• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Probably Tepig for me, I really wanted Unova to be Ash's first starter trio where none of them evolved (and that was because I saw Snivy and Oshawott as too marketable to evolve, and I was right because they never evolved during the Best Wishes saga) yet they still evolved Tepig due to the whole "Ash's Fire starter has to evolve" thing.

Like, they make every single Fire-type starter on the main cast evolve for a weird reason. I'm hoping Serena's Fennekin could break that trend, like serve as the Piplup of Kalos.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Like, they make every single Fire-type starter on the main cast evolve for a weird reason. I'm hoping Serena's Fennekin could break that trend, like serve as the Piplup of Kalos.

At the rate that Serena has been using her Fennekin, I think it's safe to say that it won't be evolving :P but May's Torchic's evolution was the only time that I was upset by an evolution. Torchic was a lot like Piplup (as far as role goes) but the evolution really changed its direction of character and Bulbasaur took over as the cute starter.

Years
  • Age 36
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
I'm really glad that Bulbasaur did stay the same after the fuss they made for it not to evolve and everything. It was an amazing pokemon as is.

Years
At the rate that Serena has been using her Fennekin, I think it's safe to say that it won't be evolving :P but May's Torchic's evolution was the only time that I was upset by an evolution. Torchic was a lot like Piplup (as far as role goes) but the evolution really changed its direction of character and Bulbasaur took over as the cute starter.

Yeah, I feel like Serena got the short end of the stick so far in case of major character development in the XY series so far (especially given she continues the usual female player character companion role like May and Dawn did) and she still hasn't caught another Pokemon, Torchic evolving was pretty big plot change in AG I have to admit.

Remember when Dawn's Piplup didn't want to evolve because he was worried he'd end up like Mamoswine in terms of personality, but it was also probably a decision on the writers' part. Masamitsu Hidaka stated Piplup wouldn't evolve because they considered Empoleon "ugly" or a Pokemon that isn't worthy of being used in contests.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just as long as they don't end up with Greninja, Quilladin and Fennekin in the end... Because even though Fennekin is cute and Greninja is cool, Quilladin is the ugly middle evo between superdorkable Chespin and superawesome Chesnaught.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Haha i agree with Doctor, anything but Quilladin please xD

In other news, Greninja has been confirmed to be a playable Character in the upcoming Smash Bros!!
What do you guys think about this?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's awesome news. I imagine its moveset to be similar to Lucario, since their shape and body structure are pretty much alike. Plus, of all three Kalos starters, this one's my most favorite. 8) Say, which version would it be available for--3DS, Wii U, or both?

Years
That's awesome news. I imagine its moveset to be similar to Lucario, since their shape and body structure are pretty much alike. Plus, of all three Kalos starters, this one's my most favorite. 8) Say, which version would it be available for--3DS, Wii U, or both?

It'll be in both versions, but hey this is a great day for those on Team Froakie. Their beloved frog ninja will be a SSB4 character alongside fellow Pokemon Lucario, Pikachu and Charizard. I loved Greninja's entrance in the Nintendo Direct, many were expecting it to be Mewtwo at first.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I have to say im really happy about having Greninja in the next SSB!!
Froakie was my starter when travelling through Kalos, and Greninja has earned its spot as my 2nd favorite Starter of all time. Cant wait to get the game on my 3ds and try him out :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Greninja is awesome tbh. As soon as I saw Froakie's official evos, I decided that Kalos was a great region :p

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Poké Balls are always available in SSB, so, when you use them in these two versions, what are some Pokémon you guys are expecting to see? Personally, I'd love it if one of them were Serperior. Once it's called out, maybe it could whip up a Leaf Storm and blow enemies off?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
I never understood why they had Goldeen as the useless Pokemon that comes out of the ball and splash's about? Why steal Magikarps one trademark move lmao?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah; in some way, that just doesn't seem to make much sense. :( You know, it would have been really cool if they made opponents slip if they'd wound up stepping on Goldeen. That way, it wouldn't have been totally useless, haha.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Yeah; in some way, that just doesn't seem to make much sense. :( You know, it would have been really cool if they made opponents slip if they'd wound up stepping on Goldeen. That way, it wouldn't have been totally useless, haha.

Goldeen would probably become the banana peel of the Pokemon world, then :p But, I don't see why Goldeen's the useless Pokemon in SSB, as it evolves into a meme. I mean, Seaking. I guess they wanted to make it seem like Misty's Goldeen when it wasn't in water. But still, why not give the spot to Feebas/Magikarp?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If they were to put more psychic Pokémon in, I'd personally like one of them to be Mega Alakazam. Huge fan of it. n_n;; Perhaps it could hold all your opponents in the air when it's sent out, allowing you to attack them as much as you please?

Glameow

Purrrfect~
Years
What about something along the lines of a light screen trap? You run into the invisible wall and hurt yourself

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
If they were to put more psychic Pokémon in, I'd personally like one of them to be Mega Alakazam. Huge fan of it. n_n;; Perhaps it could hold all your opponents in the air when it's sent out, allowing you to attack them as much as you please?
Mega Alakazam should be able to use something like Kinesis, where your opponents' moves become useless for a set amount of time. Or, maybe it should do as you said and make them levitate for a period of time.
What about something along the lines of a light screen trap? You run into the invisible wall and hurt yourself

That sounds more like something Mr. Mime would do...Mr. Mime for SSB4! I'm just imagining Mr. Mime blocking enemies within a square, using Barrier to stop opponents from moving for a while.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Mega Alakazam should be able to use something like Kinesis, where your opponents' moves become useless for a set amount of time. Or, maybe it should do as you said and make them levitate for a period of time.

That sounds more like something Mr. Mime would do...Mr. Mime for SSB4! I'm just imagining Mr. Mime blocking enemies within a square, using Barrier to stop opponents from moving for a while.

Grumpig could make everyone bounce around the field, hurting each other and effecting their aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back