• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    This game is spectacular. (Apparently I've had an account here for over six years, but this is my first post on the forums! That's how impressed I was by this game.) It has one of the most engrossing stories in a hack that I've ever seen. I'm not all the way through the beta, I'm only in the swamp right now, but I want to know more about what's going on - what do the tremors mean, what the bad team is going to do, what's up with that Marowak cave, ARE WE ALL DOOMED, what's the deal with the rival tbh. The graphics are really nice and the gameplay is challenging but not impossible. The variety of Pokemon is very good too.

A few suggestions:
    1. More documentation. Specifically, a Pokemon location list. Possibly also a document for gym leader/major battle teams; if you don't want to give that away, maybe just levels and type.
    2. I haven't played GSC/HGSS in a while, but I don't remember the Bug-Catching Contest working like it does here, where you have to deposit almost your entire team and then take it out after the contest. It's pretty annoying.
    3. HM improvements. A lot of hacks have these. For example, it would be better if Cut was Grass-type or Steel-type, and Rock Smash had more power. I haven't gotten Rock Climb yet, but if that hasn't changed from the games, I'd tweak that too.
    3b. Sorta related, but while I've only gotten to one move tutor so far (the Substitute guy), if TMs are infinite use, they should be infinite use too.
    4. When you get the care package from the professor, the description of it starts with "Its" when it should be "It's"

Overall, though, my comments are mostly just suggestions. I love this game and I can't wait to keep playing it! I'm sure I'm going to love the eventual end to the story as well.

Last edited:

LTA

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2020
    In the bug-catching contest, how can I win the Mega Stone?
    Every time the Gym Leader wins and gets the Mega Stone.
    When I fight him in the Gym, he uses the Mega Stone, so he is supposed to win or there is a way to win the Mega Stone???

After that event, when I enter to the contest I win, but the prize isn't the Mega Stone.

Pinsir, Heracross and Scyther are almost guaranteed 1st place. If you keep competing you'll eventually get the Beedrelite and the other Mega Stones.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2015
    Hi! First of all , I want to thank you for answering my previous questions. Now, I would like to ask you another 2 little things and tell you some tips for the next beta:

The little questions:
    1. Where is the Absolite? People have told me that the stone is in the Precimos Island , but I can't find it.
    2. In the game is the Abomasnowite? I like this Pokémon so much.

The tips:
    1. Precimos island is very empty for how big it is , I think you should fill it up with more things or make it smaller.
    2. Add a legendary Pokémon, one that is not very powerful and big, like a Celebi or Cobalion.
    3. Correct an error in the map , there is a red cross in the upper left corner every time I open it.

Thank you for all, bye!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    I just caught a Mienfoo with Regenerator, but switching out doesn't cause it to regain any HP as usual. Is this glitch known?

LTA

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2020
    I don't know if it was reported earlier but False Swipe kills.

Also, I love what you did with those Pokémon boss battles (Weezing, Clefairy, etc.)

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
  • yeah.....so i entered the bug catching contest and a beedrill fainted my pokemon, and then i proceeded to drop all my money all $100,000 something of it. Now i have no money for pokeballs and i'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen no matter how scary beedrills are >:(

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Just a few more comments since I played through almost the rest of the hack!

1. More typos. When you meet your rival at the Game Center, he says the word "should" in his dialogue. The L is missing. The Shock Wave description says "it cant be evaded" when it should be "can't"
    2. Possibly some more wild balance/places to grind. For the last available gym, there is a nearly twenty-level difference between the wild Pokemon and the gym leader's ace. I guess maybe this is part of the challenge but it's reaaally hard, especially since the ace is a mega-evo. I know there's the Ezekiel battle, but that's one guy.
    3. (Very minor) In the room where you battle Ezekiel, there's some kind of movement permission issue by the lower right rock.
    3. I just now noticed the Gas Mask is a Trubbish that's so cute :3

Anyway, I hope these comments are helpful and don't take away from the fact that I really love this hack! I can't wait to see what the plot has in store.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Hi, I'm from another fangame community and I've been playing this game for a while now, was very excited to see beta 2.5 released and even thought I felt a bit sad that I had to erase my old save to start a new one, at least in this new version 2.5 I can catch and train a pumpkaboo! Gourgeist is my favourite pokemon, you people have no idea how happy it made me to see this thing in the forest after the first gym. Needless to say, this hack rom is one of my two fav hack roms, great job and congratulations to the team.

Some days ago, following the lines of my original save that I started in beta 2, I caught a scraggy in the cave, trained it up to level 45 to have it learn rock climb, then use it to get access to all the rock climbable surfaces. When I got to the underground tunnel in Telmurk city (the place where beta 2 ended) and kept going forwards, I got to this new "Telmurk outskirts" area, and was glad to have that scrafty because to proceed I had to have rock climb in my party.

