• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Iolite (a Ruby hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

$H-GAGE$

Jumeraat hai aja!!!
    Years
    do hacks really work? im sorry but im a really n00b at hacks...

BTW, good one. I like the title page and the story line with talking pokemon....keep it up, and good FakeMon. BTW, i can make a better "I Support" thing...urs seems messed up....tell me if u want me to make it...

Two Finger

Yeah
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    after the trainer sprite fades into the truck at the beginning the game freezes

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    I'm back! Hm... not many posts.
    it looks good but still kinda weird
    Yes, I know. I'm working on it.
    do hacks really work? im sorry but im a really n00b at hacks...

BTW, good one. I like the title page and the story line with talking pokemon....keep it up, and good FakeMon. BTW, i can make a better "I Support" thing...urs seems messed up....tell me if u want me to make it...
    Yes, hacks work. Please read the thread titled IMPORTANT! Before Playing a Hack.
    Thanx for your compliments, and please do try a new banner. I'd like for people to have a choice of banners. :)
    after the trainer sprite fades into the truck at the beginning the game freezes
    You're the first person to say that; other people have gotten to glitches way past that... Try patching to a different ROM.
    No updates, as I can't get on my own comp for a while, but I'm working on the tiles.
    EDIT: Here's the current update on tiles. I've added the generic rock and changed the wooden sign.
    Pokémon Iolite (a Ruby hack)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    uhhh problem!
    it says unsupported file...
    iv tried 2 different roms....
    how do you patch a rom?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    The mountains and wooden sign look pretty good. Ehmm... Is the water tile a waterfall? Keep up the good work!

$H-GAGE$

Jumeraat hai aja!!!
    Years
    OK thanks fer the info. Im making the banner just now...to be completed in 10 mins....

Sorry if this is a double post....
    Your banner is uploaded....

tha code is:
    Code:
    https://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/H-Gage/Iolitecopy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    uhhh problem!
    it says unsupported file...

iv tried 2 different roms....
    how do you patch a rom?
    It looks good I wish I could play it,but my Ruby hack doesn`t work.
    @Dragon Ryder: You can patch ROMs with LunarIPS, IPSWin, etc. or, if you have VisualBoyAdvance, you can turn on the AutoPatch function and name the ROM and patch with the same filename.
    @Pikachu_Charizard: Try a clean ROM, unless you mean your emulator won't support the file. In that case, get a U.S. edition Pokemon Ruby ROM and patch it with my IPS file.
    The mountains and wooden sign look pretty good. Ehmm... Is the water tile a waterfall? Keep up the good work!
    Thank you for the compliments. The water tiles are not for falls, they're for the ocean... I'll probably trash those if they don't look so good in the game.
    OK thanks fer the info. Im making the banner just now...to be completed in 10 mins....

Sorry if this is a double post....
    Your banner is uploaded....

tha code is:

Code:
    Thanks for making that banner, it looks pretty cool.

$H-GAGE$

Jumeraat hai aja!!!
    Years
    Hey Dark Lucario, can u upload the banner on ur own Photobucket or Imageshack or any server coz yaar mine is over flooding!

BTW, if u r thinkin of making a website for PKMN Iolite than please PM me. I can do the work....

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    Hey Dark Lucario, can u upload the banner on ur own Photobucket or Imageshack or any server coz yaar mine is over flooding!

BTW, if u r thinkin of making a website for PKMN Iolite than please PM me. I can do the work....
    Yeah, I'll move it. As for a website... maybe after the nextbeta release, then you can try to make one.

$H-GAGE$

Jumeraat hai aja!!!
    Years
    k man! , just tell me when i have to make it. and i can promote it through my web too.....

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    As I can't get on my own computer for a while, this hack is currently ON HOLD. Please keep the thread alive, as I'll be posting planned updates until I can continue.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    That's... quite bad... Well, I guess I should say see ya later! We'll wait patiently for your hack's return. Good luck, Dark Lucario!

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    Thank you much. :) I'll post planned updates soon... lol... Most of my plans involve complete overhauls of maps that players won't see until they've played for a few weeks, like Shoal Cave. :laugh:

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    allighty Lucario, i guess we will have to talk about something else to keep it alive

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    How about giving me some ideas? I could use a few ideas for plot twists and such (nothing too complicated, though, just small events, etc.)
    «EDIT»
    Anyone there? It's been four days...

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hey, DL, you wanted ideas? I just thought of one. Since all pokemon seem to be able to talk and that. How about creating an evil pokemon team trying to take over the world or something like that?. Yeah, it seems like an idea taken out of Mystery Dungeon, but maybe it could be used here as well.

Dont abandon your game, we're supporting ya! Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back