• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
can someone tell me the locations of the demon pokemon
i want to catch them

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
When do you get the Super Rod?
I believe it should be located in Lake Kaji. Use Surf to reach the north western part of the Lake, and you will find the item there.

can someone tell me the locations of the demon pokemon
i want to catch them
Well you can't catch them, but here's what you do in 5 simple steps. For this example let's say you want a Demon Blastoise.

1. Catch the base form of the Pokémon, in this case Squirtle. It can be found in Rainy Path.
2. Evolve Squirtle into Blastoise.
3. Collect 10 Dark Gem. You can find this item as you play through the game. Or, you can catch some Sableye in Moss Cavern (North entry of Elder Village). Wild Sableye hold Dark Gem so this is the infinite method of obtaining Dark Gem.
4. Speak to the lady in the upper floor of the Nahara Town Library. You can trade 10 Dark Gem for a 'Black Crown'.
5. Use the 'Black Crown' item on your Blastoise. It will now ascend into its Demon Forme.

Years
Which means I have to grind quite a bit and that turns me away from some of these pokemon hacks because grinding is not fun and I don't see how people like this in hacks.

Haha me too, i play pokemon with style of using many pokemon depend on weak points, so when i see magneton lvl 30 - my party is around lvl 20, and pokemon around i have catched are Water-type, flying-type, well too bad.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Well, I'm sorry, I made Youngster Tyler a little too strong.

It's kinda funny, I think I made him stronger than he was in the original Kanlara Adventures, where he had a Lv. 40 Eelektrik. Not only did that Eelektrik have a relatively bad movepool, but also Magneton stats are vastly better (for example Magneton has base 120 Sp. Atk and Eelektrik only base 75). On top of that every turn there is a 50 % chance Magneton will use either Tri Attack or Mirror Shot, both of which are sure to one or two shot most things you can have at that point. This is obviously not OK. I think for the next update, I will move Youngster Tyler to a different area, or give him a new party. I'm open to suggestions on this one.

Years
Yes with that Tyler, you may change his pokemon, that lvl 30 magneton is very tough (stronger than Raichu lvl24 's Surge gym 3) and at that time, we dont have any choice of pokemon, only Porygon and Rock-type pokemon be catched in that cave, i know most players use rare candy so its not problem but poor for non-cheat players, you may need lvl 30+ porygon to beat magneton - too bad for just 1 npc overleveled.

Edit 1: I find out that marshtomp lvl 22 with mud bomb can deal with it in 2 hit :)
Edit 2: Stuck at gym 3 now - Thundurus, do i need to train Onyx?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
@shiyako

So as it turns out Marshtomp hard counters Magneton. Well, there's one answer to Tyler.

Anyway, I am now putting in a lot of time into Kanlara Adventures, so that's good news. For the next patch, I have a few goals. 1) Add 2-3 new routes. 2) Add a new City. 3) Expand some of the current maps. 4) Re-distribute all Pkmn. With new routes, I can fit in more Pkmn in the wild. So I will go over the Pokedex and probably add some new Pkmn to the hack too. 5) Add at least 2 new Demon Pkmn. There is some other stuff too, but I don't wanna reveal too much.

Also in the next patch, there will be some more Trainers that give out TM's after defeating them. This is a good way to get free TM.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
I usually do not comment but I would like to for this hack. Your hack is awesome. Demon pokemon concept is nice. I would love to see angel typing too! Kindly add 7th gen starters. If not all then just Litten would be cool!
Keep on working bro. You have talent!:nod:

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 5, 2019
I can't go to nahara desert to find wanjara gym leader . A police man is blocking my way to the entrance . Help

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I am loving this game so far, have been excited for it since it was announced, despite the small cosmetic errors (such as tile errors), it is so refreshing and I love the game. It reminds me of so many other FireRed hacks and gives off that same great feeling I had when I played them.

"Argh!

My Bug Pokémon, zey do nothing!"

I loved that quote.

Last edited:

NayaLove

Has probably played your hack
Years
  • Age 36
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2019
Loving kanlara adventures Remastered! Just one question. Where is information about which pokemon can be demonised? I can only find a few listed in various places and this thread seems to be completely missing the original post since I last came here.. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Oh yeah, what happened to the first post?

Did other threads also lose their first post? This is not good... But OK. For now I will just make this post as planned.

So, I am now nearly done with the latest patch. I just need to throw in one or two more scripts and finish my playthrough then it is ready for release.

Without furhter ado, let's take a look at some screenshots.

