• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Oh I forgot, I used cheat codes to buy some items at the Pokemart and accidentally found some Megastones there so yeah. I found a Galladite.
    I think I'm not allowed to post cheat codes here, sorry for that.
    As for Gallade, I caught a Ralts and used a Dawn stone.

As much as I don't want to cheat to this game, it's just very tempting lol

hey i myself cheated some on gaia after finishing it on the 3rd time. haha but seriously what was the item you bought when you found the galladite?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016

Where can I get an absol,and also where can I get a dedenne and a gallde?
    BTW,love this rom hack,very creative and fun with all the megas
    THX,if you replyed.

Years
  • I hereby confirmed the findings of rveeen that some mega stones can be found on item cheat codes. I personally think that some stones doesn't have sprites yet when on mega form, and might ruin your saves. Let's all wait for Spherical Ice's announcement about this.

My findings so far:
    Medichamite
    Garchompite
    Manectite
    Diancite
    Sceptilite
    And finally Galladite
    (Hoping that I'll find a Charizardite X ????????????)

Years

• Where can I get an absol,and also where can I get a dedenne and a gallde?
    THX,if you replyed.

I don't know where you'll find an absol and a dedenne, but gallade, find a male kirlia and give it a Dawn Stone, which can be found on Valoon Town on the Bug Catching contest. There you'll win it as a random prize along with some mega stones. Happy Hunting

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    I don't know if someone has noticed or written these bugs. Anyway, Mega Altaria's back sprite is buggy (a black & white circle with a "?"). Also, I recently saw a video of mega stone locations and I can't find the Aggronite. I have 3 badges now. It isn't where it should be. According to said video, it should be in Nemesis Cave, where there is a normal item ball. I hope these bugs fill be fixed. When will the newer version come out?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Mega Pinsir has no ability yet. I think Mega Altaria doesn't have an ability at the moment.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Het, absolutely amazing game, I just found a few glitches that I'm not sure if you know about.

When I tried to use pp ups on play rough for my Azumarill, it took 2 of them, but the pp of the move didn't increase at all.

Also, not a glitch, but more of a suggestion, the amount of items you can store is very small, I haven't even finished the 2.5 beta and I have the item storage on the PC and my bag is almost full as well. I think item storage needs to increase to accommodate all the new items.

That's all the major issues I've found, other than that the game is great.

Also, I forgot to mention that Gallade's ability in the game is inner focus, but in the actual pokemon games his ability is steadfast. I'm not sure if that was purposely done or not, but I just wanted to give a heads up on that one.

There is a text error in the game too. In the Telmurk Swamp, there is a guy who gives you a TM and tells you that its his favorite TM, Bullet Seed. However, this TM is actually Energy Ball.

Hey.

I used a TM to teach my espeon shadow ball, however when I tried to use an ether on shadow ball after it had run out of pp, it kept saying it would have no effect. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Great ROM-hack! I discovered it a few weeks ago and I really love it. Amazing work!

I wonder if you have any plans to release this in any other language. I would love to help with a German translation (if that is even possible in your state of development).
    While my English is good enough to understand everything, especially the names of the Pokémon and their moves are things that I'm not familiar with. I grew up with the very first generation and therefore the German names are burnt into my brain. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one feeling something similar.
    I would definitely love to see Gaia get translated, but imo it would save everyone a lot of work and time if that waited until after the English version is completed. I personally only speak English (and very very very little German) so it would have to be someone else doing the translating, though.

Love all of these! I reckon there should probably be a Regi themed one, but either way its awesome.
    Thanks! I agree, and I did try making one but my pixel art skills begged to differ lmao.

Do you know where to find noibat
    Lower floors of the Ferre Ruins.

Is it allowed to be a Rom base to use?
    I suppose, but you shouldn't include any of the custom things like Trainer sprites, scripts, maps, etc. Stuff from the canon games like new moves, abilities, etc. are fine, though. You'll just have to give the same credits as I have. Bear in mind I will absolutely not offer any sort of support for this. You can use it as a base to your own discretion, I don't want to become a support line for this 'ROM base' lmao.

question can you win the firs bug contest where the gym leader is involved? cause i caught a scyther and still get 3rd place retry caught heracross, then pinsir and so on and always get 3rd, i
    For story purposes, the first one is rigged so you come third.

