• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #30 - Favorite Psychic Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

They can read your mind, and get you that soda from across the room that you wanted. And then, when they fight, they can blast their opponents into oblivion without ever touching them once. Psychic types have often been seen as a powerhouse type, full of Pokémon that are incredibly strong. It's also the most common legendary typing, giving it a status no other type has. From Abra to Meloetta, Psychic types can be considered the cream of the crop! So what's your favorite Psychic type and why?​

Thanks to Hikari10 for this week's poll idea!
    Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh, this is hard for me. I love most psychic types..
    I'mma' gonna' go for Alakazam because it has a IQ of 5000 and I always, always had it on my team in GBA games, but I also love it's move pool.
    So, Alakazam.

Years
    Ahhh, there are too many to choose just one, but I think I'll go with Swoobat Starmie Gothitelle Baltoy. Yeah, Baltoy is cute and a little weird. It hovers and spins like a top and is made of dirt like some ancient piece of art. I dunno. I like the weird ones.

Years
    Psychic-type Pokemon are among my favorites!

Here's the ones I really like.

Hypno: It's fun to use and it loves eating dreams!

Xatu: It's a Psychic birdy, and it's design is cool too.

Espeon: Eeveelutions are well-loved here and Espeon is no exception!

Gardevoir: People always complain about the males but I love Gardevoir's design.

Medicham: It's part Fighting and can learn Hi Jump Kick too!

Gallade: My buddy PlatinumDude's fave Pokemon and it has a massive movepool that makes it a great competitive battler.

Musharna: It's pink and it's odd plus I love Munna too.

Gothitelle: She is what made want Black, I caught a Gothita, trained her and she turned out to be a powerhouse of my team and her pre-evos Gothita and Gothorita are cool too. So many people think she's scary, but I have room in my heart for her.

Reuniclus: I can see it's everyone's fave 5th Gen Psychic, it's a great sweeper with Trick Room equipped and it's huggable and like jelly!

Elgyem: It's an alien, it's cute, it's playful and I loved it after seeing Marriland with it. I caught so many of these things cos I love Elgyem! And Beheeyem is awesome too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My favorite Psychic Pokemon are Gardevoir (it's beautiful), Gallade (it's awesome competitively and aesthetically) and Reuniclus (it's a gummy bear that can actually fight back).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Even though it's a bit overrated, Espeon is my Favorite Psychic Pokemon, as it's my favorite Eeveelution as well as one of my top favorite Pokemon. Other favorite Psychis would have to be Gallade/Gardevoir, and Reuniclus.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I'm going to force myself to pick only one.

I like Gallade for his fantastic movepool, great stats (despite lacklustre speed), cool name, auspicious typing, intriguing design and the weirdness of his sword arm things. :D Also he kills as a lead in the Battle Factory with Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray. Also it helps that I like his evolution method.

So, Gallade it is! One of the few physical Psychic-types! :)

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
    Favourite Psychic Type (Non-Competitive)

Alakazam was my first ever psychic type (evolved from Abra) and was always one of my favourite pokemon in game. He could tear up opponents with ease. Yes his moveset was terrible looking back all those years ago in Fire Red but he was still awesome ^.^

Favourite Psychic Type (Competitive)

Metagross was one of my team's star pokemon in the DPP metagame. He has the ability to set up and sweep and is just brutal in offense with his meteor mash's. This generation my teams haven't been big on psychic types so he still remains my favourite competitive psychic type.
    However I am looking to experiment with Reuniclus so my opinion may change very soon ^.^

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    very hard poll! Pyschic-types in general are one of my favorite types (Bug, poison, normal, dark, psychic). And narrowing my favorite Psychic Pokemon down is like choosing a specific grain of sand in a beach! Let's hear the breakdown.

Some of my favorite Pokemon:

: He can learn all moves! :) and he is very cute.

: For me, he is the coolest Eeveelution. Plus Magic Bounce, Espeon is a beast! Also,. I love his shiny green form

: Very feminish. From the Generation III, she is my favorite Pokemon. :)

: One of the coolest Pokemon ever made! He's design is great, and not too intimidating. He also has a high SpA, and no Life Orb damage, plus Psyshock. :) Cool.

: I always have a soft spot for male , and Gallade never failed to impress me. With those sword-arms thingy.

: THE COOLEST, MOST BAD-ASS PSEUDO-LEGENDARY. I always remember Megaman when I look at Metagross, and his diamond body is like so hard, and very sturdy. He has a very strong STAB Meteor Mash, plus Agility. He may be hard to obtain, but he is certainly a powerhouse when using it.

: Cool draconian legendary. Luster Purge has a nice effect. Plus it is a freaking jet.

When it comes down to it, it is a close fight between Metagross and Reuniclus.

But I choose Reuniclus since he has more gimmicks to abuse, a happier aura, and generally a better Pokemon.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Espeon :: It's cute and it's really fast =D
    Reniclus :: SO SQUISHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Mew & Victini :: My favorite legendaries <3
    Gardevoir :: It's wearing a dress xD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Metagross, even though I rarely use him for his Psychic attacks. He looks awesome and hits very hard. Throw in an Agility, and...

Starmie is also a good Psychic type who helped me a lot in Soul Silver.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm a big sucker for Espeon, ever since using one all those years ago in Gold version. It's easily my favourite Eeveelution, with a cool design and great stats. That being said, I do have a soft spot for Girafarig: it's not a great battler, but I love its design, its name (IT'S A PALINDROME! ZOMG!) and its funky typing.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I like psychic types a lot, probably my faves would be Slowbro, Jynx (liked her better before they made her purple), Starmie, Wobbuffet, both the Latis and Deoxys. That's a lot XD

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    i love psychic pokemon! espeon first, then gardevoir and alakazam.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Xatu!!! I love a good Xatu with Future Sight. Great design, classic Pokemon, and good moves, too!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back