• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Really! Didn't know DeviantArt had users that make costumes i'm definitely going to try there thanks. Any others you would recommend?

Years
I'm not sure if you're looking for a costume or just something similar to what Giovanni wears, but a good place to look might be Etsy. I haven't had a look myself, but I know a lot of people make costumes for cosplayers over there, so it might be worth a look.

And this doesn't quite need its own thread, but I'll move this over to our Questions and Chit-Chat thead in case anyone else has suggestions for you.

MOVED.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Really! Didn't know DeviantArt had users that make costumes i'm definitely going to try there thanks. Any others you would recommend?
Sadly no, I've never commissioned anyone to make me a costume. But I'm sure you can find some great people to make your Giovanni. If you find someone you're interested in, you can always look at the outfits they've posted and look at the comments, the person who commissioned the piece usually comments and expresses their opinion on it. If there's mostly positive comments you've probably got a good seamstress/tailor or whatever you'd call them. Hahah.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'd recommend Etsy before DeviantArt, personally.

Also, eBay has a lot of cosplay and costume designers on there.

However, Etsy has more English speakers, and so communication with them would be tons easier.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Good Youtube usernames that are Pokemon related?

Well right now i have gone through a couple of names and i cant seem to find the one i want... i want basically a pokemon based channel that i can do walkthroughs and other games. i also want something catchy like marriland!
please pokemon fans!!
i need your help!!

Years
Maybe you could give us a little bit of an idea of what some of the Pokemon, moves, types, etc. you like are? Then at least the name will feel a little more personal, and give people something to work with.

And this doesn't quite need a thread of its own, but I will move it over to the Quick Question and Chit-Chat thread for you, so people can give you their ideas if they have any.

MOVED.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'd never tried it either, so I just tried taking a Charizard and Snorlax to Mt. Silver a few minutes ago. They didn't do anything strange, and when I talked to them, the only messages I got when I talked to them were "Charizard is sensing something..." "Charizard let out a roar!" and "Charizard looked off into the distance and barked!" I got these same messages with other Pokemon like Gengar and Rhydon too, so maybe it only happens the first time you face Red?

I don't know. It should say stuff like "Charizard is sensing something..." or "Charizard is feeling a presence..." or something of the sort. It was true for Pikachu and Snorlax, at least.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well right now i have gone through a couple of names and i cant seem to find the one i want... i want basically a pokemon based channel that i can do walkthroughs and other games. i also want something catchy like marriland!
please pokemon fans!!
i need your help!!
Hmm, if I didn't already have the coolest punny pokémon username as my alt account here, I'd reccomend that, haha. But now I don't really know.

I don't know. It should say stuff like "Charizard is sensing something..." or "Charizard is feeling a presence..." or something of the sort. It was true for Pikachu and Snorlax, at least.
Are you talking HG/SS or G/S/C now?

Years
I just used Charizard's name as an example- my Snorlax reacted in the exact same way, too. I've never used a Pikachu in HeartGold though, so I might have to try getting one at some point and testing it out to see how it reacts in front of Red.

Are you talking HG/SS or G/S/C now?
HeartGold and SoulSilver- Pokemon can't follow you around in the originals.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, I didn't know you meant when you spoke to the pokémon :3 Haven't played HG/SS, as you might understand.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Hey thanks you guys for the help with my Giovanni costume. I wanted some good news before I came back and I found a costume designer on Etsy. They have good reviews so i'm confident about it. Thanks again!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Stumbled on this earlier and thought it was pretty funny. It reminds me a bit of that image that went around a few years ago about Gold/Ethan.

Link:
HG/SS Parody
Haha, lovely xD I totally know what they mean, but I actually like Gold's new design better than his old. Especially in the pokéspe manga :3 I mean, he was funny and cute as a youngster with shorts in earlier volumes, but in HG/SS, he's once again droolable ahaha.

Gold_Design.jpg

In the games, I actually prefer the new design in other ways too. I just happen to like his bag and shirt better, I guess. Even though his pants are a bit half-bad ;p But shorts aint much better imo so that's why.

Years
What's the deal with flying type?
I mean it's always a dual type either with normal type or any other. What is the point of this?
I'm not sure about gen 6, but through 5 gens and like 15 years there is only 1 pure flying type mon. Why?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, I guess they thought flying was more of an aspect than a full fledged type in ways, but still wanted to attribute it to certain moves and give pokémon ground immunity and such. Imo, all the birds who are listed as Flying/Normal should be pure Flying though :/ Except for Doduo and Dodrio, it makes sense to give them Normal type. Imo they shouldn't even be listed as Flying.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hmm… tough question. I don't know; in order for a Pokémon to be considered pure flying, maybe it had to be completely made of air, which they probably couldn't think of an idea for? d: The only pure flying-type Pokémon we ever had is Tornadus. It sort of fits the requisite, but not exactly, though, as the top part of its body has a human/animal-like form.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
But that's like saying all Grass pokémon should be entirely plant-based. Which a lot of them clearly aren't. Like Treecko, Chesnaught etc.

Years
Hmm… tough question. I don't know; in order for a Pokémon to be considered pure flying, maybe it had to be completely made of air, which they probably couldn't think of an idea for? d: The only pure flying-type Pokémon we ever had is Tornadus. It sort of fits the requisite, but not exactly, though, as the top part of its body has a human/animal-like form.

I remember when everyone thought we'd never get a pure-Flying Pokemon but we did eventually get one in Tornadus as you mentioned, if you don't count Sky Plate Arceus. And then again, most Flying-types we've had so far were based on birds and other creatures with wings. Some think a Pokemon has to look like something that would represent its type best, but then again we always get the odd variety every now and then of a Pokemon with a type that doesn't really go with its appearance, like Inkay and Malamar. They are Dark/Psychic-types yet don't really look the part, being a squid and all. Their appearance at first glance would scream Water, and don't forget Dunsparce too. The thing almost looks like it'd be a Ground-type imo but it's a Normal-type. And not every Water-type is based on a sea creature or some sort of animal that spends life in water.

But that's like saying all Grass pokémon should be entirely plant-based. Which a lot of them clearly aren't. Like Treecko, Chesnaught etc.

Yeah, Treecko and Chesnaught are some of the biggest examples of Grass-types that lack a plant-based feature but then again most Grass-types are green in color or have a plant-based feature so it's usually easy to spot them. And we also have some Fire-types that don't have visible flames on them, like Tepig, Pignite, Torchic, Combusken, Vulpix, Ninetales, and even Fennekin's entire evolution line, however Braixen and Delphox use twigs like wands that light up with flames when they perform attacks.

Years
Flying by itself isn't very special though. Rock-types are rocky. Fire-types are hot or actually on fire. Fighting-types are muscle-y and strong. Flying-types... fly. There's not much you can attribute to flying so they probably figured it was best to make them all dual types at first and let the other type be the star of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back