• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeskyJoltik

EPICLY HAPPY
Years
What if Pokemons are real, what Pokemon will you catch first?

What if pokemons are real?! What Pokemon will you catch first?!
I Would catch Charmander, since Charmander has been my favorite starter pokemon and I always
choose him as my starter in some Pokemon Games and it also evolves to Charizard! And it can also fly! We would go to any country and catch more pokemons! That would be EPIC!

Reply what Pokemon you want to catch first! Go Charizard!
RAWWWRR!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This depends on if you mean that pokémon became real in our world all of a sudden, or if we were in the pokémon world. It also depends on where you are, right? Because Charmander maybe won't live near my city even though I'd like to catch it. Not really their climate.

So what your question seems to be is "what is your favorite pokémon/what pokémon would you most want to have". Since it's a bit confusing, I'll move this topic over to the Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat thread so that we can branch out and clarify what you mean without restrictions ;)

-merged

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
most beautiful Legendary Bird Pokémon

by design, what do you think is the most beautiful Legendary Bird Pokémon? Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres,

my Answer... Moltres & Articuno are neck and neck and was a hard decision to make, but Articuno

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is a bit too narrow, sorry. Choosing from three pokémon based on only one parameter doesn't even give the posters much to expand their answers on. I have a hunch most will reply Articuno anyways :z

Maybe make a thread to be about what is the most beautiful pokémon of all? Or what is our favorite legendary of all legendaries, based on any parameters?

As for this thread, I'll move it to the Pokémon General Chit-Chat thread so that we can talk about it still if we feel like it!

-merged

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Moltres.

I really like the streak of flames that extend across its entire wingspan. Moltres has a fairly plain pattern but orange is my favorite color.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Out of the three legendary bird Pokémon, Articuno would have to be the most beautiful. Its feathers are silky and extremely shiny, and its tail is quite ribbon-like, which I'm a big fan of! Plus, Articuno is entirely blue. And blue is one of my favorite color. The most beautiful Pokémon of all, though, would probably have to be Ninetales. It's got a fluffy-looking crest above its head, its legs are pretty long, it has a small, cute nose, and it also has a pair of eyes that are small as well. Both of its eyes are red, which fits the color scheme of its whole body just perfectly! Legend has it that with the help of its eyes, it can hypnotize and control the mind of almost anybody. Isn't that interesting?

Years
NOO not me I'm not busy :< I kind of want to wait for the sequel, because I've only ever bought sequels to the main series games (Platinum and Black 2 - HeartGold doesn't count I guess). I wonder if they're going to ever bring back walking Pokemon... would be cool to have puny Pikachu sprite running behind you - now that I think about it, it's probably impossible now that everything's 3D and less abstract.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm finished with the game (well, not completely finished—only finished with the story), so I'm not as busy with it as I used to be. When I first gotten a hold of Pokémon Y, I've played it for nearly six straight hours. I haven't played video games for that long in ages. xD The storyline of this game was a bit shorter than I expected though, so I was a little disappointed about that. It would've been awesome if they had continued the story even after you were done with defeating the champion and elite four, similarly to Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

As far as the anime goes—I'm looking forward to see it, but I'm not exactly sure if I'll be keeping up with it. :( I've stopped being a regular watcher of the anime about four to five years ago, as I have lost my interest in it completely.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
NOO not me I'm not busy :< I kind of want to wait for the sequel, because I've only ever bought sequels to the main series games (Platinum and Black 2 - HeartGold doesn't count I guess). I wonder if they're going to ever bring back walking Pokemon... would be cool to have puny Pikachu sprite running behind you - now that I think about it, it's probably impossible now that everything's 3D and less abstract.
You didn't play the first BW? From what I've seen, they were pretty different, not just like D/P and Platinum. Different story, pokémon etc. But it's your choice :3

Also yeah I'd want pokémon to be running after you again! That was a great add to HG/SS imo.

I'm finished with the game (well, not completely finished—only finished with the story), so I'm not as busy with it as I used to be. When I first gotten a hold of Pokémon Y, I've played it for nearly six straight hours. I haven't played video games for that long in ages. xD The storyline of this game was a bit shorter than I expected though, so I was a little disappointed about that. It would've been awesome if they had continued the story even after you were done with defeating the champion and elite four, similarly to Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

As far as the anime goes—I'm looking forward to see it, but I'm not exactly sure if I'll be keeping up with it. :( I've stopped being a regular watcher of the anime about four to five years ago, as I have lost my interest in it completely.
You finished it that fast? I want to play games as slowly as possible, usually, to really enjoy them and find all little secrets. It is nice with some more story after the game is "completed" :/ I hope there's stuff to do still after the E4? Just not main story perhaps.

