• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
im stuck in the second town
after seeing my dad in the building i dont know where to go
im stuck hlp please

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I got past the first gym, but I stopped playing after that honestly. The fact of the matter was that it was too much like Fire Red. The first gym is modeled exactly like the first one in FR, only with different tiles and Pokemon. While there are still the exact same events in it, such as the guy showing you how to catch the Weedle and the Parcel. :[ Sorry

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
I've just entered Temshore City and when I went to ferry (I guess) I met Max (my Rival), and when he asked me for battle, the game crashed somehow. I just see a black screen, as the sound was still on.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
The tree you use in you hack it defult tiles. I think you should add new D-P-PT or HG-SS tiles. They will make your hack very Interesting. Anyways your hack Is very good. Good luck...
The tiles won't be changing.

im stuck in the second town
after seeing my dad in the building i dont know where to go
im stuck hlp please
You need to beat the gym leader in the second city.

I've just entered Temshore City and when I went to ferry (I guess) I met Max (my Rival), and when he asked me for battle, the game crashed somehow. I just see a black screen, as the sound was still on.
You'll have to remove that event with A-Map if you want to keep going in the game.

Heres a new feature that colcolstyles designed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4NcMKUorDs
This flashback effect will occur many times in the game. It'll help reveal the motives of main characters in Genesis.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I recall seeing that script in the past...
And the fossil aka the light-light makes an error.

I don't remember seeing any black&white palletes, though. Is that what you wanted to show us?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Awesome script, Malin, and awesome ASM, Colcolstyles.

However I spotted a grammar error.
Your dad said "Ok, its time I told you everything."
It should be "Ok, it's time I told you everything."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015

Then I talk with my rival and...

I can still hear the soud of starting battle, but there's black screen and I can't do nothing (even pressing every funcion key ain't doing anything)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Yes, there are quite a few errors with the spelling and grammar. However, what's important is that the glitch which causes the "fossil" to be shown above those black bars along the top and bottom of the screen has been fixed.

Inoj

Premier Ball User
Years
I've tried everything to avoid posting this question but here it goes:

Does this work on the gpSP?

I have downloaded a working FR(U) ROM, the fixed Genesis beta and I've patched it using LIPS. I can play the game, right. But then 10 or so minutes into the game, it suddenly loops to the Gameboy Advance boot screen. Game restarts consequently lead into looping into the boot screen again.

Thanks to anyone that would answer.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2010
uuurm hey gr8 gameit truly is (im only at 2nd gym leader cant beat his bloody azumarill XD anyways ive made a button for the forum because ther arent any for this as far as i can see so here ttp://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/vysethefirst/button.png add in the h cuz i cant post links XD

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Yeah like FurY` said it freezes there. But I'll just delete the event with A-Map... Anyways, great game so far! I love it :]

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've tried everything to avoid posting this question but here it goes:

Does this work on the gpSP?

I have downloaded a working FR(U) ROM, the fixed Genesis beta and I've patched it using LIPS. I can play the game, right. But then 10 or so minutes into the game, it suddenly loops to the Gameboy Advance boot screen. Game restarts consequently lead into looping into the boot screen again.

Thanks to anyone that would answer.
Like I've said before, I'm only providing support from problems that occur on VBA.

uuurm hey gr8 gameit truly is (im only at 2nd gym leader cant beat his bloody azumarill XD anyways ive made a button for the forum because ther arent any for this as far as i can see so here ttp://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/vysethefirst/button.png add in the h cuz i cant post links XD
Yeah you'll have to remove him using A-Map.

Here are some updates. More to come soon hopefully.
2zoxfs0.png
2h3ww8p.png
2irqmr.png

Move tutors

22tlk.png

New ice grass animation courtesy of colcolstyles

Years
Where is the Move Tutor for Blaze Kick going to be located?

[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] I like the new snow tiles, but I don't know why this isn't a spoiler. [/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Congratulations on winning March's Hack of the Month! :3
Enjoy your one month's sticky~ banner later

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
Hello,
I have been playing the game for a few hours, and I was really getting in to it. Then when I wanted to view my pokemon as I got out of the PokeCenter, the game crashed and it made some very werid (and scary) noises. I don't know if this was my BIOS (I was playing on my PSP) or the game itself

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Congrats on getting Hack Of The Month. Don't stop now otherwise the mod will bug you :)

Back