• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.3 Released 05/12/2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    awh, :( Pkegear function can't still be used. I cant phone to any of the npcs. :(

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Finally beaten the game a couple of days ago, first rom hack I've finished :) Thanks for making it.

I loved how this felt like replaying HG/SS but improved in almost everything. Way more variety in the Pokémon rooster, much better AI overall, much more compelling battles against important trainers, modern QoL features, Dex Nav which is just awesome, and Johto finally getting its own Pokémon league instead of being basically an expansion of Kanto.
    I don't fancy Pokémon type changes and OP mega starters, but thankfully the type changes only affect a very few species so I guess I can live with that.

If it wasn't for certain trainers with super cheap tactics like stalling and full restore spamming (seriously, 4 full restore per trainer is a bit much)... I think the game would be better if there was an option to just disable the use of items for both the player and the AI, because as of now, the important trainers just render any Status problem strategies virtually useless as they'll just full heal/full restore anything anyway. Many of the battles revolved around triggering the AI to waste all its healing items on some weaker Pokémon you could take out in two hits so it won't have a chance to heal its stall/double team/leftovers/etc. one.

It would be also nice to seriously improve TM accessibility in future builds, because there's a lot missing, considerably limiting the options for certain Pokémon. It does make sense in the original games that you can't get let's say Flamethrower or Psychic until you reach Kanto, but here trainers get access around the 5th-6th gym to better move sets and strategies than the E4 has in HG/SS, which is nice but so it would be reasonable to increase the pre E4 TM/Move tutor availability for the player as well to compensate. I had to end up using gamesharks to give myself some of those TMs I just couldn't find anywhere.

Well, amazing rom hack overall, especially for being in beta stage. I would definitely play more like this.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2023
    I think I broke my save file. After beating 7th gym I got a call from Looker (game version 2011232_9 2020-11-24 Build) and quit the game for the day. Next day I noticed the game was updated, so I downloaded new version and resumed my game. I went to Goldenrod, but there was no Rocket invasion. I checked the radio tower, but nothing was out of ordinary, except I could talk to the radio show hosts on 2nd floor, who told me they are grateful for repealing Team Rocket. I explored the game a bit, then went though the Ice path, fought the rival and got another call form Looker. I flew to Goldenrod and this time it was full of Rockets, and there were police officers in front of the radio tower. I went inside, and saw "Silver" standing in front of staircase, but I couldn't interact with him. I watched HeroVoltsy's playthrough, and saw there was supposed to be Looker in front of the radio tower, but he wasn't there in my save. Also, I can't revive Areodactyl from Old Amber, despite reviving other fossils.

I attached my battery save and my VBA quick save.

Attachments

• save.zip
      91.3 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I think I broke my save file. After beating 7th gym I got a call from Looker (game version 2011232_9 2020-11-24 Build) and quit the game for the day. Next day I noticed the game was updated, so I downloaded new version and resumed my game. I went to Goldenrod, but there was no Rocket invasion. I checked the radio tower, but nothing was out of ordinary, except I could talk to the radio show hosts on 2nd floor, who told me they are grateful for repealing Team Rocket. I explored the game a bit, then went though the Ice path, fought the rival and got another call form Looker. I flew to Goldenrod and this time it was full of Rockets, and there were police officers in front of the radio tower. I went inside, and saw "Silver" standing in front of staircase, but I couldn't interact with him. I watched HeroVoltsy's playthrough, and saw there was supposed to be Looker in front of the radio tower, but he wasn't there in my save. Also, I can't revive Areodactyl from Old Amber, despite reviving other fossils.

I attached my battery save and my VBA quick save.

Me too! I am using John gba. Anyone can help?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey guys, what the Whitney glitch been fixed yet? Asking this because i paused my playthrough when unbound came out, and now , J plan tk continue my playthrough of GSC Chronicles. Any news? Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2021
    i cant get passed the team rocket gs in goldenrod
    because the rival does not work

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2023
    I can't find a Ralts. Can anyone tell me where and when (time of the day, day of the week) I can catch it? Thx.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    what to do with the radio tower, i can enter it and then i see silver with the rocket grunt but can't talk to them ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    In randomizer mode, are boss teams randomized?
    Rlly enjoying the game so far
    And where can I find
    Ampharosite
    Gardevoirite
    Life Orb

Awesome game
    Keep up the good work!😀

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    In randomizer mode, are boss teams randomized?
    Rlly enjoying the game so far
    And where can I find
    Ampharosite
    Gardevoirite
    Life Orb

Many of the Mega Stones don't seem available in the current build yet, at least for the Johto playthrough. I've just checked my inventory (E4 already finished) and I don't have those two in particular either. As for the Life Orb, I have one, but I don't remember where I found it.

No idea with about the randomizer mode.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't spot anything on it, but is the crush ride supposed to be broken? I cannot seem to be able to smash any rocks despite possessing multiple fighting & steel type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't spot anything on it, but is the crush ride supposed to be broken? I cannot seem to be able to smash any rocks despite possessing multiple fighting & steel type pokemon.
    Yeah it was broken but it was fixed today download the latest version

Back