• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Iolite (a Ruby hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
  • Well, since there's some problem with the server you uploaded the file, I'll try again later...

Do you still think you'll show us some new stuff by January?, because this thread has been deadly quiet...
    Yeah, if I can't get around to continuing with Petalburg and beyond, then I'll release a sort of demo so players can check out the Dreams Submerged cave in a playable form. The thread's been pretty quiet because I didn't want to double-post, and nobody else was posting here... Anyway, here's another little spoiler for those who want it.
    Spoiler:

Please keep the thread alive. Also, I'm still waiting for anyone who can make me some overworlds for my heroes, and if anyone wants to volunteer their own male hero sprite to replace mine, that'd help. I don't really like the one I made.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Oh great, you might add some of Johto huh. Sounds prettty nice. If so, I would love to see your version of it. Btw, if you do add it, what cities and towns would be in it?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Oh great, you might add some of Johto huh. Sounds prettty nice. If so, I would love to see your version of it. Btw, if you do add it, what cities and towns would be in it?
    ¬¬ I meant for that to be a spoiler that people wouldn't have to read. lol
    I was thinking that, since Evergrande City and Cianwood Island appear to be on the same island (when you put the Hoenn and Johto maps together), I'm going to add a side passage in Victory Road that leads out to Cianwood. I will also include Routes 38-41, Ecruteak, Olivine, the Tin Tower, and Whirl Islands (without whirlpools). Thanx for your continuous support, Treecko! ^_^
    EDIT: About the 'your version of it' comment... I'm actually planning on getting pictures of the maps out of G/S/C and making the parts of Johto... EXACTLY THE SAME! xD No, seriously, I'm not changing anything, just...porting it to GBA graphics. Hell, I'll make a preview right now! BRB.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I welcome you to the group of G/S Remakers (I know, I know, you're not doing a remake, but adding parts of Johto is enough). Use my maps if you want a guide (since I also use the original maps from Gold to do mine, however sometimes it gets difficult...) Also, will you use new tiles when remaking the part of Johto? ('cause that would be original)

I wonder what has Johto to do with the story (what could happen over there?)

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • I welcome you to the group of G/S Remakers (I know, I know, you're not doing a remake, but adding parts of Johto is enough). Use my maps if you want a guide (since I also use the original maps from Gold to do mine, however sometimes it gets difficult...) Also, will you use new tiles when remaking the part of Johto? ('cause that would be original)

I wonder what has Johto to do with the story (what could happen over there?)
    Um...thanks? I'll be using the original maps ripped from G/S for mine. In fact, I just finished one! I will be using the new tiles I already have for Iolite, though my example here doesn't show them. Looks very similar, no?
    Before...
    8443.jpeg

After...
    8444.jpeg

Nice job, huh? As for how Johto will be involved in the story, it's just a sidequest, per se. You can go in the Whirl Islands for Lugia, Tin Tower to get Ho-oh, battle the available gyms for a TM (no badge), and, if Zel could help, I might toss in some sidequest at the farm (not necessarily the same one as in G/S/C). Also, I'm going to make the gym leaders really hard to beat, so if someone could also make a script to have someone blocking the way until you've beaten the Elite Four, that would help.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I downloaded the hack, I actually like it (i prefer more simpler hacks anyways)
    however it froze up while i was having a double batte, dunno what happened there

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • I downloaded the hack, I actually like it (i prefer more simpler hacks anyways)
    however it froze up while i was having a double batte, dunno what happened there
    Nor do I. A lot of people complain about the game freezing during battles, but I've yet to encounter any such problem...

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    The hack acts very glitchy around the levelling up and fighting with Bouysel.
    It froze when it gained a new level, and also froze while I was battling with it

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Dark Lucario (or anyone else) if you need D/P Pokemon, Back/Front/Battle Sprites, all that I've got almost everyone single Shinou pokemon. (I'm not sure on the almost bit) Pm me !

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Nice. For the E4 Jooto(sp?!) try something like a train and a ticket or
    the like.
    I'm not adding the G/S/C E4. (That was in Kanto, anyway.) I'm only adding the area from Ecruteak to Cianwood.
    EDIT: Another tileset update.
    8516.jpeg

I added the gray sign and the whole Pokémon Center.

Last edited:

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • there are many tiles that i didn´t like.
    the maps of the hack are very good
    good luck

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hmmm... The PC doesn't look good, I think you need a third colour for the roof (perhaps a clearer red for the tops. And a bit of shadow between the roof and the front wouldn't hurt also, because it looks like they're joined. But... I'm kinda bad at explaining spriting stuff. Perhaps a better spriter could come and tell you. Don Patch, are you there? :D)

Burnin' Leo

Alt+F4
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Those tiles are pretty good...

But my favourite tiles are the trees.

But otherwise keep up the work!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You should remove the pokemon centre, cause it looks pretty shocking - however, I'm sure it can be improved. And besides, it seems pretty small anyway.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • there are many tiles that i didn´t like.
    the maps of the hack are very good
    good luck
    Thanks for your comments. Glad you like it!

Hmmm... The PC doesn't look good, I think you need a third colour for the roof (perhaps a clearer red for the tops. And a bit of shadow between the roof and the front wouldn't hurt also, because it looks like they're joined. But... I'm kinda bad at explaining spriting stuff. Perhaps a better spriter could come and tell you. Don Patch, are you there? :D)
    Actually, the roof and the walls are joined. If I had a 3-D modeling program, I'd try to make a model to show you the shape of the PC from every side... Anyway, the roof is poorly shaded because it's flat, and I didn't use the other shade of red because, in the default palette, it's more of an orange-ish color. I don't think it fits.

Those tiles are pretty good...

But my favourite tiles are the trees.

But otherwise keep up the work!
    Thank you. Glad you appreciate my new tiles!

You should remove the pokemon centre, cause it looks pretty shocking - however, I'm sure it can be improved. And besides, it seems pretty small anyway.
    I realize that, but remember: original tileset. I don't want to make it all stereotypical, so I'm doing this how I will.

OK, update time! I haven't actually done anything within the ROM for a few months, and now my computer is being gay and won't turn on. Ergo, it'll be a while before I can give a real update. Sorry! Please try to keep the thread alive.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Please...please...make sure Mew's Obidience bit is ON. SO many hacks included Mew/Deoxys, but so little forgot to add the Obidience code, so instead of Mew using Psychic, he took a nap.

Edit: Whoops, this is a hack of Pokemon Ruby, so the Obidience is no prob.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back