• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Let's Go! 2?

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    Would anyone be opposed to a sequel to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee?

Perhaps a direct sequel in the Johto Region, following the same Let's Go mechanics?
    I personally would love it.

Would what the starters be? Would it be the johto starters?
    Or, two select Pokémon as new mascots, like eevee was promoted to cover mascot?

I'd love for it to be:
    Let's Go, Phanpy! and Let's Go, Teddiursa!
    Two nice, uncommon pokémon to be mascots!

Years
    I know I've mentioned that it's an unpopular opinion in the past, but I'd be more excited for a Johto version of Let's Go than I would be for Gen IV remakes, so I'm definitely on board.

Phanpy and Teddiursa are fun ideas for version mascots, and I think any fan of the franchise would find it refreshing to see under-represented Pokemon like them getting the spotlight. That said, I think Let's Go was marketed towards the more casual or returning fans, and those two probably don't sell that many games. If they didn't just stick with Ho-Oh and Lugia on the covers, the only two sets of mascots that I could see are Pichu and Togepi, or Espeon and Umbreon.

Pichu and Togepi are both recognizable to anyone who was a passing fan of the anime back in the day, but unless you're able to evolve them in the game, it might be hard picking one of those up as your starter (though it could tie into the story with Mr. Pokemon quite nicely). And while we just had an Eevee-centric game, Espeon and Umbreon are two of the more popular evolutions, and represent Johto well. Again though, it'd be tough to make either of those your starter, because while technically you could have either one as early as Level 2, it would seem odd to have a fully evolved Pokemon right from the get-go, even at a low level.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    I know I've mentioned that it's an unpopular opinion in the past, but I'd be more excited for a Johto version of Let's Go than I would be for Gen IV remakes, so I'm definitely on board.

Phanpy and Teddiursa are fun ideas for version mascots, and I think any fan of the franchise would find it refreshing to see under-represented Pokemon like them getting the spotlight. That said, I think Let's Go was marketed towards the more casual or returning fans, and those two probably don't sell that many games. If they didn't just stick with Ho-Oh and Lugia on the covers, the only two sets of mascots that I could see are Pichu and Togepi, or Espeon and Umbreon.

Pichu and Togepi are both recognizable to anyone who was a passing fan of the anime back in the day, but unless you're able to evolve them in the game, it might be hard picking one of those up as your starter (though it could tie into the story with Mr. Pokemon quite nicely). And while we just had an Eevee-centric game, Espeon and Umbreon are two of the more popular evolutions, and represent Johto well. Again though, it'd be tough to make either of those your starter, because while technically you could have either one as early as Level 2, it would seem odd to have a fully evolved Pokemon right from the get-go, even at a low level.

To me, a theme for Yellow + Let's Go! is unevolved Pokémon as mascots. (even if they can evolve).
    My ideal mascots were the following:

Phanpy + Teddiursa
    Sneasel + Murkrow
    Mareep + Wooper
    Natu + HootHoot
    Togepi/Smoochum/Magby/Elekid

