• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey loving Reforged still. The islands are amazing (particularly the castle). Question: My Ditto for some reason I can't get to evolve. I assumed it was to use the Covenant Orb but that didn't work. Does it need to level up instead or something?

Checked the github link, it needs a metal coat.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Quick question, why did you decide to rename several of the pokemon from the names that they were given in the GS 97/Super GS 97 builds?

Loving this mod. I too agree that I wish the names were left as-is mostly so I could cross reference them with the pokedex on tcrf.net instead of browsing the git repo, minor annoyance I guess.

One thought for those of us playing on real hardware, since many of the cheaper flash carts lack a real-time clock, how about an option to not just set DST with your mom, but to reset the whole clock? I won't be able to catch some pokemon because my time of day is permanently stuck at Sunday 10:30pm.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    Um Hi I was wondering if there is any advice i could get with setting the game up? I'm not really good with this sort of stuff so advice would really be appreciated!

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Um Hi I was wondering if there is any advice i could get with setting the game up? I'm not really good with this sort of stuff so advice would really be appreciated!

You just need:
    1. the patch file (either gold or silver)
    2. a crystal v1.1 rom (this is the most commonly found one)
    3. lunar ips to apply the patch

just open lunar ips, choose apply patch, select your original crystal rom and the patch you want to apply to it, then load that rom in an emulator. It's ez.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    Hi!
    I've been playing this awesome rom hack since Sunday and it's really well done, it's taking me a lot, really compliments.
    I wanted to ask a couple of information, does anyone know how to get exp. share, whether it is obtained in the same way as Pokémon HG/SS or not?
    Another thing is: How does Tangela evolve? I knew it had another evolution, but on the internet I read that the "beta stone" is needed and I honestly don't know what it is or where it is.
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    Another thing is: How does Tangela evolve?
    According to the github link, it evolves at lvl 40. As for the EXP Share,
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    According to the github link, it evolves at lvl 40. As for the EXP Share,
    Spoiler:

Can you paste the github link for the exp. share please?

Years
    As I completed the Pokedex here is some changes I found, the rest is similar to Super Gold 97

How I found Lugia,Ho oh and Legendary Beasts ?
    Spoiler:

Where I found Qwilfish and Remoraid?
    Spoiler:

Where I found Super Rod?
    Spoiler:

Where I found Tri-Wing for Legendary Birds?
    Spoiler:

Where I found Kanto Staters and the other two Nihon ones?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Got to Sanskrit Town, do I need to surf at this point or is there something I can do in the Ruins to the north / cave to the east?

I hope I'm in the right thread this time...I have a question that maybe has been answered already...Is there a 253 pokemon? Because when I order my pokedex in "new pokedex" it says I have not seen, or catch, something between Marril and Bomsheal, but when I order it in "old pokedex" mode, nothing seems to be missing. I checked the sprites and I think I caught all of them, even Lugia who wasn't there, and that got me thinking maybe Celebi is here or something? Anyways, is somebody knows who I'm missing, could you tell me who and were to catch him?

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    I hope I'm in the right thread this time...I have a question that maybe has been answered already...Is there a 253 pokemon? Because when I order my pokedex in "new pokedex" it says I have not seen, or catch, something between Marril and Bomsheal, but when I order it in "old pokedex" mode, nothing seems to be missing. I checked the sprites and I think I caught all of them, even Lugia who wasn't there, and that got me thinking maybe Celebi is here or something? Anyways, is somebody knows who I'm missing, could you tell me who and were to catch him?

Spoiler:

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
    Hi, just wanted to say this game is great!

I'd never played GSC before, mostly because I see no reason to when i can play HGSS, but this ROM Hack is really well done and refreshing!

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
    I've just finished this game with ~34 hours in total including ~25 hours in right after beating the Elite Four. This hack gets a "great" in my book with there being 2 small issues (I'm not saying their the main reasons why this game isn't "excellent", their just tiny yet noticeable annoyances).

1. When looking for the Tower duo, one has to speak to a captain in Alloy City to activate at least the mascot of the game. Without any reminder, some people playing the post-game might get confused on how to summon them in the first place.

2. The post game trainers. While there were a couple of NPCs that give a decent challenge, most of them weren't very threatening since they all had 1-3 Pokemon with them while some of those Pokemon being unevolved.

Anyway, here's my team post-game after defeating the superboss:

Spoiler:

And a bonus of how I decorated the room (not terribly interesting, but still):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    I am absolutely adoring this hack. About to head to the Elites but I have a question . . . where is the HM for Whirlpool? I haven't a clue where to find it.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
    I am absolutely adoring this hack. About to head to the Elites but I have a question . . . where is the HM for Whirlpool? I haven't a clue where to find it.

Just go back to the house where you first met Pryce and talk to the old woman there and she'll give you whirlpool once you've beaten him.

Back