Anyways, using surf I got to a cave (Ferre ruins), battled all grunts in there, and when I get to the team admin in the core of the cave, my game freezes and I have to forcefully close it. Always. I can also surf from there from other parts to the north upon re-starting the game, but the 6th gym is closed because of the gym leader quitting, and all the dive areas are unaccessible to me because I don't have HMDive. I did catch and train a wailmer until it learned Dive naturally by level, but when I go to a dive spot with that it doesn't trigger, so I assume even though HMs are of free use, you need them to actually get them first, is this true?

My question is: does the game end on that New Elder leader that freezes my game, or am I supposed to find another way to either find the 6th gym leader or the HM for dive? I've been kinda stuck like this for two days now, so I decided to ask and see if my problem can get solved.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Great hack! It is very good to see great stories and features. Keep it up! However, random resets just occured sometimes and luckily i save everytime I progress. But in conclusion, it is awsome!

Years
  • Another lil bug regarding moves from scyther/ Scizor:
    False Swipe kills. Nothing gamebreaking though...
    And thank you for the fast fixing of the other bugs :)
    This has been fixed, thank you!

In the bug-catching contest, how can I win the Mega Stone?
    Every time the Gym Leader wins and gets the Mega Stone.
    When I fight him in the Gym, he uses the Mega Stone, so he is supposed to win or there is a way to win the Mega Stone???

After that event, when I enter to the contest I win, but the prize isn't the Mega Stone.
    If you come first place, you have a chance of winning an evolutionary stone or a Mega Stone for the Bug-type Megas, so Heracronite, Beedrillite, Scizorite and Pinsirite. Yes, Vernon will always win Beedrillite in the very first contest you enter.

Excellent hack I've played so far,can't wait for the finished version.Btw why flare blitz doesn't recoil back lol.
    Thank you! Flare Blitz has been fixed.

Dragon tail force switch when used on substitute and also one time it said it failed.. Idk what? my Pokemon was on the field but wasn't switched.. I'm sure I had other Pokemon healthy
    Thank you! This has been fixed.

I have another question (searched the whole thread)
    Did you add a move reminder yet? You said it maybe would be after telmurk city...
    There is no Move Relearner, no.

This game is spectacular. (Apparently I've had an account here for over six years, but this is my first post on the forums! That's how impressed I was by this game.) It has one of the most engrossing stories in a hack that I've ever seen. I'm not all the way through the beta, I'm only in the swamp right now, but I want to know more about what's going on - what do the tremors mean, what the bad team is going to do, what's up with that Marowak cave, ARE WE ALL DOOMED, what's the deal with the rival tbh. The graphics are really nice and the gameplay is challenging but not impossible. The variety of Pokemon is very good too.

A few suggestions:
    1. More documentation. Specifically, a Pokemon location list. Possibly also a document for gym leader/major battle teams; if you don't want to give that away, maybe just levels and type.
    2. I haven't played GSC/HGSS in a while, but I don't remember the Bug-Catching Contest working like it does here, where you have to deposit almost your entire team and then take it out after the contest. It's pretty annoying.
    3. HM improvements. A lot of hacks have these. For example, it would be better if Cut was Grass-type or Steel-type, and Rock Smash had more power. I haven't gotten Rock Climb yet, but if that hasn't changed from the games, I'd tweak that too.
    3b. Sorta related, but while I've only gotten to one move tutor so far (the Substitute guy), if TMs are infinite use, they should be infinite use too.
    4. When you get the care package from the professor, the description of it starts with "Its" when it should be "It's"

Overall, though, my comments are mostly just suggestions. I love this game and I can't wait to keep playing it! I'm sure I'm going to love the eventual end to the story as well.
    Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed playing. More documentation is definitely on its way! The issue with the Bug-Catching Contest is indeed unfortunate and I will eventually try and make it less awkward, but it wasn't so much a design choice as much as it was just it being really awkward for it to automatically deposit all your Pokémon and then withdraw them. I likely won't be altering the HMs for now. I agree with regards to the one-off Move Tutors, too. The description for the Care Package (as well as the Redwood Card and Shock Wave) has been fixed.

Two questions: where do i get a fire stone and how does phantump evolve?
    As listed in the README.txt file, Phantump evolves at Level 38 into Trevenant. Fire Stones can be won in the Bug-Catching Contest, and there is one in Nestpine Climb.