Nope, your rival is not delusional. With the new patch, Merryfall Town Gym is no longer recognized as an official Gym of Kanlara. Meaning, you can't get a Badge from defeating it. However, you can still
farm the Gym for some sweet Exp, prize money and a TM!

The new Gym? It will be in the new Town called Florina Town. It is the 6th Gym of the Kanlara Region.

AegislashB is one of the new Pokémon in the upcoming patch. It evolves from Doublade at Lv. 50. You can still use a Runic Gem on Doublade if you want AegislashS instead.

Now, there's a very easy way to lose all your hard-earned money. Just gamble it away on the TM Roulette, found in the Arcade Hall in Wanjara City.

I wonder what's going to happen here...

So, the Alola starters are now in the game. The best part is, I didn't have to remove any old Pokémon to make room for all the new Pokémon in the new patch. However, some of these will not show up in your PokéDex when you capture them.

If all goes well, the new patch should be out within a day or two. I have more to reveal, such as new Demon Pokémon, so stay tuned for more updates.

NayaLove

Has probably played your hack
Years
  • Age 36
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2019
Beautiful! I'm assuming old saves will be compatible. I might hold out and restart with this upcoming patch anyway as I'm feeling a different team is in order.

I gotta hand it to ya! I've been lurking this site for years and have played most of the hacks excluding any with frequent bad language and large amount of fakemons. Kanlara adventures Remastered is up there as one of my favourites now with new layout, new story and new creations in general. I've really been appreciating the competitive level curve of opponents too as most hacks tend to come off too easy or with a need to grind or pot spam. I've only gotten as far as Groudon for now so perhaps my opinion will change but I doubt it, you're running a good show.

As for constructive criticism..

-Personally I found it difficult to skip giovanni's guards in his tower. My OCD doesn't like skipping trainers but it would have been illogical to grind to beat these guys as the rest of the game would have become a cakewalk. At this point though, making the guards be easily beatable would yield enough exp to make the rest of the game super easy too. It's a new feature having unbeatable/missable trainers and I support the idea.

-Demon pokemon are a great looking feature. I've only just acquired my first one so still to see how these hold up in balance. I may well start over once I work out what demon forms are possible after the next patch too as I prefer to preplan my teams - I'd forgotten this hack has demons as it'd been in my to do list for a while.

-Cut HM imo the most annoying HM after flash. I've actually defaulted to getting the walk through walls code's which I only ever use to bypass cut trees rather than have it slotted anywhere in my team, except for in the few hacks where it's been made less annoying. I think I always want to suggest to creators to change the typing to bug or grass and raise the power by 10-20 - my hat goes off to every hack creator who has done something like this.

I can work with the world map, I appreciate the pigeot work around.

But yeah, all in all, hats off to you anyway! Great work, no complaints, quite impressed with the range of pokemon access and thanks for the new pokemon experience. =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
I can't go to nahara desert to find wanjara gym leader . A police man is blocking my way to the entrance . Help
You need to do the event with May and rival in Wanjara City's Arcade Hall/Game Corner first.
Can you do something with AegislashS? Ability and King's shield move, well maybe impossible xD
Yeah, the Aegislash are kind of their own thing in this hack. They're going to stay the way they are :P

@NayaLove

So, unfortunately the new patch will not be very compatible with old save files. There's one main reason for this; With the badges being shifted around, you may end up with more badges than you should have if you play the new patch with an old save file. That could lead to some unwanted behaviour so I do recommend starting a new save file when the new patch is out. Hopefully, this is the last time we will be forced to start over. I will do my best to make sure future patches are compatible with old save files.

I will say that, I added new routes to the game, and one of them you can access almost right away. Also, you can now skip the Merryfall Town Gym if you want, so you have the option of playing out the early game differently. There are also new Pokémon to be found in the new route you will encounter early on.
-Personally I found it difficult to skip giovanni's guards in his tower.
I agree, it's hard to get past some of them. I can tell you a little secret though; if you beat one of them, the others won't battle you. So it's really just one battle you're missing out on.
-Demon pokemon are a great looking feature. I've only just acquired my first one so still to see how these hold up in balance.
I'm glad you like them, as for balance, I'm listening to what people have to say on that matter.For example let's say one Demon is just infinitely better than every other Demon, then maybe we should adjust its stats. Things like that could happen in the future.
-Cut HM imo the most annoying HM after flash.
So I got some great news. In the new patch, HM Cut is removed from the game :)
There will be a different roadblock instead of a cuttable tree in Rainy Path.
So that's one less HM to worry about.

And thanks for your comment, it's nice that people are enjoying the evolution of Kanlara Adventures, and hopefully it will only get better with time.

Back