• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    @ NayaLove

So Demon Flight is supposed to be a stronger Fly essentially and it's running the code for Fly but for some reason it acts the way it does. I've no idea why but I find it kinda amusing... definitely want to find a fix for it though. Thinking I might just give it a different move effect altogether since it doesn't want to cooperate with the Fly code.

I want to point out that Demon resistance is 20 % to all types except Demon, this was changed from 30 % a while back. I see your suggestion and I'll take it into consideration :)

Also that's a nice pattern you got there on the Demon 'M I quite like that one.

As for where to go, yeah sorry that the game doesn't give out any real clues, so what you need to do is go fight Misty of all people. You will find her on the Boulevard, after you defeat her she will help you with the Snorlax that are blocking the path.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

NayaLove

Has probably played your hack
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2019
    @Sakakii ahhh right! 20% seems better on paper. Found Misty so thank you for that, I'd taken a break for a bit but even after reading your reply I somehow ran past her once without seeing her.

I will lament the future fix of demon flight as it is amusing. It's one of those display errors that seems worth keeping for the comedy effect. I also don't mind that Demon Pigeot can take damage on the first turn as the damage on turn two is delicious!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Updated first post with the latest patch notes. You can find the download for patch 1.2 in the attachment there.

I'm thinking I need to update the screenshots too not sure when I'll get around to that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    hi, i really love your hack but i have a problem, even though i beat agatha, she didn't give me surf hm so i use gameshark for it but it still says i need the badge. do you have any info about this? thank you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2019
    It doesn't bother me. It was just amusing to imagine Chansey hoarding a whole bunch of milk jugs and mugging the Miltank in the same area for their milk.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    hi, i really love your hack but i have a problem, even though i beat agatha, she didn't give me surf hm so i use gameshark for it but it still says i need the badge. do you have any info about this? thank you.
    Hi so I assume you're playing the latest patch because in that version Agatha does not give you Surf. What you need to do is go to the Kanja Boulevard and find Misty there, then you will get access to the next Town after defeating her in battle.

I'm going to add this info to the first post as well since many people get lost after Agatha now :P

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Bro you were talking about adding new moves to the game. This means that a new patch is still around the corner! What should I do? Shall I wait some more?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    I'm working on the next patch yes but I've not done a lot. It's probably at least a month away from release. And I will make it compatible with save files from 1.2. So you could play 1.2 and then transfer your save file once 1.3 is out and do the extra content there. But it's up to you :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2018
    I just defeated agatha but i didnt get surf, is there a way to fix it and i dont have another save file or anything to go back.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • I have heard somewhere that good things come to those who wait. I will probably wait. The best is yet to come I guess!
    ^_^

Last edited:

NayaLove

Has probably played your hack
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2019
    I just defeated agatha but i didnt get surf, is there a way to fix it and i dont have another save file or anything to go back.
    @HemaWorst1: Surf HM is in Florina Town. Go back to Kanja boulevard and find Misty to get there.

@Sakaki: Hey I'm wondering about some moves. Is return a physical? My demon rapidash and Pigeot don't seem to do much damage with it at full friendship and if I recall it's got a 140 power when friendship is maxed.

And for demon rapidash I seem to be stuck with flame wheel for its physical fire attack, I see it gets the flare blitz eventually but is there anything it will learn between that and flame wheel? I tend to avoid recoil damage moves so flare blitz would be a reluctance for me.

D.Pikachu I've given thunderbolt and energy ball but can't find much use for the other two slots which have double team (sometimes a bit useful) and slam (not useful at all).

D.Pigeot's options seem to be few too. I ended up dropping demon flight and now it has fly, steel wing, close combat and thief but again it feels like there are not many effective offensive options for it.

D.Gengar is amazing and almost has too many offensive options, I can't quite decide which ones I want, but I won't complain hehe. He basically one shot all of drakes pokemon even though 10+ levels under, except for hydreigon which took two fly's from D.Pigeot.

Speakong of Drake, maybe it was just because D.Genger is so good but Drake seems SO easy compared to the last few boss encounters. Steven and the rival battle were not easy at all but I am aware that if I'd been more tactical in my team choices they would have posed less of a challenge. Your team in sena Town definitely has encouraged me to take D.Charizard on my next playthrough, that thing is OP.

I'll feedback some more once I've gotten past the league. Really loving this and excited to play through again!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    @NayaLove
    Hi, so Return should be working as intended. D. Pidgeot and D. Rapidash both have the lowest possible value for happiness (0) however, so it'll take them a while to warm up to you. You can check with a lady in Florina Town, she'll tell you how much your Pokémon likes you. If you're certain that you've maxed out their friendship and Return still isn't doing much damage, then I too am clueless as to what's going on.
    And for demon rapidash I seem to be stuck with flame wheel for its physical fire attack, I see it gets the flare blitz eventually but is there anything it will learn between that and flame wheel?
    You have to choose between Flame Wheel and Flare Blitz for that one. The other prime physical Fire move I can think of is Fire Punch, which for obvious reasons Rapidash nor D. Rapidash can learn.
    D.Pikachu I've given thunderbolt and energy ball but can't find much use for the other two slots which have double team (sometimes a bit useful) and slam (not useful at all).
    At Lv. 70 D. Pikachu will learn an awesome move called Demonicute. I think it's a Demon type move so that should be quite useful.
    D.Pigeot's options seem to be few too. I ended up dropping demon flight and now it has fly, steel wing, close combat and thief but again it feels like there are not many effective offensive options for it.
    So, being a bird, D. Pidgeot's movelist is bound to be somewhat limited. It does get Brave Bird as an alternative to Fly and Demon Flight, it learns this move at Lv. 50.
    Speakong of Drake, maybe it was just because D.Genger is so good but Drake seems SO easy compared to the last few boss encounters. Steven and the rival battle were not easy at all but I am aware that if I'd been more tactical in my team choices they would have posed less of a challenge.
    So there's a simple reason for this. Drake's team have no EVs, while Steven and the rival's team do.
    In FireRed (and I think most if not all mainline games) Gym Leader teams don't have EVs, so that's standard. But for Steven I decided to give him EVs to make him a tougher opponent. Same for the rival. Also Drake like most Dragon type Trainers is hard countered by a single move so that helps too.

Thanks for the feedback! (And GL with the League)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Hey guys, just a small update.

Unfortunately, the new patch that I was working on (1.3) will be delayed. For how long, I don't know. I've been caught up doing other things and although I have some cool ideas for Kanlara Adventures, without the motivation and time to execute them properly I can't do it. So, please don't expect a new patch anytime soon. In the meantime, please enjoy the current versions of Kanlara Adventures: Remastered.

Patch 1.2, the latest patch, has the most content of all versions of Kanlara Adventures, so this is the one I recommend you to play.

However, patch 1.1 is also a version you could play, which could be considered the harder version of the two, since the level curve ends at lv. 100 instead of 85.

Also I'll take this opportunity to thank you guys for all the comments, whether its criticising or praising the game, I enjoy reading what people have to say about this hack. It's one of the the fun things about making a rom hack for me, seeing peoples reactions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2019
    I just beat Agatha, but when I got to Kanja Blvd. Misty Was not there?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    i have to know was that god mewtwo using a guranteed flinch move ( i dont remember what it was it was like EDGF or something)every time i got hit by it i got flinched

Back