• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • If you use an Escape Rope in Archan Tunnel, you get sent to Windmist Town.
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    There's a bug at the E4. I can't battle the 3rd member.
    She says that I have already won, but the room stay's closed
    I can't get out.
    Even though I have beaten the other 3 E4 members, the Champions chamber won't open.
    I can't trigger the battle. I've seen screenshots from the HOF. How can I avoid this bug?
    The same thing happened to me, is there anyway to avoid this bug?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2021
    My game crashed when i met my first wild pokemon, the screen turned into green. How can I fix this ? I have redownload many times
    (Sorry for my bad english)

.uo

Years
  • There's a bug at the E4. I can't battle the 3rd member.
    I can't get out.
    Even though I have beaten the other 3 E4 members, the Champions chamber won't open.
    I can't trigger the battle. I've seen screenshots from the HOF. How can I avoid this bug?

Yup, same problem here... Bah, gues new save file with new team. :D
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • I don't know if it has been mentioned but I found a couple trainers with misspelled names, one in Archan Tunnel and one in Wisp Forest.
    About sprites, Akuto's second henchman you battle has a battle sprite with no bike when he is clearly on a bike and after the battle Akuto himself has an OW sprite on his bike while he is indoors.
    Also the top of sideways stairs in the snowy parts looks kinda funny.
    I do have to say though, that, in my personal opinion, I feel like some of the reworked areas, didn't need it. Windmist City and Nestpine Climb for example, and especially some of the ones that got completely overhauled, like Telemurk City (where did the Bank go?), Precimos Island and Precimos Strait. Things like buildings that have no door and can't be entered is also something that I found stupid, even in the original games. And maybe a little too many sideways stairs. Not hating on any of these, just some constructive criticism.
    Other than that I REALLY enjoyed playing so far (I'm right before the Victory Road). I also really liked some small touches like trainers having their Pokemon in different kinds of Pokeballs.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Back when I visited Aerous City for the first time, I stumpled upon this after defeating the New Elders in the museum:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Now I'm back here after defeating Nina, and I remembered it.
    Does anyone know the password, or is it related to some side quest later on?

EDIT: How do the Hidden Grottoes work, btw? It's been a while since I visited Aerous Road, and the one over there is still empty. I tried running around Selos Village for a while to try and make its content respawn, but nothing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Please wait on downloading v3.1! There's a game breaking bug which just appeared, I'm working to fix it now. The issue has now been fixed, to confirm you have the correct version redownload from the same links and confirm it says v3.1 in the corner of the titlescreen. Apologies for the confusion!

Pokémon Gaia - Beta 3.1 Bugfix Release

Changelog

Spoiler:

Downloads

Oh my God! The beta everyone's waiting for is finally released! Kudos Spherical Ice! Congratulations man!
    Thank you!

Thanks for the release!

I noticed a bug: My lvl 21 female kirlia suddenly started evolving to Gallade.

Edit: Magic Guard Ability does not work. My clefairy takes poison damage.
    The Kirlia bug is fixed for v3.1, but I cannot recreate the Magic Guard issue. Are you sure yours isn't Cute Charm?

Halp. my ALSO (i dont think gender matters) female Kirlia started evolving to Gallade at lvl 30
    Please download v3.1 to fix this.

Nice, nice.

A bit of a shame that Combee line isn't in given my favorite bug is Vespiquen, but I'll probably check this out regardless at some point. Lots of other stuff I like is available early.
    Yeah, Combee was omitted mainly because the Vespiquen Order moves aren't in the game and I didn't really want to waste 3 valuable move slots for 1 Pokémon. Maybe future versions will have it, though!

Old save or New?
    v3.0 requires a new save. v3.1 is compatible with v3.0 saves.

This is a very small bug to report, but Rufflet's icon has these weird lines on it. It doesn't affect the gameplay at all, so it's a low priority.

EDIT:
    Found another very small bug, Gigalith has a static icon
    Thank you, both fixed in v3.1.

I haven't played this hack since 2.5 came out and I forgot just how much I missed it!!! Easily the greatest Pokemon game I have ever played. Period.

Out of curiosity (because I absolutely love it), is there a link to the Route 10 remix used in Ignis Roost?

Thank you SphericalIce for this, it was WELL worth the wait!!! Keep up the incredible work because this is absolutely amazing and it can only get better from here.
    Thank you! I don't know if someone has uploaded the Route 10 arrangement to YouTube, but I think the Unova version works fine, lol.