Question: are there any boss battles in the Battle Marsh? If so, how many wins does it take to get there? I'm doing single battles, only asking because I got a 14 streak and haven't seen anything different yet

EDIT: Oh, I got to the first boss! I lost, though. She's tough. Are you going to give her a custom sprite eventually, instead of a generic one? Also, when I checked the scoreboard thing, it said my win streak was zero... Shouldn't it be 19, since that's how many battles I won? Or is it supposed to reset to zero if you lose?
    The win streak is how many you have won in a row without losing, so yes when you lose it resets to 0. I'm not sure about custom sprites for the Marsh Bosses, it depends on if I can think of any good designs.

I have a question. I've beaten the 5th gym leader. Where am I suppose to go. I mean I got the secret map as well. Where am I suppose to go afterwards..?

And where do I get Rock Climb?
    Go to the Telmurk Game Corner, and then through to the Telmurk Outskirts where you can get Rock Climb and continue.

I think I may be trapped inside Telmurk gym? (which has an awesome design by the way.) I went down the ladder, stepped on the switch so the doors changed, and fought a few trainers, then I saved and turned off the game. When I came back, the doors were in their default position (i.e. not in the position they were in when I saved) and there was no way to access either the gym leader or the exit. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that's supposed to happen? I'll have to use a cheat code to get myself out, so maybe think about fixing that in the upcoming beta.
    Yeah, this is a known bug, sorry. It will be fixed in v3.

Found a small bug where occasionally registered items will automatically un-register itself. Is this just me?
    I've not encountered this. Can you give more information?

I believe I've reached the end of the beta, so here's a list of all the bugs/issues I found along the way. Some of these you may know already, and most are very minor.

Bugs/issues, numbered for convenience:
    Spoiler:

And another spoiler for grammar and usage errors in NPC dialogue, since some of these are quite pedantic:
    Spoiler:

Overall, I'd say this is a really good hack! It was a lot of fun playing all the way through, and I appreciate the variety of pokemon available (though it doesn't make completing the pokedex an easy task). My only personal complaint would be the disappointing lack of fossil pokemon-- I was hoping to have one on my team, but it seems like they're not available yet! It would make a lot of sense for them to be found on the seafloor, though, so maybe you can hide them away somewhere in an underwater area. That would be neat.
    Thanks for playing!

1. The Sturdy message issue is known and I think a fix has been found but I've not gotten around to implementing it yet. It might be fixed for v3 but I'm not sure.

2. Oh, good point. I'll see if I can fix this for v3.

3. There are a range of items for Pickup, and while the items have been modified from vanilla bear in mind the actual mechanics are still as they were in FireRed, and so it doesn't scale according to levels or whatever. It's likely you're just unlucky.

4. Will be fixed, thanks.

5. It was intentional but now that you mention it, you're probably right that it doesn't make much sense.

6. Hm, I'll look into this, thanks.

7. I might be wrong but I think that is how it is in vanilla Gen 3 as well? I'm not sure.

8. Yeah, this will be fixed in v3.

9. This is a known issue, it might be fixed in v3 depending on if I get around to it or not.

And the grammar points:

1. Yeah, you're correct! Fixed.

2. Thanks, I had already noticed that myself so it'll definitely be fixed in v3.

3. I've gone ahead and just reworded that line in general, it's pretty awkward.

4. Fixed!

5. I agree, that does read better. Thanks.

6. Yeah, I'd also noticed this myself.

I've actually streamlined the 'regional Pokédex' a little for v3 so that you don't encounter Trainers using Pokémon that are uncapturable, so hopefully that will alleviate the difficulty somewhat.

As for the lack of fossils, that was definitely an oversight on my part but I probably won't retroactively change any of the caves to include them so far so, yeah, I think seafloor fossils makes the most sense. We'll see!

Thanks for the help! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I was wondering how I can get a Shedinja. I thought it was the same way the Ruby/Sapphire version, since in FireRed version is by exchange ... can someone tell me? Thank you. Can not wait for the beta 3 and the final version
    In the current release, Shedinja's spawn method is bugged. It will be fixed in v3, however, but for now it's unavailable.

