• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Iolite (a Ruby hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
  • Hey, it looks good, your tiles look good. I'll play it later as I'm a bit busy. I like the look of that mew event...

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Glad you like it! Give me some feedback after you play (but don't post any glitches that are already known.)
    I have created a sprite of the new hero. C&C?

EDIT: Now, I have a sprite for the heroine. What do you think?
    profilepic11930_4.gif

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    This looks pretty cool. I've never seen trees like that. Good luck with this hack Dark Lucario.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
  • Ah, interesting. Looks like the hack has gotten better, but...
    you still have a faraways to go.

Everyone does, otherwise then the hack would suck.

Anyways, sorry for not posting pictures or anything. I'll post them up later, if I have time. I was a bit busy with homework (eh heh...)

And by pictures, I mean the glitches. Or have you already figured them out?

Anyways, I think the soot-covered (don't ask me why I said that) Buoysel is because you didn't change the pallette, is that right? If so, you need to go to the Tuts, go to the Pallette changing tutorial, and learn from it (XD, as if you didn't already know).

Anyways, good luck. I hope to see some more progress with every update!

From,
    ~TheRoad

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • I did the pallette change, but it didn't apply it properly to the bag. It should look ok in the party and in battle, though. Please post screens when u can so I can look at those glitches.

Tutti

Developer of Pkmn Dawn MMORPG
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The screens look really cool. Good luck.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Thanks for commenting, Tutti.
    UPDATE: Here are the scratch tiles I've done so far and a preview of how they look together. More to come. C&C?
    5466.jpeg

MewThree7500

.::Pokémon Jungle Jade::.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    I think that this hack has a great tileset and sprite edits.

Demonik Sorciz

Peace, Love, & Happiness 4EVE!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    hey, when you complete the game, you should submit it to -removed- too (its a sweet video game site where you can play games online) sign up to there and submit it in the Game Programming section, n sweet idea too :D i cant wait till it comes out!

No forum links allowed!

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • The heroine sprite looks OK, and the idea of Pokemon talking isn't bad either....or perhaps its just because all humans in the game learned Pokemon language? Will there be major plotlines that involve talking Pokemon helping you to thwart the bad guys?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • The new tiles are looking good, but... I have a little doubt about those small pines (sorry again if "my english" confuses you), not the bigger trees, the other. They look a bit weird (like some circles put one over another, maybe erasing so they don't look as circles). As I always say, it's just my personal opinion, if you like them then they are great!

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Holy crap, I got a bunch of posts overnight! OK, replies...

Pretty good, but I would have to agree that It needs work. Good job though!
    Yay! People like my scratch tiles! I know they need some work, give me some time. ^^
    I think that this hack has a great tileset and sprite edits.
    Thank you! ^^ Later on, you may see some awesome scripted events, too.
    hey, when you complete the game, you should submit it to -removed- too (its a sweet video game site where you can play games online) sign up to there and submit it in the Game Programming section, n sweet idea too :D i cant wait till it comes out!
    ._. You don't have to type so big... Does that site allow ROM hacks? Anyway, I don't know if I'll finish it, I don't have a lot of time to work on it during the school year, so it'll take a while.
    The heroine sprite looks OK, and the idea of Pokemon talking isn't bad either....or perhaps its just because all humans in the game learned Pokemon language? Will there be major plotlines that involve talking Pokemon helping you to thwart the bad guys?
    In order: Glad you like my spriting, and my 'talking Pokémon,' and actually, at some point, I'll make it so your mom gives you a translator before you leave the house. I'm not sure I'll make such plot events, but there is one point where you hear a scientist and my Fakemon arguing, then Shadomew blasts the guy away in rage.
    The new tiles are looking good, but... I have a little doubt about those small pines (sorry again if "my english" confuses you), not the bigger trees, the other. They look a bit weird (like some circles put one over another, maybe erasing so they don't look as circles). As I always say, it's just my personal opinion, if you like them then they are great!
    "Your English"??? You're fine, I know exactly what you mean, the two-tile trees. I know they look rather like Slinkies, like I said, they're in progress. I like them, though, but I may use some of the darker green, too, just to add color variety. (OMG, the #1 G/S remaker posted here! *faints*) lol
    Thanx for all your comments, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonik Sorciz

Peace, Love, & Happiness 4EVE!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    ._. You don't have to type so big... Does that site allow ROM hacks? Anyway, I don't know if I'll finish it, I don't have a lot of time to work on it during the school year, so it'll take a while.
    1. i type big because my font is hard to read when its smaller
    2. yep, it has a section made just for ROM hacks ;) :D

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • You gotta apply the patch to a Pokemon Ruby ROM. I can't tell you where to get one, but I can tell you that you'll need an IPS patching program to play this. You'll find one such program on this forum, or with EliteMap.

Pierrot.

Pokémon Gainsboro and Rose.
    Years
    • Age 117
    • Seen Nov 4, 2006
    This looks awesome!

I love your tiles. Seriously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back