• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If they were to put more psychic Pokémon in, I'd personally like one of them to be Mega Alakazam. Huge fan of it. n_n;; Perhaps it could hold all your opponents in the air when it's sent out, allowing you to attack them as much as you please?
Maybe it could even teleport you away from an attacking opponent, which would be pretty useful. Though maybe limit it to one teleport, since that would get frustrating awful quick.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
If they don't incorporate Goomy into the game somehow I will be catastrophically disappointed. over-exaggeration Friday ftw

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Another Pokémon they could try including is Florges. Maybe it'd be stall your opponents for a while with Attract? xD;; Either that, or it could use Moonblast and just simply hurt them. Former would be pretty amusing, though!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Another Pokémon they could try including is Florges. Maybe it'd be stall your opponents for a while with Attract? xD;; Either that, or it could use Moonblast and just simply hurt them. Former would be pretty amusing, though!

There could be some kind of attraction resistance power for each fighter (the more serious-looking ones be less attracted) and they would not be able to attack the user for a short time under any circumstances, which would kind of turn them on our side if there are more than two unallied enemies.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 21, 2018
awwww i saw the title and got excited for a bit. I love Digimon so much. Pokemon is cool too tho.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
There is still one heck of a difference between the two. And let's not stray away from what the others are talking about, that's how one of my posts got deleted.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Say, would any of you be interested if they were to make a game or anime season crossing-over with Digimon? What would the game or season be called, and how would you expect its storyline to turn out?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Say, would any of you be interested if they were to make a game or anime season crossing-over with Digimon? What would the game or season be called, and how would you expect its storyline to turn out?
Probably not. If anything, I'd expect it to be an anime storyline and probably a poorly handled one at that. As far as I can tell, the animation styles are very different so one or the other (the Digimon or the Pokemon) would look far different than we'd expect, plus they're both played down to an younger demographic so the childish themes would still make me cringe.

... obviously I'm a harsh critic of the Pokemon/Digimon animes, whoops.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Posting this in this thread because I got told by a mod that I cant post in dcc. Crucify me if I'm bad for reposting :/

hey. I've had an account on this forum for about 3 months now and I haven't used it very often. I'm not sure if I should be gravely embarrassed. If you've read the title to this forum you can probably discern that I need help with a question. It's been bothering me for two years now, going into three, and I'm a bit overly self conscious, so I'm not too keen to cut to the chase. I haven't been able to find out what Pokemon I would be. What I mean by that is that I don't know what Pokemon best matches my physical appearance or personality. I don't want to cop out and say that I'd just be my favorite Pokemon, but that might not fix my personality, and if it's something that doesn't fit me at all (e.g. Badass lucario) then I feel like I would be lying to myself. I've tried personality tests but I'm always paranoid that the answer I'm getting isn't right because the questionnaire doesn't include all possible Pokemon out of 750(?) and is not with a real person. If you or someone you know could help me figure out this question, please reply to this forum, and if I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.Please do not just say "Just be a pokemon that you like". I wish to make it explicit that I would like a serious answer. This has been plaguing my brain for 2 years now .-. If you reply, I'll correspond to you with an IM, and from there we can discuss what would fit me best. I hope I don't sound too oblivious or aloof or irking, and I hope someone can help me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I actually don't think it would be a good idea :p Since they are so different franchises. A game would be my best bet, and it could be about Digimon appearing in the pokémon world, with some kids who didn't get their own pokémon getting a digimon partner to save the world with instead :3 Battling wild pokémon and evil teams instead of "evil" digimon.

Posting this in this thread because I got told by a mod that I cant post in dcc. Crucify me if I'm bad for reposting :/

hey. I've had an account on this forum for about 3 months now and I haven't used it very often. I'm not sure if I should be gravely embarrassed. If you've read the title to this forum you can probably discern that I need help with a question. It's been bothering me for two years now, going into three, and I'm a bit overly self conscious, so I'm not too keen to cut to the chase. I haven't been able to find out what Pokemon I would be. What I mean by that is that I don't know what Pokemon best matches my physical appearance or personality. I don't want to cop out and say that I'd just be my favorite Pokemon, but that might not fix my personality, and if it's something that doesn't fit me at all (e.g. Badass lucario) then I feel like I would be lying to myself. I've tried personality tests but I'm always paranoid that the answer I'm getting isn't right because the questionnaire doesn't include all possible Pokemon out of 750(?) and is not with a real person. If you or someone you know could help me figure out this question, please reply to this forum, and if I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.Please do not just say "Just be a pokemon that you like". I wish to make it explicit that I would like a serious answer. This has been plaguing my brain for 2 years now .-. If you reply, I'll correspond to you with an IM, and from there we can discuss what would fit me best. I hope I don't sound too oblivious or aloof or irking, and I hope someone can help me.
Oh, that's a tough one. I'd say ask your friends or someone who knows you better? It's difficult for us who haven't seen you around much to try and fit one of 700+ pokémon onto you :3

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
hey. I've had an account on this forum for about 3 months now and I haven't used it very often. I'm not sure if I should be gravely embarrassed. If you've read the title to this forum you can probably discern that I need help with a question. It's been bothering me for two years now, going into three, and I'm a bit overly self conscious, so I'm not too keen to cut to the chase.
Do you mean you're overly self conscious that you don't know what Pokemon you'd be? That sounds like an awful lot to be embarrassed about!

