• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GlitterGold

How do you think the game is moving along?

• Excellent!

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • Great!

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Good.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Not so well...

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Not too great...

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • Nope your wrong. Theres 5000 variables in Rm2k3, you could well do the 386 pokemon! And with events you can pretty much copy a pokemon battle system.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Not exactly though is what I mean. And I never said it didn't give you 5000 variables. It takes up so many variables for the battle syste, amd storage systems and stuff if you want an accurate version of the the original.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Well, I've got an update. I decided to make a new map for Goldenrod, using the chipset suited for it. The only problem is that I can't attach any screens because my mom shut down our internet service, so I'm posting this in the library near where I live. I should be able to post new screens in a little while. Also, I'm not going to be online for a while, and since I'm being forced to go to DR (Dominican Republic) for about a month, I won't be on during that time, so don't expect many updates. I'll do my best, though...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • *bumps*

Well, I've got a somewhat update. I've decided to make all the maps similar to GSC using GoldMap. So far, I've revamped New Bark Town, Rte 29, Cherrygrove City, Rte 30, and Violet City. Plus, I'm using a FR chipset for Violet, instead of the Rustboro one you all saw in the demo. I'll try to post some screens tomorrow.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    How exactly did it get deleted?
    Do a system restore to retrieve it, if it was deleted by yourself or someone.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hope everything turns out alright. Sorry for your loss.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • For some reason, I can't upload the screens on Photobucket, and I can't attach it here. But I will tell you that I've just finished revamping Rte 31, and more to come.

@Raccoon: I lost it when my computer wasn't working and I tried to recover it. But I'm thinking that maybe one of my sisters accidentally pressed the button to restore it, costing me all my files.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Truck-Load Of Screenshots!!

Sorry about that. I was saving the screens using a floppy disk, and something happened so it was unreadable. But don't worry: I was just able to upload them. I'll describe them from left to right.

^Screens 1 and 2 are of the Player's House Upstairs and Downstairs respectively. Screen 3 is a view of the new New Bark Town (no pun intended), and Screen 4 is of Prof. Elm's Lab. I decided to remake it just a bit. The last two are of the new Route 29.

^Screen 1 is the last stretch of Route 29, and 2 & 3 are from the new Cherrygrove City. The last three are from the new Route 30.

^The first two are from the new and separate Route 31. Screens 3-5 are from the new FR-style Violet City. The last one is the opening of the new Route 32.

^The first 4 screens are from Route 32. Screen 5 is of the FR-style Union Cave, and the last one is a screen of something I forgot to capture on Route 30.

Now I'm working on revamping Azalea, Ilex Forest, and Route 34. After that, I'll work on the rest of Goldenrod, and then move on to something new.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Very nice screens.! ^ ^

Only have 3 problems...

1.In the lab screen, I don't think there should be a tint in there.
    2.It doesn't look very natural with people floating over flowers (maybe make it obscure)
    3. In the cave pics, there's grass shower on the corners of the water tiles.

Keep up the good progress and work. :)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments, guys. The Lab screen had the tint because of the day/night coding. If anyone can post how I can make it turn off while inside, I'd appreciate it. No new screens, today, but I am working on remaking Ilex Forest and Route 34, and get to work on the rest of Goldenrod and move on to the next step. BTW, from now on, all the maps will resemble GSC in essence.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 11, 2011
    Nice screens ! The game looks awesome ! Though GymLeaderLance99 any chance you could change your font colour in the forums ? It may be just me but it's a **** pain to read :(

EDIT

wtf I can't say d-a-m-n ?

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2005
    theres little kids on the forum,admins dont want them to learn these words so yea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back