• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Rubidium

Criticism Response Team
Years
  • This hack is great. I really enjoy seeing such effort put into hacks, and it's nice that you didn't resort to using Essentials. Not that anything is wrong with Essentials, though...

One glitch that I found is that if you lose to a grunt in that temple (it looks like a Ho-oh) after the snowy route, the game kinda breaks. As in, you can no longer progress as the events mess up; and speaking to anybody in the temple crashes the game. D:

swoobat123

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I found the glitch at the type chart :/ maybe my ROM error or something but "electro ball" x2 on shinx and "bite" x2 on clefairy...

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Ehm dunno if its the right session to post bugs, if not move the post.!
    The guy in the house who has emolga-rhyhorn-vibrava:
    1) Normal attacks on Rhyhorn are super effective,while water and grass are not-effective. and some not-effetive moves do 0 or 1 damage.(i am 5 lvl down from rhyhorn)
    2) I used Rock type move on Emolga and its not very effective.
    Are those bugs or you somehow changed the types of specific pokemon? Can you add some more details please?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Piloswine evolves into Mamoswine the same way it does in the official games, by learning AncientPower. I've fixed the first bug, and the second bug was fixed already. I can't recreate the bug in Telmurk Warehouses, unfortunately.

I see. Where will you place Move Relearner? And, I'm getting hype using a Deino line in your hack so where will you place Deino (in Pre-League)?

Another problems though:
    • Streak of 17 battles and onwards in Battle Marsh becomes buggy: the karate OW walks twice away from you, and no more audiences. It doesn't crash the game at all but anyone still can gain BP and it is just the number of battles stucks at 17.
    • Healing at the Nurse when you continue the game inside crashes the game (I bet someone reported this earlier).
    • Electro Ball isn't an Electric-type move.
    • Gooey problems: If the user with Gooey uses Bide, the lowering animation plays on the user while the speed decrease is on the enemy; If the Gooey user uses Protect then the enemy used any physical move, a loop occurs that the lowering animation plays then the protected itself message and it repeats over and over again.
    • At the Blue Shard Move Tutor, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse cannot be learned.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2015
    Ehm dunno if its the right session to post bugs, if not move the post.!
    The guy in the house who has emolga-rhyhorn-vibrava:
    1) Normal attacks on Rhyhorn are super effective,while water and grass are not-effective. and some not-effetive moves do 0 or 1 damage.(i am 5 lvl down from rhyhorn)
    2) I used Rock type move on Emolga and its not very effective.
    Are those bugs or you somehow changed the types of specific pokemon? Can you add some more details please?

You don't read what NPCs say, do you? Oppos does inverse battles. More information here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Inverse_Battle

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    There's this guy in Windmist Town lumberjack club or w.e who says that they've taken care of the Abomasnow problem in the nearby woods or something like that. Yet the guy in front of Abomasnow Woods says it's too dangerous to go there and doesn't let you through. What gives? Or do I remember wrong?

Starmytes

Fabulous Fruit
    Years
  • Quick question, I'm guessing Sylveon is available in this game since fairy typing and 6th generation Pokémon where added. Does it evolve by high friendship and level up?

Same question with woobat, is it's evolution the same? Thanks! :-D

Also I had the same glitch with going into the cave after my first rival battle (the game resets after you enter it). I replayed up to that point and saved before entering the cave and it worked fine. :-)

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2015
    Quick question, I'm guessing Sylveon is available in this game since fairy typing and 6th generation Pokémon where added. Does it evolve by high friendship and level up?

Also I had the same glitch with going into the cave after my first rival battle (the game resets after you enter it). I replayed up to that point and saved before entering the cave and it worked fine. :-)
    it evolves when eevee learns a fairy type move (+level up)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Was running around in the grass after the tree I cut in Reliquia Ruins map 3.11 and my game would freeze while running through these tiles:

Spoiler:

I'm guessing it's because the background byte is 01 and not 00. The error only comes in whenever I speed the game up and run back and forth as far as I know. Or maybe not, I just tried it with 00 and it still did it except this time when I tried to get a wild battle through that tile, it never popped up any wild pokemon.

Years
  • will beta2 be compatible with beta3 ? Your hack makes me very wet {:3}
    I obviously can't guarantee anything, but hopefully I will be changing far less about Beta 2 when making Beta 3 than I did 1.1 when making Beta 2, if that makes sense, so it's less likely incompatibility will occur.

Wow I love the look of this hack and hope for its completion soon!
    Downloaded and playing <3
    Thanks!

This hack is great. I really enjoy seeing such effort put into hacks, and it's nice that you didn't resort to using Essentials. Not that anything is wrong with Essentials, though...

One glitch that I found is that if you lose to a grunt in that temple (it looks like a Ho-oh) after the snowy route, the game kinda breaks. As in, you can no longer progress as the events mess up; and speaking to anybody in the temple crashes the game. D:
    Thanks! I think that's actually quite an old bug, or at the very least one I can't recreate. Have you tried saving before that, redownloading, and then trying?

I see. Where will you place Move Relearner? And, I'm getting hype using a Deino line in your hack so where will you place Deino (in Pre-League)?

Another problems though:
    • Streak of 17 battles and onwards in Battle Marsh becomes buggy: the karate OW walks twice away from you, and no more audiences. It doesn't crash the game at all but anyone still can gain BP and it is just the number of battles stucks at 17.
    • Healing at the Nurse when you continue the game inside crashes the game (I bet someone reported this earlier).
    • Electro Ball isn't an Electric-type move.
    • Gooey problems: If the user with Gooey uses Bide, the lowering animation plays on the user while the speed decrease is on the enemy; If the Gooey user uses Protect then the enemy used any physical move, a loop occurs that the lowering animation plays then the protected itself message and it repeats over and over again.
    • At the Blue Shard Move Tutor, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse cannot be learned.
    I'm not sure, the Move Relearner will probably be in the town after Telmurk City though. Deino is probably either going to be in Victory Road or a similar lategame cave.

The 17 battle streak is already reported and in the bugs list, as is the problem with Electro Ball. I still can't recreate the Nurse healing problem, but I think it has been fixed if you redownload. Gooey is also already in the bug list, and I think I fixed Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse too.

There's this guy in Windmist Town lumberjack club or w.e who says that they've taken care of the Abomasnow problem in the nearby woods or something like that. Yet the guy in front of Abomasnow Woods says it's too dangerous to go there and doesn't let you through. What gives? Or do I remember wrong?
    Oh, my bad. I've fixed that.

Quick question, I'm guessing Sylveon is available in this game since fairy typing and 6th generation Pokémon where added. Does it evolve by high friendship and level up?

Spoiler: How to get Sylveon and Swoobat
    Sylveon evolves when you level-up an Eevee with a Fairy-type move or give it a Regal Stone.

Woobat evolves with max friendship.

Amazinq.

Can't wait for the full release! cx
    Thank you!

Was running around in the grass after the tree I cut in Reliquia Ruins map 3.11 and my game would freeze while running through these tiles:

Spoiler:

I'm guessing it's because the background byte is 01 and not 00. The error only comes in whenever I speed the game up and run back and forth as far as I know. Or maybe not, I just tried it with 00 and it still did it except this time when I tried to get a wild battle through that tile, it never popped up any wild pokemon.

No, the 01 behaviour byte there just enables wild battles. The problem was with Unown being in the wild grass, which a) is bugged and b) wasn't even intentional to begin with, so I've rectified that and hopefully this bug won't occur anymore.

You can redownload from the original link and continue using your saves to fix these bugs! In this push, I've also buffed Vernon's team slightly, as I feel he was disproportionately weak compared to Belle and Sid.

Back