I haven't been a regular watcher of the anime in ages either. It's just not my thing anymore ^^ But once upon a time, that and the TCG was what brought me into pokémon.

Years
I won't be getting X and Y for another few months so I'll kill some time by doing more playthroughs of the postgame on my Black 2 version before I get ready for Kalos. My Black 2 team is actually quite strong I gotta say, but I usually have been quite addicted to the PWT Rental Battles lately.

I've like, played every paired version and "third" version from Gens 3-5. While I sadly have to wait months before I can even get my X and Y games, at least it will take me time to learn the new mechanics so that I'm fully prepared for when I do start my Kalos adventure.

Years
I've often wondered how people manage to finish the games so fast as well- I'd rather take my time trying to beat it, so the experience lasts me longer than if I'd rushed through. I haven't even gotten my second gym badge in Y yet, and I'm forcing myself to not play so I don't finish too quickly.

And I can't say that I really care either way about the anime at this point in my life, as I could probably count on one hand how many episodes I've seen since the beginning of the Hoenn arc. I might watch the first episode just like I have with the other new regions, but beyond that, the anime just doesn't do it for me any more.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hah over here we come to brag about how much of a Pokéfan are we XD

I just wished I had more consoles than emulators to play in, I really want to grasp a 3DS and play X&Y right now. But I try to keep up with everything regardless, and I've played all the games before X&Y save for most of them in emulators.

On another note, I've read the Pokémon Special (Adventures) upto Hoenn fully too. We need more manga talk around here XD

Years
I've often wondered how people manage to finish the games so fast as well- I'd rather take my time trying to beat it, so the experience lasts me longer than if I'd rushed through. I haven't even gotten my second gym badge in Y yet, and I'm forcing myself to not play so I don't finish too quickly.

And I can't say that I really care either way about the anime at this point in my life, as I could probably count on one hand how many episodes I've seen since the beginning of the Hoenn arc. I might watch the first episode just like I have with the other new regions, but beyond that, the anime just doesn't do it for me any more.

I recall the shortest time I ever completed the main story of a Pokemon game was Black, which took me 13 days. Only one day short of a fortnight, but I did play for continuous hours on one day which was October 1st, 2011 when I got the game for my 19th birthday. I had literally earned the first three Gym Badges in that one day.

Years
Hikari10 said:
I recall the shortest time I ever completed the main story of a Pokemon game was Black, which took me 13 days. Only one day short of a fortnight, but I did play for continuous hours on one day which was October 1st, 2011 when I got the game for my 19th birthday. I had literally earned the first three Gym Badges in that one day.
I think I finished Platinum in a little over three weeks as my fastest first playthrough of a game, but that was just because I got bored with it quickly and wanted to finish it just to say I did. I know that if I wanted to, I could easily finish Y by the end of the week by playing for hours at a time, though I'm more than happy going through at this relaxed pace (though, it does mean I'll still be dodging spoilers for a few more weeks, anyway).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I think I finished Platinum in a little over three weeks as my fastest first playthrough of a game, but that was just because I got bored with it quickly and wanted to finish it just to say I did. I know that if I wanted to, I could easily finish Y by the end of the week by playing for hours at a time, though I'm more than happy going through at this relaxed pace (though, it does mean I'll still be dodging spoilers for a few more weeks, anyway).

If you know the game, you can finish it lightning fast (especially when you do it with just one Pokémon and a batch of HM Slaves) and that was the case for me when I beat the game with my level 100 Kadabra. I had to teach it TMs to beat Sidney, however. Took half a week and another day for the finish, I estimate.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
My problem with X is that I have to catch every Pokémon at a location before I can advance, so I'll spend an hour or two catching Pokémon at every Route/Cave/wherever. I got the game on Saturday and I just reached Coumarine City (fourth Gym badge) for the first time tonight.

So, is everyone busy playing the new games now? :p Or are you maybe more excited for the anime?
How about both? As excited about the new anime as I am, I'm actually looking more forward to Wobbuffet returning rather than the actual XY series xD

Out of plain curiosity, can someone give me a rundown of this new anime about red? I haven't heard much, being a simple English man.

It's called Pokémon Origins. All I know is that it's based off of the classic Red/Green Version games and has a different art style (and possibly different voice actors for Brock, Oak, etc.). Red battles the Gym Leaders to earn his badges, challenges the Elite Four, and also antagonizes Team Rocket. It's only four episodes long but it looks really interesting. The U.S. dub airs on November 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back