• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #31 - Favorite Pokémon Trainer

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • Games: I like Touko, actually. Dat ass I mean, she's cute. >_> And I like how she's a bit older than all the ten-year-olds.

Anime: May. I have no idea why, but I really liked her better than Dawn or Misty, though the former has been growing on me somewhat lately. I'll never get over Jenness' voice, though. And Iris and Dent in the new series, of course - two of my favourite voice actors, and they're neat characters too, although it took me a while to get used to Iris.
    In terms of rivals, I liked . . . huh. I never really liked any of Ash's rivals. Paul was okay, but on the whole, eh. And Shootie's kinda pointless imo.

Manga: Blue all the way! Or as some of you might know her, Green. Dammit, Chuang Yi. I'm talking about the girl who stole Squirtle and then just generally rampaging around causing mayhem and mischief. She was amazing. I quite liked Platinum Berlitz too, though.

Overall? Hmm . . . Cilan/Dent. Gracious me.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Game: Red, he's strong, and in some fanarts he's so badass :pink_boogie: Then I really appreciate Gold, 'coz I really began to love Pokémon with Silver version, and this main trainer offered me a lot of adventures.

Anime: May, I always liked this girl, without any reasons especially. Then James, he's so funny :pink_tongue:

Manga: I don't really have opinion, after all I'm just at the 7th Volume (1st generation). So for the moment I would say Green, her personnality is simply great. That changes from the other trainers, for sure.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    anime: Gary, in the the first 2 generations atleast.
    game: Brendan, since he can beat his own father.
    manga: Blue(japanese), because she looks so innoncent while she can kill everyone around her.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Game: Oh I love Cynthia. Garchomp is a tough cookie and I liked that she was the next Champion after Blue to have a versatile team. I also like Brendan. I liked his hat for some reason.

Manga: Blue/Green, the male. No specific reasons I guess.

Anime: Paul, because if I was a trainer, I'd be like that, no lie. Well, at least that's what I do in the games. Bad species, released. Bad nature, released. Bad IV's, released. Besides, he's Ash's foil and I loved that fact.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Games - N, he's one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen in a Pokemon game although Silver comes in at a very close second.
    Anime - James, always found him to be less annoying than most of the cast and his backstory is pretty cool too.
    Manga - Silver, one of the darker characters in the series and easily stands out as my personal favorite.

Not all that much I can say about them other than I simply like their character in general.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Games: Red - He was the first "Player" and he had this aura of awesomeness back in the day on Mt. Silver.

Wes - from Colosseum. By far the coolest trainer in terms of appearance, and I do also love snatching pokemon.

Anime: Gary - I love his smug cocky attitude, he is just a badass on every level. I mean what guy wins 10 badges when there is only 8 Gary does! I liked Gary pokemon i.e. Blastoise, Electivire, Umbreon, Scizor, Nidos, Arcanine.

Paul - This guy just seems like a complex person to me. He is grumpy as an old man, but battles like an accomplished trainer. He seems some come and calculating most of the time, and seems like the closest thing to a tactician I have seen. He seems to plan out the battle and executes his plans to keen preciseness for the most part. On top of how good he battles he is the polar opposite of Ash, which adds to the rivalry for me.

Manga: I haven't read a whole lot and it's been awhile, but I did like Red and Bill during my brief stint reading.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
  • Anime
    It's gotta be Brock. There would be no Ash without Brock and who could forget.

*Brock holds a donut like a Pokeball.
    "POKEBALL!"
    *Trips Ash and Misty
    "Whoops, sorry. Donut Go!"

Games
    Steven from R/S/E. He has always been and always will be the master of Hoenn and the steel type guru. Plus, his champion battle music is the best.

Manga
    It's gotta be Red. His design is really cool and fun. It's kinda like my style, just mines more swagga looking. Still, Red's my favorite of the manga characters!

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Games:
    Steven is probably one of the coolest characters EVA. N is really awesome too, though I'm not sure if he exactly counts as a Trainer.

Anime:
    Brock because he was just like a boss in every single way.

Manga:
    Red.

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Wow, thanks for made my become reality Miss Toujours. A really big Thanks and good luck for you :)

Games:
    My favorite could either go for Red or Black
    red have awesomeness aura of the nostalgia while Black have similar aura albeit much more fresher.
    Manga:
    Sakaki. Why? A gym leader, a criminal leader, and also a badass, caring father.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I only watch the occasional anime episode but I really like Trip in the new Best Wishes series.

Game wise I have a few favourite trainers.

Alder may be the weakest champion so far but he has the greatest personality. I like the story of hm losing his partner and recovering but never being as strong. It just makes him feel like a real person.

Aaron is the first bug type E4 representative and he pulls it off exceptionly well. He dosent look like a dweeb like Bugsy, he looks cool, like a jungle boy. This is what a bug type user should look like, not looking like a girl or an artist with an afro. I just really like Aaron for beleiving in the bugs and being the first and only Elite Four representing the bug type.

He's a ninja. Do I have to explain. Naw I like Koga because he is getting old but still continues to be the best at what he does. A real inspiration.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I LOVE both Misty & May. Dawn is a good girl. But I prefer Misty/May :)

Favorite Gym Leaders= Jasmine vs Sabrina vs Clair

Favorite Champion= Cynthia & Lance (Tied)

I like the Ash/Misty/Brock gang better than any group though. Love how Misty acts like the big sister to Ash lol Did Ash ever owe her that bike? -_-

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Games: N, Platinum!Dawn, Silver, Skyla, Maylene, Jasmine, Clair, Winona, Cheren, Bianca...I could go on

Anime: James (...don't ask), Dawn, May

Manga: all of the main characters :3

Back