Hi! First of all , I want to thank you for answering my previous questions. Now, I would like to ask you another 2 little things and tell you some tips for the next beta:

The little questions:
    1. Where is the Absolite? People have told me that the stone is in the Precimos Island , but I can't find it.
    2. In the game is the Abomasnowite? I like this Pokémon so much.

The tips:
    1. Precimos island is very empty for how big it is , I think you should fill it up with more things or make it smaller.
    2. Add a legendary Pokémon, one that is not very powerful and big, like a Celebi or Cobalion.
    3. Correct an error in the map , there is a red cross in the upper left corner every time I open it.

Thank you for all, bye!
    Absolite is in the Hidden Grotto in Precimos Stretch, but you may need to redownload for it to appear. Abomasite is currently not in the release, sorry. Precimos Island's map is certainly not final, don't worry. Legendaries are certainly being considered, but for now they won't be in the beta. The error with the map is indeed annoying, I'll look into it, thanks.

I just caught a Mienfoo with Regenerator, but switching out doesn't cause it to regain any HP as usual. Is this glitch known?
    I'll look into this, thank you.

I lost to the New Elders Leader in the snow cave after the 2nd gym (I forgot what it was called)... and now the dialogue just repeats.
    Do people know about this?
    Are you sure the version you're playing lists in the README.txt file that it has been updated, at the very earliest, on the 07/11/2015? If not, then you are likely playing an outdated version of the release, and I'd recommend you redownload the patch as I believe I fixed this already.

I don't know if it was reported earlier but False Swipe kills.

Also, I love what you did with those Pokémon boss battles (Weezing, Clefairy, etc.)
    False Swipe has been fixed if you redownload. Thanks!

This is the best Pokemon rom hack I've ever played.
    Thank you!

yeah.....so i entered the bug catching contest and a beedrill fainted my pokemon, and then i proceeded to drop all my money all $100,000 something of it. Now i have no money for pokeballs and i'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen no matter how scary beedrills are >:(
    There does seem to be some issue with losing money, and I'm not really sure what's causing it. Either way, I've noted it in the README.txt file, under the Bugs section.

Just a few more comments since I played through almost the rest of the hack!

1. More typos. When you meet your rival at the Game Center, he says the word "should" in his dialogue. The L is missing. The Shock Wave description says "it cant be evaded" when it should be "can't"
    2. Possibly some more wild balance/places to grind. For the last available gym, there is a nearly twenty-level difference between the wild Pokemon and the gym leader's ace. I guess maybe this is part of the challenge but it's reaaally hard, especially since the ace is a mega-evo. I know there's the Ezekiel battle, but that's one guy.
    3. (Very minor) In the room where you battle Ezekiel, there's some kind of movement permission issue by the lower right rock.
    3. I just now noticed the Gas Mask is a Trubbish that's so cute :3

Anyway, I hope these comments are helpful and don't take away from the fact that I really love this hack! I can't wait to see what the plot has in store.
    Thank you! I've fixed the first and third points. As for the second one, I'm not really sure how to amend this, for now, without making it so the wilds in Precimos Stretch are absurdly high if you've not yet taken on the Ferre Ruins event. Thanks for the help!

Hi, I'm from another fangame community and I've been playing this game for a while now, was very excited to see beta 2.5 released and even thought I felt a bit sad that I had to erase my old save to start a new one, at least in this new version 2.5 I can catch and train a pumpkaboo! Gourgeist is my favourite pokemon, you people have no idea how happy it made me to see this thing in the forest after the first gym. Needless to say, this hack rom is one of my two fav hack roms, great job and congratulations to the team.

Some days ago, following the lines of my original save that I started in beta 2, I caught a scraggy in the cave, trained it up to level 45 to have it learn rock climb, then use it to get access to all the rock climbable surfaces. When I got to the underground tunnel in Telmurk city (the place where beta 2 ended) and kept going forwards, I got to this new "Telmurk outskirts" area, and was glad to have that scrafty because to proceed I had to have rock climb in my party.

Anyways, using surf I got to a cave (Ferre ruins), battled all grunts in there, and when I get to the team admin in the core of the cave, my game freezes and I have to forcefully close it. Always. I can also surf from there from other parts to the north upon re-starting the game, but the 6th gym is closed because of the gym leader quitting, and all the dive areas are unaccessible to me because I don't have HMDive. I did catch and train a wailmer until it learned Dive naturally by level, but when I go to a dive spot with that it doesn't trigger, so I assume even though HMs are of free use, you need them to actually get them first, is this true?

