• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    If Regigigas got Clear Body, can Slaking please get Sheer Force. Pretty please, Buffel 😭 make my boi viable

Edit: Doesn't have to be sheer force, could be no guard, scrappy, Thick-fat. Just anything to make him a little more viable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    If Regigigas got Clear Body, can Slaking please get Sheer Force. Pretty please, Buffel 😭 make my boi viable

Edit: Doesn't have to be sheer force, could be no guard, scrappy, Thick-fat. Just anything to make him a little more viable.

This. But maybe rework Slow Start to be more viable. Like either halve the turns it takes for the Pokemon to get going from 5 to 3 or what have you, or at the end of each turn give it a small attack/speed boost since Slow Start already halves it, to give it a feel like each turn they really are getting it going. But idk, the latter seems like too much coding.

Years
  • If Regigigas got Clear Body, can Slaking please get Sheer Force. Pretty please, Buffel 😭 make my boi viable

This. But maybe rework Slow Start to be more viable. Like either halve the turns it takes for the Pokemon to get going from 5 to 3 or what have you, or at the end of each turn give it a small attack/speed boost since Slow Start already halves it, to give it a feel like each turn they really are getting it going. But idk, the latter seems like too much coding.

The hack already has something like that in the form of Slaking's new Hidden Ability: Stall. Stall = The pokémon ALWAYS moves last. Sure, it means his speed stat is irrelevant, but his attacks stat is untouched + the fact that there is no wasted turn like there would be with Traunt >.> It does make him more viable (I used him with it in one of the playthroughs >.>), but not sure if it is to you guys liking.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    The hack already has something like that in the form of Slaking's new Hidden Ability: Stall. Stall = The pokémon ALWAYS moves last. Sure, it means his speed stat is irrelevant, but his attacks stat is untouched + the fact that there is no wasted turn like there would be with Traunt >.> It does make him more viable (I used him with it in one of the playthroughs >.>), but not sure if it is to you guys liking.

Stall still doesn't make Slaking viable. There's been discussions about it on the Inclement discord about it. Sure, no wasted turns but it's not an ability I would say fits a mon like Slaking.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024

Stall still doesn't make Slaking viable. There's been discussions about it on the Inclement discord about it. Sure, no wasted turns but it's not an ability I would say fits a mon like Slaking.
    Regigigas is a legendary that requires you to jump through a lot of hoops to obtain and is only available very late in the game. Slaking is available at level 36. None of those abilities would make it "viable', they'd make it horribly overpowered. Slaking is not a box legendary and does not need to be on par with one to be usable. Stall and Slow Start are fine, and Stall is a perfect fit for a Pokémon whose entire gimmick is that it's too lazy to move every turn. If you're going to make something that lazy work twice as hard, it's not going to be in any rush to do it!

Years
    • Seen today
    Regigigas is a legendary that requires you to jump through a lot of hoops to obtain and is only available very late in the game. Slaking is available at level 36. None of those abilities would make it "viable', they'd make it horribly overpowered. Slaking is not a box legendary and does not need to be on par with one to be usable. Stall and Slow Start are fine, and Stall is a perfect fit for a Pokémon whose entire gimmick is that it's too lazy to move every turn. If you're going to make something that lazy work twice as hard, it's not going to be in any rush to do it!

Gotta respect staying true to the theme. As far as regigigas, I'm still kicking myself for not knowing I could have gotten it late game. I never cared for the fact that it had such a crippling ability as Slow Start considering the trouble you usually have to go through to get it, but that's just me.

Say Buffel, don't take this as a suggestion as it is a fun idea i've wondered about. What do you think of Mewtwo with Neuroforce? There's reasoning behind this
    but only if you actually wanna know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023

IMO Slaking with Slow Start and Bulk Up, Slack Off is definitely viable, absolutely sweeps so many teams.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Since Pokemon Home is getting updated to include Legends Arceus mons, now I can actually say that I'm hoping for the best of luck in either porting them and the mechanics they require for them to work, or in being able to handle people constantly asking you to port them in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023

True Gigas is a bit more time consuming to get. I get the changes better now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Gotta respect staying true to the theme. As far as regigigas, I'm still kicking myself for not knowing I could have gotten it late game. I never cared for the fact that it had such a crippling ability as Slow Start considering the trouble you usually have to go through to get it, but that's just me.

