• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #24 - Favorite Type

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Every type has its strengths and weaknesses. While one might be focused on special moves or physical moves, another might have consistently good designs. It could be the most common type or the least common. Whatever that little trait is, it makes you love that type more than any other. So what is it?​

Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    A lot of my favourite Pokemon are Water-critters (Lapras, Kingdra, Milotic), so I'd probably have to go with that. I guess I like how versatile they can be in battle, and how useful they can be, what with being the majority users of Surf and whatnot. The designs of Water Pokemon are also good on the whole, which makes sense given the sheer number of them.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    And they say Pokemon games don't have bugs.

When it comes to my favorite type, I don't put gameplay aspects into it. I love bug pokemon for what they are; bugs. Scary, badster, multipede homies. Their designs are also pretty okay and it's unfair, how underrated they are.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Fire. Always Fire. I have no idea why really, I always started with Charmander in RB, I think it stems from that. And my favourite legendary bird is Moltres. I always need a good Fire-type on my team.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years

When I was a little boy, I always had a fascination with Meganium – although I only ever chose it to be my starter once, because I wasn't too impressed with its move pool (I totally underestimated the power of dual screens and synthesis). I also had a fascination with various other grass types - Venusaur, Roselia, Breloom - but I never had an attraction to non-green coloured Grass types (Victreebel being mainly yellow, for example).

The colour green represents learning, growth, or freedom to pursue new ideas, and as a young boy, the whole world filled me with excitement and I wanted to know more, which is probably why I was so fascinated with these types of Pokémon. Today, I still an striving to learn more and more and have a complete understanding of everything, so maybe this love for Grass types stems back to my knowledge-hungry self.

Also, I like using grass types because they are really annoying. Substitue, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain... ahh... so fun.

My next favourite would be Water types. The majority of water types are blue, and blue is supposed to represent calmness, relaxation and a flow – it is also the population's most favourite colour. I aspire to be a calm and relaxed person, so maybe everytime I like a water type it's my mind telling me to go forth and relax.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My favorite Pokemon type is Water because of how it has neutral coverage against most types. Water Pokemon also have good designs. Fighting and Dragon come in close.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    For as long as I can remember, I've always loved dem Ghost critters. Some of them are mischievous while some are regarded as "evil". I'd always have a Ghost-type Pokemon on my team, since most of them are quite skilled for battling.

Years
    My favorite type is the Water-type cos most of my fave Pokemon are Water-type (including you-know-who).

I'm also a fan of Electric (for being fast and cool), Psychic (some Psychics are sooooo cute), Flying (I always need a Pokemon to get me somewhere), Dark (high Attack stat and cool moves), Ice (really good type to take down Dragons), Normal (because of their diversity), Grass (support and their recovery tactics), Fire (they are very strong attackers) and Ghost (great support and disabling moves. Until I used Chandelure in Black, I never often used Ghosts).

I love to collect Pokemon of all types although the ones mentioned above I have a slight preference for.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In design: Fire.
    Competitively: Dragon and Psychic (or at least the Pokemon are of those types :x).
    In-game: Fighting.

So a mix of all four! :) Fire was basically always my favourite, though.

Oh, and I used to use Flying in-game ages ago.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Water and Flying, though I love Pokemon from every type. I always have a Flying and a Water Pokemon on my team, and sometimes my Flying Pokemon doesn't even know Fly.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Flying type - I love flying type because I like birds, and most flying types are cute <3
    Grass type - Many grass type pokes are cute too, tho they have many weaknesses :<
    Electric type - Coolest. Pokes. Ever.
    Water type - Prettyful designs :D

Years
    My favourite type is definitely flying. So many Pokémon which I love belong to the type - they're all designed really well. I don't really battle competitively so I can't vouch for how good they are in battle.

Ieyasu

This statement is false
    Years
    I don't prefer one type above the other, but I have a few that I like more than others.

For a long time, I have loved the Bug-type Pokemon. These insects and arachnids are adorable and beastly, all in the same type. They have weaker moves than other types, but in this case, it's a love for the Pokemon.

Fire is another one of my favourite types. The attacks are powerful and beautiful, and the Pokemon are generally good ones. While there isn't a volcano Pokemon, or a fireball, or magma golem, the ones we get are good enough.

I also love the water-types, especially the fish and starters. They have good moves and good Pokemon, enough said.

I like grass and rock types as well, but maybe a bit less than those three. I guess for me it's mostly about the Pokemon in each type, rather than the type itself.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    My favourite type will always be the bugs. They are the underdogs in pokemon, with many people disliking them, yet so many of them are usefull. Generation V has some of the best bugs ever including a legendary. One of the most powerfull pokemons in the meta game is a bug type (Scizor). Every single design is awesome and they are great psychic killers. If anyone underestimates bugs in a battle thye will surely regrett it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My favourite type is ground since most of the things manage to be both so powerful and cute, plus resistant against annoying electric attacks and thunder waves - plus Sandshrew is ground. <3 Then very close to that is Poison, it's a really interesting type to play around with and can be deadly!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Grass, Ice, and Bugs are my favorites. I like Ice because winter is my favorite season among other season. Except for Beartic and Vanilluxe family, all of them have good design in my taste. Grass become my favorite because I always pick grass as my starter. While I like bugs because some of them are really cool and kinda underdogs so I decided to give them some love.

In short, I think there are no particular reason to like them. I just like those particular types with hard-to-explain reason :P

Years
    I like the large variation in designs among psychic types. That a lot of them are pretty creative and well-thought out helps a lot, too. You have ones which are based around dreams (Munna, Drowzee), outer space (Solrock, Beheeyem), mysticism and magic (Xatu, Kadabra) and then just plain weird stuff like that looks interesting.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    My top favorite type would be metal. I love most of their designs, and a lot of them have really nice stats. I adored Aggron and Metagross in RSE, while Bronzong was decent, with Lucario filling in a nice gap. Let's not forget Scizor either.

However, I find myself to prefer fighting types as well. With a monstrous attack stat, I love it. Especially Medicham, which swept through most of the Hoenn E4 on its own.

Lastly, psychic. I usually have a psychic-type on my team, and coupled with their high special attack, it's a threat to be reckoned with.

Back