I just realized wailmer can learn dive at lv 33...my rival is underwater now walking in a circle...
    Yeah this is a known bug, I'd prefer it if people stopped reporting it as it's quite obviously only accessed by exploiting an oversight anyway.

Okay, I take it back. Your Bug Type Gym leader is OP as all Distortion World. Spamming U-Turn like hell to continuously mess up type advantages AND can spam intimidate? AND takes all your money when you lose? Seriously? Do I seriously have to get my team into the high 30s just to beat him? Which, since your using the old Exp. Share AND no Vs. Seeker, is gonna burn up so much time.

Thanks a lot, you just made an other mother****ing Whiteny boss, if that boss was on steroids AND could change types at a moment's notice AND cripples your pokemon before battle.
    I personally found no issue with Vernon. He's not a breeze, sure, but maybe you just need to git gud :D

As for losing all your money when you lose, that's certainly not intentional. I'll look into it, thanks. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say 'could change types at a moment's notice AND cripples your pokemon before battle', though. Vernon's team are all Bug-type and you can go and heal before fighting him...

Hey guys I was thinking of getting a mamoswine and I recall reading somewhere that the move relearner isn't in the game. So, how does one get mamoswine in this?

Also any ideas as to where the tm for dig/earthquake is?
    You can't get Mamoswine until v3 when the move relearner is accessible. I don't think Dig or Earthquake TMs are in v2.5 either, although it's been a while so I might be misremembering.

Just got a little past the first gym. Just made a profile so I could say that I love it so far. The writing is really well done. Even the random townspeople have interesting things to say. It has a unique flavor while maintaining the general Pokémon spirit. Most professional seeming hack I've played yet. Well done! I'm eager to play more and see the finished product (whenever that happens). Crossing my fingers on the saved games transferring over from here.
    Thank you! I do indeed plan to maintain save compatibility for v3, rest assured. Glad to see you've enjoyed playing it so far!

I just finished beta 2.5 and I must say that this hack is amazing! I was really surprised with all the new features this hack has. Full pokedex, mega evolutions in battle and the pokemon cries totally blew my mind :) . I look forward for the next beta. You have my support and keep up the good work :D
    Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if pidove is catchable in version 2.5. I'm trying to catch all the main birds from each gen and it's the only one I'm missing.
    It's not, but in v3 it's been changed so that random Trainers don't tease you with their own Pidove that you can never catch.

Figured I may as well post this to let you know it exists, but it's a VERY small bug and it may not even need to be fixed, since it's so small.
    Basically, one of the wall tiles in Archen tunnel that is accessible after you get Surf is able to be walked on, when it shouldn't. Just a simple AM fix, but I figured I may as well point it out.
    Image:
    PhMX4qr.png
    Nice catch, I actually did that twice so thanks for making me check haha.

Also, I'd like to know if the Chansey in the hidden grotto is capable of holding a lucky egg. I've been constantly reloading a save and using thief on different chanseys for about an hour and I haven't gotten one yet. I've caught them and noted that they have different IVs each time, so I'm guessing it's not a set pokemon, but I'm wondering if it is capable of holding a lucky egg, or if it is still 5% and I'm just uber unlucky.
    It isn't, I'm afraid, because of its nature as a static encounter. Lucky Eggs have been brought up a couple of times though so I'll likely include one somewhere in v3.

A few hours later now, and I just finished the Battle Marsh, and I beat all 101 floors (kill me please), and I wanted to point out that after the first few hundred BP and you get a few held items, plus a few ability pills, there aren't really any good items in the Battle Marsh shop. Perhaps consider adding things like evolution stones, regal stones, or perhaps take some inspiration from Pokemon Insurgence and add things like an item that maxes the IVs of one stat, something that adds EVs to a pokemon, have an item to switch a pokemon's ability to its hidden ability, to add a way to get them, or even have trainers with full teams of chansey of a level you specify, where you pay BP to fight them each time, as a way to help level your team faster. The BP cost of these facilities would vary, but I'm sure with the right costs they would be very helpful and make the Battle Marsh a bigger part of the game.
    I definitely agree and I do plan to expand the stock of items you can buy from the Battle Marsh in future releases. I do also plan to make Ability Pills not get consumed if you use them on a Pokémon which only has one ability available to prevent wasting them, but I likely won't be implementing actual, third Hidden Abilities (although some Pokémon do already get their Hidden Ability as simply their second one).

