• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
  • Did someone say Digimon? I just finished Tamers a while back... Impmon was my fave from that one! x3

Though, I must admit, Digitamamon seems interesting... maybe I should watch Adventure at soem point.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Nobody, and I mean nobody, spoke of Digimon as I was growing up. It's rather sad really, as Digimon's overlooked pretty often. It's good, but..well, with Pokemon around, anything that seems like a Pokemon "rip off" is bound to get swamped.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I have to agree; Digimon is rarely talked about. I mean, a lot of people do know what it is and start discussing when you bring up the topic, but the conversations always seem to die down rather quickly. Don't really want to say this, but… from the looks of it, most people like to think that it pales in comparison to Pokémon. :( I personally don't agree; in my opinion, they're equally as great.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • as far as thier respective animes go... I dare say, the Digimon anime is infinately better than Pokemon's... as for the games... I can't say, I've not played any Digimon games. :p

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I've heard of digimon before Pokémon. The gigapet craze was what lead me to them. I had a digivice. It was orange and blue. Once I saw Pokémon, I immediately fell in love

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Y'all should watch the Digimon anime if you haven't! Digimon Tamers (season 3 kinda) was downright magical. Seriously, so realistic yet surreal. Like many others, I say Pokemon ain't got nothing in comparison in the anime department.

The games however, is Pokemon's strong side. I haven't played a digimon game nor tried a digipet or whatever they were called. But the Pokemon games are the heart of the ffranchise and it's pretty much a fact that they are amazing. Okay now I get the urge to plat Black again.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I have yet to watch a Digimon anime, but I watched a bit of an episode once. It looked a lot better than the Pokemon anime does now. Where Pokemon falters a bit, Digimon had the edge in. In this case (and a case proven above), it's the anime.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I feel like the Digimon anime was that bit more serious than Pokemon is. The games are alright too: I had Digimon world on the PSOne, but I was really really bad at it. The Pokemon games are better imho though :)

I'm really disappointed that it's so difficult to find many of the episodes on Youtube though, cause I was rewatching the anime recently (that said, I didn't get very far! :P )

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Yes, Pokemon > Digimon in games, hands down. :)

However, as said above, Digimon > Pokemon jn the anime department.

I've watched Adventure/02, but not Tamers het. I plan to though i hear it's darker than adventure/02 which is part of the reason why I haven't watched it admittedly

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh Kyain, it's great really. It's more like a proper anime, while Adventure/02 was more like a happy-go-lucky cartoon at times. But only at times. I haven't watched the whole of 02 because it didn't seem as good as Adventure/Tamers to me when I had seen a few episodes. Adventure though, has its share of serious topics such as friendship and family and danger and loyalty and all that jazz. Remember Matt leaving the group for a while even? And Tai and Kari so cute siblings.

Tamers is overall darker, and the main character cries a lot, doesn't he. xD But it's also somehow more believable and just more FUN somehow. I loved the universe they painted up, loved it to bits.

... I can't believe I'm making a serious digimon post in a pokémon thread. 8)

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I loved Digimon as a kid, and the Anime is really good imo.
    I watched most of Adventures and .2, but not much of tamers.
    Should probably watch them as well, they do look interesting (:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Switching the subject to the pokémon anime - anybody here watching it actively now?

I really don't keep up with it ;; Tried for a while when the X/Y season started, but just didn't feel like keeping it up. I was watching it just for the sake of keeping up, not because I actually liked it, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's been ages since I'd last watched the anime. Almost a year, I think. Haha. ;o; Black and White series had sort of ruined the feeling for me. One, major change that they've made is turn Team Rocket more serious, and I really don't like that. I loved them when they were actually silly and careless.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I gave up on it during Unova. I didn't mind the Sinnoh season, though the reception it got wasn't too great. Kanto's anime, it was the birth of it. It was pretty good for a beginning. Orange Islands were ehh to me. Johto? I didn't really get to that yet :(

Hoenn? Ash at his best imho. I can't bother to watch the Pokemon anime anymore, even though Serena's adorable it's not that bad anymore.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite series would most likely have to be Advance Generation. Back when it was still airing, I'd go out of my tune into the anime and every week; regardless of what it took, I would always try to not miss a single episode. I was very addicted. xD;; Second favorite is probably Kanto, with Sinnoh being third. Least favorite is Black and White, due to the same reason as before. Aside from this, though, I also sort of dislike Johto season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back