My question is: does the game end on that New Elder leader that freezes my game, or am I supposed to find another way to either find the 6th gym leader or the HM for dive? I've been kinda stuck like this for two days now, so I decided to ask and see if my problem can get solved.
    Thank you! You seem to have sequence-broke the game by getting Rock Climb without physically getting the HM, yeah. I've fixed this by removing Rock Climb from natural learnsets: to actually get it you would need to have gone to the Telmurk City Game Corner following your defeat of Sid, and then gone to the Underground Path and received the HM from Herschel. That would've prevented the subsequent freezes you were experiencing, so I'm not sure what to tell you other than to try going to the Game Corner and hoping the events resynchronised. Sorry about this! Dive is not implemented in the current release, either. I'm beginning to realise why Game Freak locked HMs behind badges, though, haha.

Great hack! It is very good to see great stories and features. Keep it up! However, random resets just occured sometimes and luckily i save everytime I progress. But in conclusion, it is awsome!
    Thank you! I'd like to hear more details about these supposedly random resets. Where exactly did they occur? What was your team?

You can redownload to fix the above points that I've said are fixed, as well as to fix Sturdy's message from not displaying and a few other minor things.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
  • How do i activate the mega stone? My charizard seems to have reacted to it by itself the first time i used him but now i can't seem to make it mega evolve.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Me again!

Pumpkaboo can learn Flame Charge by TM, which would appear to be an oversight. Also, I'm not sure if you're actually creating the animations for the new attacks or using community-generated ones, but I've noticed several boosting moves seem to use the Iron Defence animation verbatim. Namely, Hone Claws and Rock Polish. If I may make a suggestion, Rock Polish could start with the Iron Defence animation and then finish with the sparkles created by Wish or the Detect animation to indicate that the Pokemon is now cleaner (?). As for Hone Claws, I have seen in Theta Emerald that it uses three quick scratches to the user to indicate the sharpening of its claws which looks a little nicer in my opinion, so maybe you could use that? Power Gem also uses the Rock Slide animation, but I'm sure that one isn't final yet.

I hope it says a lot about the quality of the hack that I'm picking up on such minor things :P If I find anymore weird stuff actually worthy of addressing I'll be back to report it.

EDIT: Ok got a weird one this time... I was facing Ace Trainer Beau in the tower to face Belle for a mega ring, I was using Floette and he was using Phanpy. Phanpy used Endure at full health as I used Magical Leaf and left Phanpy with around 1/4 of its health left. The next few turns, I went for Magical Leaf again and not only did it do no damage, but Phanpy appeared to actually be regaining 1HP each time I used it. After about 3 turns my Magical Leaf did the correct thing and killed it. I'm not sure if it'll be possible to recreate this, or why everything went back to normal after a seemingly random amount of time, but it was weird...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Finished the beta with Empoleon, Charizard , Diggersby , Dusclops ,Gardevoir and Noibat. And also beat battle marsh all 5 leaders...It was really awesome.. Thank you. BTW how do I evolve Dusclops? Do I need reaper cloth?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Thank you! You seem to have sequence-broke the game by getting Rock Climb without physically getting the HM, yeah. I've fixed this by removing Rock Climb from natural learnsets: to actually get it you would need to have gone to the Telmurk City Game Corner following your defeat of Sid, and then gone to the Underground Path and received the HM from Herschel. That would've prevented the subsequent freezes you were experiencing, so I'm not sure what to tell you other than to try going to the Game Corner and hoping the events resynchronised. Sorry about this! Dive is not implemented in the current release, either. I'm beginning to realise why Game Freak locked HMs behind badges, though, haha.[/B]

Thank you very much, going back to Telmurk's game corner to make the script go back on track did help, now the game proceeds normally and I was able to beat the 6th gym! Yay! although that means now I have to wait for beta 3 :/

Anyways, there's a, well it's not a bug but rather a graphical error, and then there's a question I want to make.

-The graphical error is about Litwick. When you have a litwick whether it is in your party or in the PC, it appears with its icon sprite, like every other mon when seen in a PC box or the party, right? well the thing about litwick's PC sprite is that it has a tiny, reddish pixel section in the upper left corner, that I pressume is part of another sprite. The thing is, litwick appears with an annoying red dot over it when you see it in your PC/Party, I've seen this since beta 2, so I might as well tell you.

-The question, is about Frillish: are there female frillish in the game? There's a surf-able section after the island where you can find frillish and other mons like remoraid and such, but all the frillish I come across are male. One or two are statistically probable, but literally all 20 or so frillish I find are male. Is female one not coded into the game yet? Is just that female one is my favorite, I wonder if it's in or not.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    great work with the updates

now I'm just trying to fill my pokedex
    so can you make a list of how to evolve the unique pokemon that is not by level?

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Spherical Ice, the sudden reset occured when i was walking in Wisp Forest. I cannot explain any more details because it just happened like that.

Back