• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I just saw my first episode of the XY series today, and while it was alright, I don't think I'm going to keep coming back to watch more right away. It's kind of a shame though, as I was hoping to get back into the series at some point in the near future, but it really bothers me how much Ash regresses between each region.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I watched about 13 X & Y episodes with some friends of mine, and it didn't really seem as good as previous Pokmeon anime. Couldn't get into it, nor did I want to watch more.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Sinnoh is my favorite because it proves that Ash doesn't reset his skills every generation :P As far as character cast goes, I can't decide between Unova and Sinnoh. Unova had a plethora of characters with great potential but they never developed very well. Sinnoh showed wonders with character development for a few but the networking wasn't nearly as large as Unova and some characters barely had any development at all (Nando, Brock, Ursula, Tobias to name a few). When it comes to Pokémon cast, Hoenn/Battle Frontier blows away all of the other series, only because they were the funniest group (Corphish and Torkoal especially) :3

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • When it comes to Pokémon cast, Hoenn/Battle Frontier blows away all of the other series, only because they were the funniest group (Corphish and Torkoal especially) :3

Ash's Pokemon always had amazing personalities. Star examples are Bayleef, Corphish, Charizard and Sceptile. They were different from their species, and had a different face painted on them, if I can say. :p

Wobbu

Years
  • Ash's Pokemon always had amazing personalities. Star examples are Bayleef, Corphish, Charizard and Sceptile. They were different from their species, and had a different face painted on them, if I can say. :p

That's one of the best things about the anime -- it gives personality to Pokémon that we don't see in the games. But Ash's Bayleef, she was always wanting Ash's attention and worked as hard as she could to help Ash achieve his goal :3 Corphish's voice is enough to make me laugh, but its headstrong attitude always humorously clashed with its small size and stubbornness. Charizard and Sceptile were more on the serious side but they provided a lot of great training for Ash and were very helpful when it came to decisive battles.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Ash's Pokemon always had amazing personalities. Star examples are Bayleef, Corphish, Charizard and Sceptile. They were different from their species, and had a different face painted on them, if I can say. :p

Two of Ashs Pokemon i will never forget are his Mankey/Primeape and Totodile.
    Mankey was funny and sassy, and Totodile loved to bite anyone and anything, which as a kid made me laugh (:

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • The pokemon was probably the major contributors in what actually made the series fun and worth watching in the long run, I mean the characters are great, but then some go and do this:
    Spoiler:

Wobbu

Years
  • ...Totodile loved to bite anyone and anything, which as a kid made me laugh (:
    If you thought Ash's Totodile was funny, then you should check out his Gible :P it also bit everything and while it was learning Draco Meteor, the attack would always fail and crash right into Dawn's Piplup every time xD

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • If you thought Ash's Totodile was funny, then you should check out his Gible :P it also bit everything and while it was learning Draco Meteor, the attack would always fail and crash right into Dawn's Piplup every time xD

Haha that sounds incredibly hilarious!! I havent watched anything past Hoenn, so i didnt even know Ash had a Gible. You sparked my curiosity though, so ill probably check it out in the future ;)

Wobbu

Years
  • It's not the greatest quality but it's one of my favorite Draco Meteor scenes (and it's the only video of it)
    Spoiler:

But Sinnoh is definitely worth a try :D

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • If you thought Ash's Totodile was funny, then you should check out his Gible :P it also bit everything and while it was learning Draco Meteor, the attack would always fail and crash right into Dawn's Piplup every time xD

I miss Gible trying to learn Draco Meteor. Poor Piplup, always taking crap from the rest. Speaking of biting, I liked Turtwig before it evolved, how it was always on Ash's head. It was a cute way of bonding, and I've always liked snapping turtles.

Wobbu

Years
  • I miss Gible trying to learn Draco Meteor. Poor Piplup, always taking crap from the rest. Speaking of biting, I liked Turtwig before it evolved, how it was always on Ash's head. It was a cute way of bonding, and I've always liked snapping turtles.

I guess Ash has bad experiences when it comes to mandibles :P

Turtwig kind of lost some personality after it evolved :\ It didn't really do anything after it adapted to its new body. It wasn't outside of its Poké Ball as much as it used to be either. It was more focused on battling rather than having fun, though that tends to happen as a series progresses.

Haha that scene was hilarious!! But Piplups eyes are kinda creepy

Piplup makes that same face every time it sees Draco Meteor :P

Years
  • Just curious, but what's one pokemon of Ash ' s that you wouldn't have liked to evolve because it took away from that Pokémon ' s prior form?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I wish Ash's pidgeotto didn't evolve. It wouldn't have been released then. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't know… probably Charmander. It was a friendly little fellow when it was young, but as it began to grow and evolve, it sort of became self-centered and immature. :( I know it fixed these kind of issues in later episodes, but still.

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I agree with Charmander. I disliked it's poor attitude until it faced that poliwrath. It was pretty ridiculous how no matter what peril it wouldn't listen

Wobbu

Years
  • But Charizard provided a lot of great episodes D:
    I'd go with Quilava because I really didn't see that coming and I was so used to Cyndaquil that it was weird seeing a Quilava two series later. Now I miss Cyndaquil :\

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Charmander perhaps :/ But Charizard is okay these days so.

Other than that, perhaps Chikorita. I never really liked Bayleef haha :3

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back