Congratulations on the update!
    Thank you!

Found a graphical shenanigan every time my Charmeleon learns a move:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

EDIT: A similar thing happens with Empoleon as well.
    Yeah, this seems to be a bug with the expanded palettes for icons. It has been added to the known bugs list.

With this much content, you should expect to wait a long time for it to be finished.

Anyways, congrats on the finishing the hack! Been playing and waiting for this since the first release.
    Thank you!

Hey all. So happy that this hack is out. I just wanted to ask a quick question. I'm playing this game a lot for the storyline, because I'm short on time due to lifestyle. So I tend to use rare candy cheats to level/gain money. A lot of the ones I'm used to using haven't quite been working on VBA. So two questions, is this just because of the newest version of the ROM? And what is the best emulator to play this on? I'll gladly just level my pokemon sans candied steroids if this can't be helped.
    Game Shark and Action Replay cheats will probably not work at all with Gaia due to bag expansion hack added.

This is a fantastic rom hack.
    I'm giving this one a shot soon,very amazing work!
    Awesome update. Will check later!
    Finally, had a bad morning and this cheered me up immensely. been following the hack for awhile but avoided playing it till it was "complete". and now it mostly is i'll give it a shot and see if its as good as everyone says. i expect it will be.

Congrats
    Thank you so so much Spherical for the update. This hack is easily the most polished one ver. Period!
    Thank you all!

My emulator crashes when I open the Pokedex. Any ideia why?
    I don't know. Did you patch it correctly, using the download from this website?

I'm curious. Is it possible to keep the Dusty Book in the beginning, or are you forced to give it away no matter what?
    If you say "no," the lady will challenge you to a Pokémon battle, but you have no Pokémon at that point. So, yes, you have to give it away :P

Thanks Spherical, dude this is just so awesome hack game.
    Thank you!

Good game. That Mewtwo is supposed to be Chandelure but yeah the bug is there.
    Thanks for playing, I like your team! Sorry about the Hall of Fame glitch, lol.

I'm loving the game so far! Small thing I noticed but is Jolteon supposed to be able to learn Aurora Beam?

EDIT: I also discovered that opening the Pokedex causes my ROM to crash, is that because I use NO$GBA or did I do something wrong?
    Yes, Jolteon learning Aurora Beam is intentional. As for the Pokédex crash, can you give any more specific details? I've had it reported a few times but cannot recreate it myself. Does it happen when viewing a specific Pokémon? Does it only happen in specific maps? etc.

This is my team. It was very enjoyable.
    There was definitely some good improvements made over the course of the development in the past 2 years.

Blastoise = Togekiss.
    Espeon = Delphox.
    Slowking = Greninja.
    Thanks for playing and helping out, Avatar!

ok my frillish has a horrible nature (i shouldve checked i know) is there any way i can change it? or do i have to live with it/catch a fresh one
    No, there is no way to change natures.

HELL FREAKING YEAAAAAAAHHHHH
    v3 is out! Finally, after 3 years of waiting!

I'm gonna play this so hard and so much, that i won't sleep for 3 days! Not until i finish!
    Thank you!

There's a bug at the E4. I can't battle the 3rd member.
    I can't get out.
    The same thing happened to me, is there anyway to avoid this bug?
    Yup, same problem here... Bah, gues new save file with new team. :D
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    This should be fixed in v3.1, so download and then try. Please note you will have to re-battle any Elite Four members you defeated already as a result of this fix. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Is is possible to teach my sableye will o wisp because I checked the documentation and there isn't any move tutors or tm with it?
    No, I'm afraid there's no way other than through breeding.

Super excited for this, but before I start playing I have to ask, has the Kirlia evolution bug been fixed? I always use Gardevior as a staple in my teams when possible and it would be nice to know ahead of time if female Kirlia still become Gallade.
    The Kirlia evolution bug is fixed in v3.1, and only happens if your Kirlia's friendship is at a certain level. But, yes, if you download v3.1, your save will still work and the evolution method should work as it should.

I found a bug in edashore reach ( an invisible item ) wrong position or height ( i haven't checked with advanced map cuz it mess up tiles, but if u used different height on map its probable in the wrong height 10-h3 14-h4 18-h5 ) itemfinder will point to item but cant be obtained

Some minis have small bugs ( rufflet and phantump )

Man i got no lucky with this ev thing Aerodactyl comd with 5 e and 1 s on def ( i reset and did again then i got one better)

# congrats on completing the rom (っ°^°)っ

@edit - edashore common egg is coming pichu and it's not on the list !! ( After a fell resets and none Minun) pichu had come 3 times already !!
    Thank you, the bug with the hidden item, icon sprites, and Common Egg have all been fixed. Unlucky with the Aerodactyl!

