• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    nice rom hack this is my favorite one so far.
    I have been working on my own for a while and I was wondering how you changed music in the game.
    I wanted to add some of my favorite music from FFVI but i don't know how.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • like in unreachable areas. like (i cant remember your town names atm sorry, so ill use ruby names) between Mauville and Dewford (i think. been so long since i played ruby) u can see Cybele :P ill screen cap and post in edit tomorrow when i get home from school. and in the fire cave place you can see another one on a ledge thats unreachable. and one more thing. did u plan for the master ball to just be laying around? XD
    That's actually meant to be that way with the legendary. You need an item called "Odd Stone". You can use that item on a rock on that route. If you do, the item will open the fence to allow you to battle Cybele! The summons Procne, Neptune, Tiamat and Moloch are obtained in a similar manner.

And no, I did not intend that. It's there for the lulz. Let's just leave it at that XD

I'll be editing some maps, and I've decided to change the Daleks to a new, eviler antagonist. Basically, my idea is is that the Republicans and the Democrats will be battling eachother until they realize that there is an eviler force that they must defeat... but they can't do it themselves. Who could this evil force be a parody of? You'll find out in the next release!

Music... I use the old Sappy and tile/hex editing. It's harder but much more effective, and changing the bytes allows you complete control over the music.

EDIT: I. Will. Not. Post. Until the next release. *points at post count*

Last edited:

Soldiers of Filth

Semi-Pro Band Promoter and Art
    Years
  • That's actually meant to be that way with the legendary. You need an item called "Odd Stone". You can use that item on a rock on that route. If you do, the item will open the fence to allow you to battle Cybele! The summons Procne, Neptune, Tiamat and Moloch are obtained in a similar manner.

And no, I did not intend that. It's there for the lulz. Let's just leave it at that XD

I'll be editing some maps, and I've decided to change the Daleks to a new, eviler antagonist. Basically, my idea is is that the Republicans and the Democrats will be battling eachother until they realize that there is an eviler force that they must defeat... but they can't do it themselves. Who could this evil force be a parody of? You'll find out in the next release!

Music... I use the old Sappy and tile/hex editing. It's harder but much more effective, and changing the bytes allows you complete control over the music.

EDIT: I. Will. Not. Post. Until the next release. *points at post count*
    sounds awesome! cant wait to play the next installment. greatest. game. ever. and major lulz at ur post count XD \m/

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Hey, sorry for keeping you waiting! I had a little stress and kinda forgotten about it ;)
    But I finished Yuber now and also corrected your Hama. Hope you like it.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Hamma (Actually Hannah) looks good, I'll probably make her hair a few pixels different, but it looks good overall.

The other I commented on on your profile. We'll continue that from there (but keep posting everything here)

Soldiers of Filth

Years
  • hey jupiter, i have a pokemon i designed, and if ud like, ill let u use it for ur game. its a Ghost/Psychic type, 3 stager thats a Genie :P i dont have a name tho :( heres wat it looks like, i designed the mid stage over xmas, and the others a week ago. my first pokemon i designed. ill make more if u want :P thank you!

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Heyho!
    I hope Yuber looks ok now, i didn't want him to look like a girl. Here's also Luc. :)
    I usually don't really like making overworld sprites but if it's only Hanah's i'd make her sprites within the next few days. I'll be quicker this time.

Ok... what do you think about this for now? ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Good work. I'm working on the storyline right now, er, you can work on some of the regular trainers while you're there. Some classes include:

Youngster
    Lass
    Picknicker (male and female)
    Swimmer
    Triathalete
    Aroma Lady
    Guitarist
    Mythbuster (Adam and Jamie)
    Hiker

ect...

Try to figure them off of the overworld sprites of Golden Sun. You can find overworld sprites here.

Soldiers of Filth

Years
  • hey Charon, do you plan on including:
    Saturos and Menardi
    Karst and Agatio
    Doom Dragon
    Fusion Dragon
    Deadbeard
    Dullahan
    etc?
    because i think those would be awesome to include! u could make this game like Golden Sun 1, and make a second one part 2 or something :P

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Remember that I am running out of space, and I want the game to be a unique combonation of several games and series, rather than a direct adaptation of Golden Sun. Saturos, Menardi, Karst and Agatio are all shown in cameos, and Alex has a cameo as the judge of Pokemon Contests.

I'm working on programming the story right now. Lots of boring scripting and stuff, but it'll be pretty good. I have this idea that I will be able to swap the picture, name and pallate of the main character to temporarily play as another character for a cut scene, but this will be quite tricky to program. Stay tuned!

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
  • Can someone tell me how to patch this because I have done a couple of times now and it won't work on my ds? I even have a flascart but it still won't work.

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Now now now, we don't need any brash comments.

Try Rom name AXVE, rom number (I believe) 0906. American (English) Pokemon Ruby. Test if the hack works in VBA. If so, follow this next step:

Your problem resides in the fact that there's an error in the BIOS at 0x000018. It should be a 0xC0 byte, not a 0x00 byte. Go into a hex editor and fix that, and it should work on your flashcart. I fixed it in release 6 which I'm working on right now.

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Okay, it's been a while since I've posted a legitamate update, but I do actually have something quite big.

Besides fixing quite a few scripting bugs and adding new events, I also changed the envelopes (the volume of an instrument over time) of the instruments, making them sound even better. The following link has my favourite 5 songs, extracted using VBA.

5 samples

A release is up later, I don't know when. Please do not request, but I'll be out of school in a week. SO PATIENCE MY FELLOW ADEPTS XD

Things that will be added in the next release:

-New bad guy
    -Different way of getting Jupiter
    -Improved music and sprites
    -ALL BACKSPRITES ANIMATED. Even Hamstooth
    -New Music
    -Ect. ect.

Things that I do not want commented on in the next release:
    -unfinishedness
    -battle backgrounds
    -Overworlds

UNLESS THEY FREEZE THE EMULATOR.

The next release will also be compatible with Flash Cartridges, unlike the last release.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2009
    alright i'm stuck... what and where is the thing i'm looking for before cinder city? what's with the krowpia next to ivan?

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Hello there. I'm finally going to do some sprites today @_@..., i already have the lass and a female fighter from Xian...
    but i'm not sure how to make a swimmer, because Golden sun has no swimmers...

So here's the result of today. It's that muscular guy, perhaps you can use him as a professional trainer or something like this. Then i made a guy who would make a good hiker, a thief and finally the potion dealer who can be used, for example, as aroma girl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Hello there. I'm finally going to do some sprites today @_@..., i already have the lass and a female fighter from Xian...
    but i'm not sure how to make a swimmer, because Golden sun has no swimmers...

So here's the result of today. It's that muscular guy, perhaps you can use him as a professional trainer or something like this. Then i made a guy who would make a good hiker, a thief and finally the potion dealer who can be used, for example, as aroma girl.

Wow. You're a amazing Spriter! Nice Sprites, man!
    P.S Don't let that Muscular Guy hit meeeeee!

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I should get a fully working beta up by either the end of today or tomorrow. In the meantime, a video to show what I've done with the music:

Muriyashi - sorry that this video doesn't use any of your sprites, but they're in there. And you forgot to index them again... >_>

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back