• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    Hey, Im completely new here and I want to thank u for this great tool.
    Im coming from austria and Im working on a GERMAN rom hack for a bit of time now and its really fun.
    My problem is that i need german inis for the english rom hack tools (Pokemon Fire red german). I would make it by myself but i dont know how to :( I dont know how to find the offsets for the Pokemon names, Attack names, move names, etc... Can please somebody help me?
    Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    Hi, I'm really new to the whole hacking/ROM scene and was wondering if there was any way to integrate the physical/special split from Gen IV using this. If so, how do I do it? If someone would rather shoot me a PM then reply that works for me just really need to know. I hate trying to play these games without the split. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Hi, I'm really new to the whole hacking/ROM scene and was wondering if there was any way to integrate the physical/special split from Gen IV using this. If so, how do I do it? If someone would rather shoot me a PM then reply that works for me just really need to know. I hate trying to play these games without the split. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Not with this tool, but it can be done here.

Years
  • After expanding the Pokedex on FireRed, occasionally when adding movesets to expanded Pokes either:
    a) the ROM becomes unplayable (loops after credits)
    or
    b) an expanded Poke's sprite data becomes corrupted and viewing it in the game causes the game to crash.

Are there any fixes to this? I am using offsets suggested by the program to add my new movesets into, btw. Though I do use the option for clearing old data with FF

sword

LETS HACK.
    Years
  • The program is not starting its not responding

I want to ask that if I need any other software or how to fix it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    Hello Mr. karatekid552,

I am a not very experienced in modding and editing script. It's been awhile since I've had pretty cool ideas for new Pokemon and your program seems perfect for this.
    So, Is there like a tutorial I can read or watch, about how to add more Pokemon? I've read your PDF and to be honest, I don't understand too much of it. If anyone can help me out, I will be very grateful.

Thank you,
    drzoidberg125

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • Hello Mr. karatekid552,

I am a not very experienced in modding and editing script. It's been awhile since I've had pretty cool ideas for new Pokemon and your program seems perfect for this.
    So, Is there like a tutorial I can read or watch, about how to add more Pokemon? I've read your PDF and to be honest, I don't understand too much of it. If anyone can help me out, I will be very grateful.

Thank you,
    drzoidberg125

Take a look at the threads with the 'Tutorials' tag under the Tools, Tutorials & Resources thread of the ROM hacking section.

ArminRocks1442

Wooper is Badass!!
    Years
  • Hey there KarateKid. Your tool works great. But sometimes it errors. On pokemon emerald and sapphire it works great. I can change names and everything BUT for some 'mons, the pokedex entrie shows /x or x (I can't remember, maybe it was \x) and when I save all, it errors about offsets related to the pokedex entrie #1. The other features work perfectly. As for Fire red (I think my version isn't good. I can't use A-Tack on it either. It says "REGISTEEL" for some reason). When I load my rom, Infinite errors. Ini fixer? Still errors. I don't know if you'll answer my questions. P.s. I did read the errors. I just didn't understand them.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Take a look at the threads with the 'Tutorials' tag under the Tools, Tutorials & Resources thread of the ROM hacking section.

Nobody wrote any tutorial about the expansion with G3HS tho.
    Btw, i never told you this but for some reason, your posts looks like this, in the browser i'm using at least xD

ON:
    Err.. I don't know if i ever asked this but Karatekid,
    does the Expansion works with Windows XP?
    Because whenever i click in the Expand button, the tool crashes, it doesn't throw any error.. it just.. crashes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Is their a way to expand the pokedex after you have already expanded it once. I did not account for the other unown and the missingno between the hoenn and kanto/johto's pokedex

Years
  • Well, I have this problem:
    After expanding pokemon and pokedex entries, edit each pokemon adding stats, moves and habitats (only one repoint) and pokedex order for some of them; the game crashes after catching one of these new pokemon added with the national pokedex enabled from start, with regional pokedex it doesn't happen.
    Any fix for this please help, thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      34.5 KB · Views: 32
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      24.8 KB · Views: 28
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2015
    Failed to load image from file "Resources/Icon.png". What is wrong... I have checked old posts too! And im on a mac... if that helps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    I have no intention of derailing this thread but, does anyone have a working link to a gen4 TRAINER EDiTING tool so i can edit trainers and gym leaders/elite4 in platinum?

Back