• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I think they might stream XY episodes around here next year. They don't really get the latest around here, so I'm heavily dependent on online streaming sites to get the stuff. And I don't really appreciate it when Best Wishes is halfway done and they just start up the DP Galactic Battle series.

Here in Australia where I am, Eleven (which is a sister channel of Ten) has been badly handling the Pokemon anime in my opinion. They only recently finished airing the third and final BW season, Adventures In Unova and now they've gone back to airing Rival Destinies again.

Given it usually took them around a year after the US to air a new season, it seems like they won't be airing the XY series until 2015 at this rate. That's what caused me to give up on them and turn to online streaming sites. I hate being delayed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I honestly have no idea what pokémon season airs on Swedish TV now. I think none, actually. Which is definitely a pity. I only watch it online, in Japanese with English subs.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Me too, actually. The problem being that even though Pokémon just entered worldwide, I don't think they have much influence other than in North America and Japan. Hopefully in time that would increase. I usually watch the anime before I play the games, so I was hoping I'd get a few nitbits in the anime of XY so that I can really enjoy the game elements of the same Pokémon.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think that outside of Asia, and English-speaking countries, Pokemon is biggest in Italy. Could be wrong, but I know they still air it over there and it's pretty hyped. Though, when X and Y first started airing, there was a video of character voices in all of the different languages, and X and Y is dubbed in at least 15 different languages so far.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    France and Germany being a close second? Idk really, because I really don't see many Italians around here lol

But then if what you say is true, then I guess Europe must be the third most popular place, huh?

Years
  • It's tough to tell with some of the foreign language countries as to how popular it really is, as you don't see too many of their inhabitants showing up on places like PC, where 90% of the memberbase's primary language is English. I wouldn't doubt that France has a fairly large Pokemon fanbase though, as they do a lot of media related stuff there, and as mentioned by this thread, they're even opening up a temporary Pokemon Center in Paris.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, that's true. I've heard of Spanish and Italian Pokémon forums too. Although it might be hard to differentiate Australian and United Kingdom fans from the American ones tbqh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    90%? I thought us non-Englishers were more abundant than that here, actually :)

But yeah, I see the games in stores everywhere still and everybody knows what pokémon is so it's certainly still a popular franchise here in Scandinavia, just not the very biggest among people of my age perhaps.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The problem here being, nobody here is a Nintendo dork. I don't think anybody actually wholeheartedly plays a bunch of games on the DS or the 3DS. Probably the reason they don't sell here :\

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • The problem here being, nobody here is a Nintendo dork. I don't think anybody actually wholeheartedly plays a bunch of games on the DS or the 3DS. Probably the reason they don't sell here :\

Up until 2 years ago I have never owned anything (game related) that was not Nintendo. For nearly all my life I always played a Nintendo product.

Years
  • Yeah, that's true. I've heard of Spanish and Italian Pokémon forums too. Although it might be hard to differentiate Australian and United Kingdom fans from the American ones tbqh.

From what I know based on what I've seen here, I know that the British and Australian fanbases are pretty solid. Not too big but also not too small, although here in Australia where I'm from I think there are more fans that are kids compared to people of my age which is kinda annoying to me.

Feels like Australian Pokefans often grow out of it when they hit the teens or something, but I know certain somebodies here at PC who still managed to stay Pokefans when they hit their 20's like I did.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I ran into a couple of Spanish Pokémon forums before, but haven't bothered joining; although I'm Mexican, I'm just not too familiar with the language aside from maybe only a word or two. :( Aside from these, I've seen a few Japanese ones, too; their designs were just adorable!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    From what I know based on what I've seen here, I know that the British and Australian fanbases are pretty solid. Not too big but also not too small, although here in Australia where I'm from I think there are more fans that are kids compared to people of my age which is kinda annoying to me.

Feels like Australian Pokefans often grow out of it when they hit the teens or something, but I know certain somebodies here at PC who still managed to stay Pokefans when they hit their 20's like I did.

I think that's common everywhere; I have a Pikachu purse and often people will compliment me on it and then talk about how they used to like Pokemon back in the day.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I have a Pikachu purse and often people will compliment me on it and then talk about how they used to like Pokemon back in the day.

Omg o:
    Are you alright with showing us? :D Never really seen that much Pokemon merchandise besides plushies and a few Pikachu bags.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Omg o:
    Are you alright with showing us? :D Never really seen that much Pokemon merchandise besides plushies and a few Pikachu bags.

Warning: big picture

Spoiler:

I've had this purse as long as I can remember and it's worn, frayed, and dirty but Pikachu stays.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Warning: big picture

Spoiler:

I've had this purse as long as I can remember and it's worn, frayed, and dirty but Pikachu stays.

Oh my. That's...pretty cute for a purse, really. I should really get some Pokemon merch already ;_;

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think that the people who played the first Pokémon games would have probably moved on with their lives, so it isn't a wonder much of the fanbase are kids. I guess the problem being that the newer fans aren't accustomed to the older games, and the older fans aren't accustomed to the newer games.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • I like the new games, I just suck at remembering the newer pokemon names, and slip up on typing at times. It's nearly cost me a few battles

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Warning: big picture

Spoiler:

Ohhhhh my gosh that design is adorable! I wish that was my purse!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back