Say Buffel, don't take this as a suggestion as it is a fun idea i've wondered about. What do you think of Mewtwo with Neuroforce? There's reasoning behind this
    but only if you actually wanna know.
    It fits well enough but I'm not really interested in buffing more legendaries, can't use most of them until post game anyway!
    Since Pokemon Home is getting updated to include Legends Arceus mons, now I can actually say that I'm hoping for the best of luck in either porting them and the mechanics they require for them to work, or in being able to handle people constantly asking you to port them in.
    Haha, if the nagging gets too bad I'll just change my stance on that and never add them. Given how much work everything before PLA still needs I have zero interest in adding them at the moment.

cazza

Mr. Pokémon
    Years
  • Maybe a stupid question but I'm too dumb to figure it out for myself, I see normal mode gives trainers 0 EVs, does that include gym leaders? Just so I know if I need to adjust my calcs or not.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Hey Buffel, I saw someone on Discord post a screenshot showing a Shiny Entei through trading with Vanilla Emerald. Would you say that's recommended? As their data is already in the game and Pokemon ROWE does this for missing legendaries while they add them in.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Maybe a stupid question but I'm too dumb to figure it out for myself, I see normal mode gives trainers 0 EVs, does that include gym leaders? Just so I know if I need to adjust my calcs or not.
    They're just trainers, so yeah they're included 😅.
    Hey Buffel, I saw someone on Discord post a screenshot showing a Shiny Entei through trading with Vanilla Emerald. Would you say that's recommended? As their data is already in the game and Pokemon ROWE does this for missing legendaries while they add them in.
    Wouldn't recommend it but there's nothing stopping you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    This is a very VERY minor and maybe strange request (to the point that I'm feeling bad asking for it giving how much work other more important things need), but:

Would be possible to change the text of the starter to say something more "unique" than the original "route 101"? Something to differentiate it from just a normal random Zigzagoon captured in that same route, changing "route 101" to "Littleroot Town" or "Given by Birch" would be enough.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This is a very VERY minor and maybe strange request (to the point that I'm feeling bad asking for it giving how much work other more important things need), but:

Would be possible to change the text of the starter to say something more "unique" than the original "route 101"? Something to differentiate it from just a normal random Zigzagoon captured in that same route, changing "route 101" to "Littleroot Town" or "Given by Birch" would be enough.
    Any particular reason for that? Seems unnecessary.
    Oh? Would that corrupt data?
    Probably not, it's just not something I intend to support, so it may or may not stop working completely in future versions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    Just for uniqueness/lore of the starter, i know it feels unnecessary but i always thought that Emerald putting a random "route 101" on the starter instead of something like the initial village or similar was a bit weird, you can catch a mon in that route and have no differentiation with your initial pokémon that's supposed to be more special.

It's just an old itch, I understand that it is a very minor thing and not all of the people care about the starters "bond" that much, so i understand if you don't want to bother with it; Inclement Emerald is by far my favorite romhack for other things like features and pokémon buffs, but that would be a great cherry on top.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Probably not, it's just not something I intend to support, so it may or may not stop working completely in future versions.

Yeah. I'd rather wait when those pokes come out. Though I understand some people for wanting to play with their favorites now. So the feature to trade with vanilla will cease or trading in general between to Inclement versions?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just for uniqueness/lore of the starter, i know it feels unnecessary but i always thought that Emerald putting a random "route 101" on the starter instead of something like the initial village or similar was a bit weird, you can catch a mon in that route and have no differentiation with your initial pokémon that's supposed to be more special.

It's just an old itch, I understand that it is a very minor thing and not all of the people care about the starters "bond" that much, so i understand if you don't want to bother with it; Inclement Emerald is by far my favorite romhack for other things like features and pokémon buffs, but that would be a great cherry on top.
    Ah I see. Probably not something I'd want to spend dev time on, at least for now!
    Yeah. I'd rather wait when those pokes come out. Though I understand some people for wanting to play with their favorites now. So the feature to trade with vanilla will cease or trading in general between to Inclement versions?
    Inclement will always be able to trade with itself (unless something breaks), but if/when I add more PC boxes that will require breaking compatibility with vanilla, as I'll clean all the junk out of the Pokémon data so they take up a little less space.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    question i saw there was a randomized version of this out there where can i find that trying to do a randomizer with some friends

Back