• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ahahah Brendan, I didn't see that was you because your avatar is so different from your usual ones :p

And OKAY if we are dipping into the topic of anime soundtracks, I'm wondering something. There are three songs I consider being the most beautiful from the pokémon movies. They are on par with and even better than many songs from bigger movies. But which one of them do you think is the very best?

Tears of Life: (Mewtwo Strikes Back)
    Spoiler:

Lugia's Song: (Pokémon 2000)
    Spoiler:

Oracion: (Rise of Darkrai)
    Spoiler:

Personally I think Lugia's Song might be one of the most beautiful pieces ever written for a movie :') Especially the intro and outro.

Lugia's Song would have to be my most favorite. When I first heard it in Pokémon 2000, I almost cried—it made me feel very emotional. xD" Tears of Life is my second favorite, and Oracion's the third.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • All of the anime music is amazing ;__; I really like the theme from BW Rival Destinies and all AG except from Advanced.

Going with the music topic, I'm switching from the anime to the spin-off games with a jam from XD:

Rumba of Love
    Spoiler:

I've listened to the whole 30 mins so many times...

Years
  • It should be in the forum splash
    Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.
    Well, the voting tournament is going to stop occupying PVP's splash once the month's over and we'll need something to occupy that space...

Lugia's Song: (Pokémon 2000)
    Spoiler:

Personally I think Lugia's Song might be one of the most beautiful pieces ever written for a movie :') Especially the intro and outro.

Lugia's Song would have to be my most favorite. When I first heard it in Pokémon 2000, I almost cried—it made me feel very emotional. xD
    I love both of you... almost as much as I love Lugia's Song xD.

It's easily my favorite musical piece from any part of the anime, and the only bit of Pokemon music I know (well... knew) how to play on the piano. In fact, it's probably one of the biggest reasons that Pokemon 2000 is my favorite of the movies.

Wobbu

Years
  • In honor of the FireRed and LeafGreen soundtrack being released on iTunes in North America and Europe today, and to continue the music topic, what are everyone's favorite tracks from FireRed and LeafGreen? I really like the S.S. Anne and Sevii Isles themes. I just realized that the Sevii Isles theme is a remix of Route 42 from G/S/C earlier this year... I can't believe that after playing G/S/C/HG/SS for so long I never noticed how similar they sounded.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aaaw Brendan ilu2

Actually, I didn't like the music from FR/LG at all, haha. That was the worst thing about those two games for me. The classic R/B/Y music with some kind of R/S soundfont yet... not as great as the music from Hoenn. Idk, I was disappointed :3

Aah, I just realized something. The beginning three tones from Lugia's song are really popular ones. Anyone seen Hunger Games? The whistling noise Katniss does reminds me a lot of the start of Lugia's song. And I can also let you know that the menu tune in the PS3 game The Last Of Us consists of those exact three tones too. Like, whoa. IT'S A SIGN well not really, I've just got a too musical brain. These tones are beautiful, nevertheless.

Last edited:

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    I might just pick those up, as I love instrumental soundtracks and the like. The only pokemon soundtracks I have are the First Movie CD, and a 2 Be a Master tape

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have youtube and the world is open to me. I often listen on the gen IV soundtrack on youtube when I study. The route and city music from Sinnoh are soothing.

Wobbu

Years
  • I don't own any soundtracks but if I were to buy one it would definitely be the XY soundtrack. There's a YouTube video that has almost every track from XY in it, which I've listened to many times :P Similar to Adventure, I sometimes listen to Pokémon music on YouTube while studying, usually XY or Colosseum/XD music.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I might just pick those up, as I love instrumental soundtracks and the like. The only pokemon soundtracks I have are the First Movie CD, and a 2 Be a Master tape

Those two soundtracks are my most favorite. <3 I also like Black/White's music as well, it's music to my ears :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In honor of the FireRed and LeafGreen soundtrack being released on iTunes in North America and Europe today, and to continue the music topic, what are everyone's favorite tracks from FireRed and LeafGreen? I really like the S.S. Anne and Sevii Isles themes. I just realized that the Sevii Isles theme is a remix of Route 42 from G/S/C earlier this year... I can't believe that after playing G/S/C/HG/SS for so long I never noticed how similar they sounded.

Gym Leader music would have to be one of my favorites. I don't know what, but something about it just makes me feel hyped and motivated. Haha. Cinnabar Island theme is my favorite as well. I love how cheerful it is. (:

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Pokemon money to be used in Russia (well, not really)

Source

Technically Pokemon-related news, given this image. Eventually, this will be their new currency. At least there are those who actually recognize the symbol.

But still...now we have a reason for this type of currency.

Discuss.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, actually the pokédollar sign has two strikethroughs
    so it isn't completely similar ;) As this isn't completely pokémon related for discussion, rather just a funny thing, I'll move this to the Pokémon General daily chit-chat thread where you can keep commenting or discussing this if you want. Just keep it pokémon related.

Years
  • Whether or not the new Ruble symbol uses one line across the P instead of two, I'd much rather use that in a Pokemon context than $ or another money symbol for Pokedollars. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long for it to be included into Unicode and many of the different fonts out there- it took less than a month for the Indian Rupee symbol to be supported in 2010.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Was it always called "pokédollars" in the game? I thought it was yen at first.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure there's no official name for it, but it just kind of became known as "Pokedollars" (I've seen the name pen used infrequently as well). The Japanese versions just use yen for their in-game currencies, which is probably where the pen name came from.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, poké-yen = pen :p smart.

I've never had trouble with money in a pokémon game. I can always buy whatever I need :x

Wobbu

Years
  • I never had money problems until playing X... I kept spending all of my money on Poké Balls and I could never afford more than 20 until somewhere around my 7th badge. Maybe I should've challenged the Battle Chateau more often :P

I always called the money Poké because that's just what I came up with when I first played the games. What's annoying about the name is that it has never been brought up in the anime (at least not that I can think of) so no one knows what it's called.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • I've always had an abundance of cash in game throughout most of them. I've been ignoring buying clothes in X so I think that helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back