beck0n

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I've yet to play Let's Go because I don't own a Switch, but I definitely do think I'd enjoy it. Barring RSE and ORAS, HGSS was one of my favorite Pokemon games growing up. I'm actually doing a playthrough of Sacred Gold currently for nostalgia's sake. I do agree that LGPE was likely for returning fans/newer fans. However, I don't think that unevolved baby Pokemon (Pichu, Togepi, Magby, Smoochum, and Elekid) should be the way to go here. I think Aipom + Teddiursa would be a good combination, or like you said, Manphy + Teddiursa. I think the biggest draw, for me at least, is that your starter is a part of your player model, so having Pokemon that can easy attach themselves to the player would be a good start (i.e. Aipon and Teddiursa.)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    I've commented that I thought Let's GO ought to have been Kanto + Johto in a reverse Gold/Silver. They could have modeled it after Yellow at the start but have a game with far more end-game content. After you defeat Giovanni, you travel to Johto and hear whispers of Team Rocket trying to reform in Goldenrod City(where you end up after traveling there). To ensure they don't succeed, you go around Johto(like in GSC) with the help of Silver(Gold's rival) and son of Giovanni in Pokemon Adventures and systematically defeat them one Grunt at a time. You enhance your battling skills by challenging the Johto Gyms and re-challenge the Elite Four with a few notable changes: Karen replaces Lorelei, Koga replaces Agatha. Should you go back to Kanto to rechallenge the Gyms, Janine has replaced Koga as Fuchsia's Gym Leader and Blue, like in LGPE, has become the new Gym Leader in Viridian. The champion of Johto would be Gold as opposed to Red(who got shafted in LGPE... lets be honest lol). Even Blue(aka Green to us in USA) got disrespected as I see it. Could have given her a completely unique theme and they just don't bother. Green(aka Blue) deserved his old theme or the Champion theme(with a Pachirisu that would have been the ultimate Troll had GF opted to pull it off).

So yeah so many things they could have done with LGPE but they opted not to.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2019
    I need to see a sequel in the Johto Region using the same Let's Go mechanics!!! Need to relive a revist those type of days please haha

Years
    Yeah, definitely, more remake for previous gen to be made is an amazing one for sure. Let's Go should have the same mechanic as the first one, like having Pokemon being shown in overworld and more better style of gameplay!!!

For replacement for protagoinst it should this:
    Ethan (Hibiki) should be replaced by Marcus (Tatsuki)
    Lyra (Kotone) should be replaced by Nadia (Asuka)
    For the player's rival, Silver, he should be replaced by Drake (Shun)

I am thinking about the name called this:
    Let's Go! Phanpy and Let's Go! Wooper, these are the only mascots i know so far.

Years
    I would prefer Gen IV remakes first, but I'm perfectly fine and would be excited for Let's Go Johto games IF they had Wonder Trade, the reason being so I can actually have fun replaying it. WonderLockes are my favorite way to replay games. Preferred Titles: Let's Go Phanpy and Let's Go Wooper. My choice? Phanpy.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Revisiting Johto? Sure, that'd be cool. Personally though I would rather see something better than LGPE or the likes for it, and that includes not locking it to two versions where I am forced to carry about a friend to sit on my head for the game for the sake of cuteness or marketting.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I wouldn't mind a sequel to Let's Go, actually.

However, the Rival should be just as much of a jerk as Silver, since Friendly Rivals have accomplished everything in storytelling by now, although not a lot compared to every possible scenario involving unintelligent cartoon fathers already being covered by Homer Simpson.

Moving on, the mascots might be hard to jot down, but I do think Togepi/Pichu would be ideal, given their relationships to the most iconic Trainers and Pokémon in the anime.

New move sets would be pretty cool, since many moves were not programmed into LGPE. I do wish Alolan Marowak would have access to a physical Ghost move, like Shadow Punch or it's viable signature move; Shadow Bone. I'll even admire in awe if my lord and savior Helix learns Power Gem.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I mean, I'm sure we'll get Let's Go Johto games eventually. Since Let's Go Pikachu, and Eevee sold pretty well, I can see it being a possibility. As for mascots, why has no one mentioned Snubbull? Snubbull could work, you see it being marketed in the Detective Pikachu movie, after all. I do like the idea of Phanphy & Teddiursa, though, those would be cool partner Pokemon.

Last edited:

User Anon 1848

I'd have no objections if they added the ability to battle wild Pokemon, not just the Legendary ones. Their excuse for excluding it was dumber than their excuse for excluding the Battle Frontier in ORAS. The lack of trainers to battle post-game made the lack of wild battles even worse. Speaking of post-game, I guess they could have Gold take Red's place on Mt. Silver since they already included a Red battle in the first game. It would be a nice little nod to gen 2. I'd love it if they included the Battle Tower as well.

Back