I haven't been able to find out what Pokemon I would be. What I mean by that is that I don't know what Pokemon best matches my physical appearance or personality. I don't want to cop out and say that I'd just be my favorite Pokemon, but that might not fix my personality, and if it's something that doesn't fit me at all (e.g. Badass lucario) then I feel like I would be lying to myself.
What you you mean when you say it might not "fix" your personality? It's not a game of you have to be super duper honest though, you can pick whoever you want really. I would be inclined to say whatever the first one that pops to mind is probably what you are though..

I've tried personality tests but I'm always paranoid that the answer I'm getting isn't right because the questionnaire doesn't include all possible Pokemon out of 750(?) and is not with a real person.
It doesn't necessarily have to be with a real person though. I think you're better off staying away from the online ones that have a very limited selection though, like you said.

If you or someone you know could help me figure out this question, please reply to this forum, and if I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.Please do not just say "Just be a pokemon that you like". I wish to make it explicit that I would like a serious answer. This has been plaguing my brain for 2 years now .-. If you reply, I'll correspond to you with an IM, and from there we can discuss what would fit me best. I hope I don't sound too oblivious or aloof or irking, and I hope someone can help me.

I think the best thing you can do is fill out a Big-5 personality test. It examines 5 different scales of personality (extraversion, openness to new experience, conscientiousness, Agreeableness and Neuroticism), and from there you can give someone a more accurate idea of your personality so they can help! :) My highest scores are Extraversion (3.4), Agreeableness (4.3) and Openness (3.7), so make of that what you will! I will point out though that this isn't the foolproof one used by proper psychologists, so take it with a grain of salt, but it is pretty good for a simplified one! :)

Good luck!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

Well, you've made me a Spinda with the question. Why don't you, instead of taking help from some guy over the internet, ask someone close to you to know how you are, and you can post said description here, and we could rate it? It sounds like the best way out.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Well...my main problem with that question (and Im embarassed to say) is that I have no real life friends, let alone people who are pokemon savvy. So i can't go and just ask a friend about what I would be. I can however tell you my scores on the big 5 test: extraversion (2.6) Conscientiousness (2.5) Neuroticism (3.6) Agreeableness (3.3) and openess (4.7). I don't really know where the big score on the openess comes from, but the rest seem pretty regular to me. If it demands I could also write a bit about my personality. I really hope that someone on here could help me.

oh...and there was a typo in the first message. I meant in line 7: "a pokemon that would fit my personality" not a pokemon that would fix my personality

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Well there you go, a little shy, a little careless in your work, relatively vulnerable to stress, generally nice (but probably would not bother with someone they didn't like) and very adventurous/open to the idea of new experiences.

To me that sounds like a Cyndaquil, but see what others say :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, I think Cyndaquil sounds like a very good fit. Perhaps even Quilava.

Just to bring a more general topic around, for everyone: what pokémon do you think YOU would be? if you were thrown into a realistic Mystery Dungeon world

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Alright...Id say that cyndaquill fits meh ok. For my peace of mine though, could I just post a quick bio of meself? I think that would help.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright...Id say that cyndaquill fits meh ok. For my peace of mine though, could I just post a quick bio of meself? I think that would help.
You can write a bio into your "About me" on your profile. If people are keen on helping you, they can read it there :3 But Cyndaquil actually sounds like it fits you, from what little I've seen of you so far. I guess you could also post a bio in that thread you made here in Pokémon General. Just don't be sad if not many reply, because it really is difficult to seriously try and decide what pokémon somebody seems like when they don't know the person well. Heck, it can be difficult even when you know a person.

Years
  • Age 36
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
I remember trying to have that kind of discussion with people when I was younger. Everyone would immedately spew out a legendary pokemon just because

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay if I was a legendary pokémon I'd like to be Celebi :3 Teleport and time travel and awesome stuff, plus it's one of the cutest pokémon there is. Not sure its "personality" and typings fit me though, but eh.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
Years
OMG MEWTWO
Eh. Yeah. When you're a little kid you think you're so awesome. Haha. I used to say Arbok because bias. Then as I got older, I realized I mainly am as mean as a snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back