If you use an Escape Rope in Archan Tunnel, you get sent to Windmist Town.
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Thank you, this has been fixed in v3.1.

Found a bug when evolving Piloswine into Mamoswine. I learned ancient power to my Piloswine, and when evolving it at level 50 it became a level 53 Mamoswine.
    savestate View attachment 86490
    This has also been fixed in v3.1. I think it will change your Mamoswine's level now if you download to the correct level, and if not, when you next level up perhaps.

My game crashed when i met my first wild pokemon, the screen turned into green. How can I fix this ? I have redownload many times
    (Sorry for my bad english)
    It seems like you're patching incorrectly. Try finding a different base FireRed ROM.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but I found a couple trainers with misspelled names, one in Archan Tunnel and one in Wisp Forest.
    I assume this refers to Georg and Dmitri. Both (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitri) are real names, albeit uncommon spellings.
    About sprites, Akuto's second henchman you battle has a battle sprite with no bike when he is clearly on a bike and after the battle Akuto himself has an OW sprite on his bike while he is indoors.
    This is fair, added to the known bugs list.
    Also the top of sideways stairs in the snowy parts looks kinda funny.
    I suppose, I don't think it's worth new tiles personally.
    I do have to say though, that, in my personal opinion, I feel like some of the reworked areas, didn't need it. Windmist City and Nestpine Climb for example, and especially some of the ones that got completely overhauled, like Telemurk City (where did the Bank go?), Precimos Island and Precimos Strait. Things like buildings that have no door and can't be entered is also something that I found stupid, even in the original games. And maybe a little too many sideways stairs. Not hating on any of these, just some constructive criticism.
    Thank you for the honest feedback! Personally, I prefer all of the new maps. As for the Bank, it was removed because it simply did not feel like it could be made interesting in any meaningful way.
    Other than that I REALLY enjoyed playing so far (I'm right before the Victory Road). I also really liked some small touches like trainers having their Pokemon in different kinds of Pokeballs.
    Thank you for playing, and being honest with your feedback!

Back when I visited Aerous City for the first time, I stumpled upon this after defeating the New Elders in the museum:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Now I'm back here after defeating Nina, and I remembered it.
    Does anyone know the password, or is it related to some side quest later on?
    This is simply a small easter egg for members of another community I'm in: it just leads to a room with a Trainer battle with a team of around level 60s. But, no, it's not important for the story in any way.

EDIT: How do the Hidden Grottoes work, btw? It's been a while since I visited Aerous Road, and the one over there is still empty. I tried running around Selos Village for a while to try and make its content respawn, but nothing.
    Hidden Grottos do not regenerate in Gaia yet, but this functionality will likely be added at some point in a future release.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Pokémon Gaia - Beta 3.1 Bugfix Release

Changelog

Spoiler:

Downloads

I have another one for v3.2, the Kanto Starter that you can get in Sabulo Island after the events related to the New Elders and Regirock has incorrect met information.
    It should say "Met in Sabulo Island".
    Pokémon Gaia Version

EDIT: Actually, I think the issue is that Sabulo Island lacks its own map name..?
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:
    Years
  • Please wait on downloading v3.1! There's a game breaking bug which just appeared, I'm working to fix it now.

EDIT: This has now been fixed. Using the same download link, it should be fine now. To make sure you have the correct version, check the titlescreen. If it still says v3.0, you're on the wrong version. If it says v3.1, it will be fine (except for the normal bugs on the list).

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Please wait on downloading v3.1! There's a game breaking bug which just appeared, I'm working to fix it now.

EDIT: This has now been fixed. Using the same download link, it should be fine now. To make sure you have the correct version, check the titlescreen. If it still says v3.0, you're on the wrong version. If it says v3.1, it will be fine (except for the normal bugs on the list).
    I just downloaded the pokemon_gaia_v3.1.ups patch, applied it to a clean Pokémon Fire Red v1.0 ROM, but the titlescreen still says v3.0

Years
  • I just downloaded the pokemon_gaia_v3.1.ups patch, applied it to a clean Pokémon Fire Red v1.0 ROM, but the titlescreen still says v3.0
    It might take a while for the changes to propagate. Try downloading again, or try the mirror at sphericalice.com?

Last edited:
    Back