, to the first post!

Ah, I should clarify that that is only true for Beta 2, which is currently unreleased.

Ugh...you sir are killing me. This Beta update has been long waited...
    I know, I'm sorry! I'm trying to do things as fast as possible but exams are fast approaching and I can't spend too much time on this.

Have to say that after pokémon Glazed this is the best hack I've ever played.
    Thank you!

One thing I'd like to see is more challenging gym battles though. I understand it's hard to make them of the right difficulty, but there are ways of making it more interesting. In adventure red there were battles where before the battle started, all your pokémons were frozen/poisoned/paralyzed/... , which made the fight a lot more fun.

Another way is working with a variable leveling system, where the gym leader's pokémons are always x levels (3 or so) above yours. I'm not sure if something like that is possible to code in, although I do know that variable pokémon teams are possible from pokémon Glazed, where Mewto had a team exactly like the one you started fighting him with.

Anyway, it's not real criticism other than a suggestion. It's still a great hack in all aspects. Love the fact that you can get gen6 pokémon, with which I've never played before. Anyway, keep up the good work!
    That's a very interesting suggestion! At the moment I feel I've perfected the level curve for Beta 2, so I won't be trying to adjust the current system yet, but it would be a neat addition for a Hard Edition or something, definitely! I appreciate the suggestion.

iam getting starters chimchar,turtwig,piplup can u say y?????
    They're the starters! At the beginning, I had planned to use the AncientPower evolution Pokémon, but ultimately decided against it due to balance reasons.

First, gorgeous looking game! I really dig the concept. c:
    Thank you!

The Windmist Theme is the original composition I've heard in the game so far. Nice dude. Well, the song is better in 2x speed and pitch. XD
    Thank you! Windmist City's theme is indeed great, thanks to the amazing giradialkia!

Ugh, the tension on this thread is killing me
    I'm sorry! I hope you believe me when I say I'm working on it basically every bit of free time I have (more or less, lol) perfecting it. I want it to be as good as possible for you guys!

As most of the work I've been doing are bug fixes, balance adjusting and other, small things, here's a pitifully small update to tide you guys over:

Pokémon Gaia Version

This features the new, fixed snow effect by daniilS, as well as the TM Poké Ball sprite, in line with how they appear in Generation 6!

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I don't get it, everyone's talking about updates and stuff but the latest version I see is Beta 1.1. Am I missing something here? :C

Years
  • I've been lurking on this for a while, and I have to say, you've done a wonderful job sir. The graphics are exquisitely utilized, and the many mechanics you've added to modernize the FRLG base ROM makes it all that much better. Can't wait for more.

Years
  • Pokémon Gaia Version

Oh man, I can hardly wait.
    I'm glad you're excited!

I've been lurking on this for a while, and I have to say, you've done a wonderful job sir. The graphics are exquisitely utilized, and the many mechanics you've added to modernize the FRLG base ROM makes it all that much better. Can't wait for more.
    Thank you!

Still a little buggy in places, but overall great!
    Thanks, almost all of the bugs have been fixed!

One year ago today, I posted this very thread for Pokémon Gaia. With that in mind, I think it's time for a celebration! How about a Beta release?

Pokémon Gaia - Beta 2 Release

Screenshots

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Team

Special thanks and credits

Downloads

• Gaia Beta 2
      Release date: 11th May, 2015
      Mirror links: sphericalice.com
      Notes: This beta ends in Telmurk City, with a total of five Gym battles. Please read the included README.txt file for important information. Saves from previous versions are NOT compatible with this version.

Last edited:
    Back