My next idea is for the Rotom form changes. I read in the Relic Castle forum post for the game that you've both redone Precimos Island and added rotom form changing! My idea was that, to add a use to the hotel (just got the the island, may have a use I haven't found yet), is that you can purchase a room for say $5000 and in it is a bed to heal your pokemon, as well as the appliances to change rotom. With the exception of Rotom-mow, which could be fitted into an addition to the Hotel Garden for room-owners only, and Rotom-wash, which could be added to a laundry room in the hotel.
    The Rotom appliances are actually currently (in v3) at the downstairs of the Telmurk Warehouse where the Coin Case is found in v2.5. I do have plans for the Precimos Hotel outside of the Rotom forms, however, and I'm aware it's somewhat useless at the moment in v2.5.

I was just curious where is your progress going with gaia by now?
    wish you best of luck!!!
    Progress is going very slowly because I am in the process of completing my exams which determine whether I get into University, as well as actually applying for University and all the legwork that involves. I've also not been feeling very motivated to work on Gaia in general and I'd rather not force myself to make a subpar product than just wait and work on it at my leisure for better results. I know waiting is a pain but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run!

I found a bug in Ferre Ruins where the Pokemon Sunflora shows up just about every step and while surfing and ranges in levels between 0 and 54 from what i can tell, other then that nothing but amazing game play! Keeep up the great work! :)
    That bug was from older versions of v2.5, I'm fairly sure. You should try redownloading and see if that fixes anything. Either way, it will be fixed for sure in v3.

A great hack! mostly because of the story and design.
    A problem I cant solve is that I cant save the game and compete the Battle Marsh.
    Plus, I would realy like a way to learn some more TM, or at least re-learn them.

Pls let us know more about the new beta - I am looking forward to it =]

Team: Gengar, Espeon, Tyranitar, Infernape, Noivern, Goodra.
    PC: Mega Aggron, Ampharos, Mega Pidgeot, Golduck, Excadrill, Mega Venusaur.
    I'm not sure why that is happening. What emulator are you using? What ROM did you patch Gaia on to?

Wow, your Gaia is great, I can purely say, this is the most pretty hack I played, great grammars and stories.. I am wondering where did you get its story.. by the way, I saw some bugs.
    Thank you, although saying 'I saw some bugs' isn't very helpful. What were the bugs?

Please work your game, I wish that in December 2016, you finished your game. :) I really love it.
    I plan to release a beta by December 2016; that does not mean Gaia will be completed by December 2016. As I said in reply to another user earlier in this post, I would rather work on Gaia at my own pace than rush it and put out a subpar result.

That aside, has anyone noticed a bug with Assault Vest causing the visuals to bug out. Thankfully I had multiple saves because I was afraid of bugs.
    I'll look into this, thank you.

Blue shard master house is in the poison gym city. Dono the city name .

Also found some glitches though

Altaria when mega evolves does not have a sprite but shows question mark

Charizard y ability activates onky if it is swittched back and forth in battle
    Please read the README's bug list before reporting bugs, thank you.

Where can I get an absol,and also where can I get a dedenne and a gallde?
    THX,if you replyed.
    Absol can be found in the Telmurk Outskirts. You can get Gallade by using a Dawn Stone on a male Kirlia. Dedenne cannot be captured in v2.5. Thanks for playing!

I don't know if someone has noticed or written these bugs. Anyway, Mega Altaria's back sprite is buggy (a black & white circle with a "?"). Also, I recently saw a video of mega stone locations and I can't find the Aggronite. I have 3 badges now. It isn't where it should be. According to said video, it should be in Nemesis Cave, where there is a normal item ball. I hope these bugs fill be fixed. When will the newer version come out?
    Sounds like you're playing an outdated version of v2.5. Just redownload it and the changes should be there (provided you save somewhere like the Valoon Town Gym to prevent your save from being corrupted by the changes to the maps). The issue with Mega Altaria is already reported in the README, and as I've said before there is no set release date for v3 yet but don't expect anything soon as I've been working very slowly on it.

