• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2020
    Downloaded. Should i wait for the next update or play first? Will the update be coming soon?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    How to get to Sevi?

The Sevii Islands are inaccessible in the current release. The next update will contain them.

Downloaded. Should i wait for the next update or play first? Will the update be coming soon?

I would much prefer if you waited. :)
    Yes, it is coming soon. Almost finished. :3

Minor Error but still you may want to fix it
    that's a purrloin not a pidgey :v

Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

@MysteryMan

There's this house south of Fushcia City on route...uhh don't remember the number, which when I enter, the screen goes black. :(

Thanks, I was wondering where that Pidgey was.
    It has been a year already. Might have been used as a fertilizer by now.

The house south of Fuchsia is fixed now. :3

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023

I've had better runs.
    Final call for people who want to test run this before I release it to everybody else. If you are interested, send me a private message. I'm mostly looking for feedback, so if you are good at that, message me.

By the way, Rainbow Colisseum and Rush Tower (which contains Kalos Rush) are two different facilities. You'll be able to access Rainbow Colisseum midgame and Rush Tower is a postgame facility just like before.

Also in the screenshots is a preview at the difficulty rating system. Instead of me just throwing everything at you at once, I've fragmented it and made it possible to toggle. For now, battle style and challenge mode are the only ones you can toggle, but more is planned for the future (trainers with EVs, omega challenges (bosses with 6 Pokemon), restricted item usage, etc.)

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    interesting minigames? more actual postgame content? haven't seen that in a hack for a while. kudos to the OP and hope you can build upon it.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • This looks good! I've been looking for a modified FireRed romhack for a while. Although Gen 5 pokemon aren't my favorite overall, this is interesting for me enough to play it and perhaps appreciate the Gen 5 pokemon in a new way. Plus with Gen 6 pokemon replacing gen 2 pokemon that showed up in the Sevii Islands, sounds really good too. Sounds like a fresh experience although it is basically FireRed. I can't wait for the new release, good job!

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    I just started playing your hack. It's awesome! I actually have a Pokemon channel so there's a big chance that I will be doing an LP of it to promote it. It may or may not go over well though since I only have a handful of subscribers. Also is the battle style stuck on set on purpose? I can't switch it to shift.

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Mystery man, If you could just use Gen 5 mapping/graphics it would be really awesome, also some upgrade to characters sprites!
    Well done sir!

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    @Britani Knight
    The difficulty rating system rates the difficulty based on the settings you have selected. The previous release forced players into set mode, made you battle Gym Leaders that are similar to the challenge mode sets in B2W2, and also gave them EVs. You will be able toggle certain parts of the difficulty, and the script will give you a rating. If you turn on set mode, the difficulty system counter is raised by 1. Enabling challenge mode raises the difficulty by another point. The higher your difficulty rating, the more settings you have enabled to make the game more difficulty. I hope it is more comprehensible now. The main reason for this is so people have more flexibility with the difficulty. If they do not like set mode, but prefer more challenging sets and trainers with EVs, such can be toggled.

I just started playing your hack. It's awesome! I actually have a Pokemon channel so there's a big chance that I will be doing an LP of it to promote it. It may or may not go over well though since I only have a handful of subscribers. Also is the battle style stuck on set on purpose? I can't switch it to shift.
    0.94 forces you into set mode. This will no longer be the case in the next release, which is right now being tested by a group of people so that it is less of a mess. Along with other improvements, I highly suggest you to wait a little longer.
    just release this already.. i am waiting for this thing since ages......... :/ :/
    The entire reason for this is to make sure it is playable to the end without any game freezing bugs and to make quick improvements upon receiving their feedback. It will be ready soon.

Edit:
    Caramel-O
    Thanks! I find graphic hacking to be a little obnoxious to do, so for now, it's going to be mostly vanilla.

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    btw i hope you can change sigilyph's sprite for the final version, on 0.94 it looks unappealing to say the least

also i caught a bug in 0.94 which might be relevant to your next release and im not sure you might already have known:
    if the opponent uses a physical attacking move and your pokemon with the Gooey ability uses Protect and block it, there will be an infinite loop where the speed lowering animation keeps playing forever, causing you to get stuck and forced to reset.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    The new version is up and the thread has been updated. I'm kind of worn out, so I'll share more details tomorrow. I'll stress, even though tested, still have a couple of oddities. Calling it a beta because I don't want people to expect no oddities.. I've eliminated a good chuck of the bugs thanks to the testers, but some still linger. Please report them. That's all I'll say for now. Try to have fun.

btw i hope you can change sigilyph's sprite for the final version, on 0.94 it looks unappealing to say the least

also i caught a bug in 0.94 which might be relevant to your next release and im not sure you might already have known:
    if the opponent uses a physical attacking move and your pokemon with the Gooey ability uses Protect and block it, there will be an infinite loop where the speed lowering animation keeps playing forever, causing you to get stuck and forced to reset.

Can you direct me to some decent looking sprites?

Yeah, until that error is fixed, no Pokemon is going to have that ability.

Is there a way to download this to your phone?

I cant download the game ;C

Try the new links. It should work.

Last edited:
    Back