• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Spoiler:

Clicking on the number of replies in a thread (encircled in red above) will pop-up a page that lists all the users who have posted in the thread + how many posts they have made in the same thread.

You learn something new every day. Thanks Zeff :D

I'll get to you one day.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't been watching the anime too much lately, either; it's been about six months already since I had last seen an episode. x_x; Been planning to get back, but I'm just not sure where I should begin.

Years
Hmm, I'm kind of in the same boat, having only seen one new episode since sometime in 2012. I'd like to get back into the anime, but the one episode that I did see (Ash beating Viola to get the Bug Badge) didn't really interest me, so I don't know if I'd end up keeping up with it anyway.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I don't really remember the last Pokemon anime episode I've watched. I probably won't start watching it again, too.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Anime is just becoming so downtrodden. You guys should seriously try out the X&Y episodes, they might change your mind.

The X&Y games have already done their part in mind-changing, too!

Years
X and Y had that nice nostalgic feel with all the Kanto pokemon that where so abundant.
I've heard a few good things about xy anime, I'll try to catch it whenever I can frequent a few episodes in a row

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I started watching it again when the X/Y episodes started, but lost interest quickly. I'm not super into anime anyways, and I suppose even when I am, pokémon isn't quite in my genre :)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
X and Y had that nice nostalgic feel with all the Kanto pokemon that where so abundant.
I've heard a few good things about xy anime, I'll try to catch it whenever I can frequent a few episodes in a row

I like it but it doesn't have the nostalgic feeling of Pokémon when it first aired.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I started watching it again when the X/Y episodes started, but lost interest quickly. I'm not super into anime anyways, and I suppose even when I am, pokémon isn't quite in my genre :)

XY had a strong beginning but died down into a filler marathon for around ten episodes in a row. It picks back up though starting at XY018.

I'm not super into anime also, but Pokémon is definitely in my genre :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
XY had a strong beginning but died down into a filler marathon for around ten episodes in a row. It picks back up though starting at XY018.

I'm not super into anime also, but Pokémon is definitely in my genre :P
Hmmm maybe I should pick it up again then! I'm sort of sad that I didn't stick with the Hoenn and Sinnoh anime, because I actually am interested in seeing the "plot" unfold at the end of those. I've heard the Sinnoh one with Galactic was actually decent.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hoenn was great; I remember watching every single episode of it when the series were still an ongoing thing. Sinnoh wasn't so bad, either, but haven't found it to be as enjoyable as former. As for Black and White, well… it was actually pretty bland. :( Compared to other seasons, it seriously lacked excitement and suspense. It also didn't have much comedy, either, unfortunately.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Hmmm maybe I should pick it up again then! I'm sort of sad that I didn't stick with the Hoenn and Sinnoh anime, because I actually am interested in seeing the "plot" unfold at the end of those. I've heard the Sinnoh one with Galactic was actually decent.
The Team Galactic episodes were spread throughout the entire series but if you watched them all in a row, they are really enjoyable. The conclusion was unexpected, especially since some certain events never occurred in any other episode. Team Aqua/Magma weren't as well done as Galactic but it gets interesting for a couple episodes once they obtain Groudon and Kyogre.
Hoenn was great; I remember watching every single episode of it when the series were still an ongoing thing. Sinnoh wasn't so bad, either, but haven't found it to be as enjoyable as former. As for Black and White, well… it was actually pretty bland. :( Compared to other seasons, it seriously lacked excitement and suspense. It also didn't have much comedy, either, unfortunately.
Sinnoh is arguably Ash's best season for development. He would have had a good chance at winning the league if it weren't for Tobias and his hax (most annoying league character ever, along with Cameron :P). Hoenn was good but there were so many boring fillers in between significant episodes (except Battle Frontier, which was full of great episodes). At least with DP, there weren't as many fillers in between (and there were more significant episodes). BW was a lot like OS but with a lot less humor. Little character development and a lot of having fun instead of serious training.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The Team Galactic episodes were spread throughout the entire series but if you watched them all in a row, they are really enjoyable. The conclusion was unexpected, especially since some certain events never occurred in any other episode. Team Aqua/Magma weren't as well done as Galactic but it gets interesting for a couple episodes once they obtain Groudon and Kyogre.
Sinnoh is arguably Ash's best season for development. He would have had a good chance at winning the league if it weren't for Tobias and his hax (most annoying league character ever, along with Cameron :P). Hoenn was good but there were so many boring fillers in between significant episodes (except Battle Frontier, which was full of great episodes). At least with DP, there weren't as many fillers in between (and there were more significant episodes). BW was a lot like OS but with a lot less humor. Little character development and a lot of having fun instead of serious training.

I think BW had some boring fillers along the way, too. idk why but the gym battles were totally lacklustre.
Battle Frontier was awesome too, especially against the last frontier brain, Brandon. I guess anime is mostly judged upon Ash's important battles.

Years
I was at least happy that each member of Ash's Unova team got at least one Gym Battle during the region's saga, even though some fared better than others. I admitted that leading up to the Icirrus Gym episode I thought Scraggy wasn't going to get a Gym role at all, but they gave it to him there.

However, it was after that episode that I went on hiatus from the anime. Again. And if I want to catch up on the X/Y episodes (and any Unova episodes after the Icirrus Gym) I'd rather do it through an online streaming service since the Pokemon anime is handled badly on TV where I am, in fact what I'm seeing right now is boring reruns of Sinnoh/Unova that I have already watched.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I think they might stream XY episodes around here next year. They don't really get the latest around here, so I'm heavily dependent on online streaming sites to get the stuff. And I don't really appreciate it when Best Wishes is halfway done and they just start up the DP Galactic Battle series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back