Het, absolutely amazing game, I just found a few glitches that I'm not sure if you know about.

When I tried to use pp ups on play rough for my Azumarill, it took 2 of them, but the pp of the move didn't increase at all.

Also, not a glitch, but more of a suggestion, the amount of items you can store is very small, I haven't even finished the 2.5 beta and I have the item storage on the PC and my bag is almost full as well. I think item storage needs to increase to accommodate all the new items.

That's all the major issues I've found, other than that the game is great.

Also, I forgot to mention that Gallade's ability in the game is inner focus, but in the actual pokemon games his ability is steadfast. I'm not sure if that was purposely done or not, but I just wanted to give a heads up on that one.

There is a text error in the game too. In the Telmurk Swamp, there is a guy who gives you a TM and tells you that its his favorite TM, Bullet Seed. However, this TM is actually Energy Ball.

Hey.

I used a TM to teach my espeon shadow ball, however when I tried to use an ether on shadow ball after it had run out of pp, it kept saying it would have no effect. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. Hope this helps.
    I'll look into the issue with the PP Up, thanks for reporting it.

Due to hardware restraints and my need to maintain save compatibility for v3, it's unlikely either box or bag space will be expanded any time soon.

Gallade's Inner Focus is a placeholder ability until Steadfast is implemented.

The Energy Ball TM error has been fixed for v3.

I'm not sure why that issue with the Ether is happening, I'll look into it too. Thanks again.

To reiterate what I've said earlier on in this post, progress on Gaia has been virtually non-existant these past few months due to my real life becoming increasingly hectic with University applications and examinations. I've also been struggling to find much motivation to work on Gaia and I'd rather not force myself to work on it for the sake of working on it as that will likely result in a worse result. There will be a release by the end of the year but that does not mean it will be the final release or even a significant step up from v2.5. It all depends on how much I get done from now until then.

I do have some miscellaneous screenshots to show, all as a result of a recent remap I did of Sharpgust Strait. The route is now far less linear (read: a straight line), has some grass, and you can find a very handy TM there now!

Bd3KFai.png
    mlpwVd0.png
    Z6fF2mq.png

rveeen

Just another Poke Champ. I guess.
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    hey i myself cheated some on gaia after finishing it on the 3rd time. haha but seriously what was the item you bought when you found the galladite?

Yeah it's so tempting hahaha
    I think it was Gold Teeth {:3}

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2017
    So first I'd like to say thanks to ice for the greatest hack I have played. It feels like a real Pokemon game so well made. Also sorry if this has already been asked but is probopass available in this? I've tried leveling nosepass near what I think is the generator.
    Edit: I wasn't in the right area when I was trying to evolve him... Lol I'm an idiot ignore this :-D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Hi,

I cannot apply the patch.

'the patch doesn't match the file. Paching cancelled. What's wrong?

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Hi,

I cannot apply the patch.

'the patch doesn't match the file. Paching cancelled. What's wrong?

Have you tried putting 'if file is invalid' on ingore? Because i think it would be a good idea if you did that.

Spherical Ice, this is a really cool hack! I haven't played it yet, but i look forward to it!

Years
  • This hack has become a favorite of mine.

My current team is Empoleon/Talonflame/Pupitar/Dusclops/Maractus/Clefairy (with Bibarel as an HM Slave). I plan on evolving my Clefairy and Dusclops at level 50, which will happen when the next beta gets released. (And hopefully the save is compatible between this and the next version)

On a side note, I sort of wish someone could release a wild Pokemon listing. (Which Pokemon are available where) I would of got a Petilil instead of a Maractus, but the former came too late for me. Maractus isn't really that bad though surprisingly enough. Would've preferred something else, but its better than nothing I guess.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Amazing proyect. Been playing it since yesterday and just finished it today lol. So excited for the official version! Keep it up! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Back