• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon - Let's Go Mimikyu! v1.6

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
Years
  • the game seems to crash when doing the magnemite for klink trade in cerulean................ i forgot to screenshot the error but can repeat the crash to get the error if need be

also buying the magikarp from the guy outside mount moon is a literal waste of money as u dont get the magikarp from him nor is it added to the PC storage.......... not sure if that was intentional or not but i figured i'd mention it just in case

found another bug, this time its a warp that isnt supposed to happen....................... https://i.imgur.com/3WjKGh4.png immediately 1 tile to the left of my character in this screenshot (the tile they are facing) will warp you to the underground path that connects cerulean city and vermilion city meaning without teleport or if u didnt grab the tea yet u will be forced to trek all the way back thru rock tunnel just to get back to where u were

Corrected, will be released in the next update.

As for the Magnemite -> Klink trade, that needs to be updated anyway. What's the error, for reference?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    v0.7 is now available for download. Be sure to check it out! As always, thanks for finding these bugs!

I just noticed that when you buy the Magikarp (which you do receive now. That part IS fixed), you don't actually lose any money.

Edit: Your OP says the Clefairy line should be Fairy/Light, but Cleffa and Clefairy are only Fairy type. (I haven't seen Clefable yet) Also, what is the Light type Strong/weak against?

On somewhat of a tangent, was 500 ever all that overpriced for Magikarp? That's only the cost of 2 1/2 Poke Balls. In Red/Blue, buying Magikarp allows you to have a Water-type Pokemon much earlier than otherwise possible (if you didn't choose Squirtle), even if you have to level it a bit to make it usable (which you'd still have to do with a Magikarp caught with an Old Rod). Plus, it saves you the effort of catching it yourself. I know Magikarp itself is not a great Pokemon (until it evolves), and the guy is supposed to be scamming you, but is the price really that bad, all things considered?

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    found another problematic bug.............. if you lose to a member of the elite 4 upon being healed at a pokemon center you will get their defeat dialogue and upon trying to reenter you will be stuck at an invisible wall at lorelei's chamber with no means of leaving or continuing unless you reload the game

EDIT: i posted this before realizing the update was out but the issue seems to persist through the updated version of the game

Last edited:

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • I just noticed that when you buy the Magikarp (which you do receive now. That part IS fixed), you don't actually lose any money.

Edit: Your OP says the Clefairy line should be Fairy/Light, but Cleffa and Clefairy are only Fairy type. (I haven't seen Clefable yet) Also, what is the Light type Strong/weak against?

On somewhat of a tangent, was 500 ever all that overpriced for Magikarp? That's only the cost of 2 1/2 Poke Balls. In Red/Blue, buying Magikarp allows you to have a Water-type Pokemon much earlier than otherwise possible (if you didn't choose Squirtle), even if you have to level it a bit to make it usable (which you'd still have to do with a Magikarp caught with an Old Rod). Plus, it saves you the effort of catching it yourself. I know Magikarp itself is not a great Pokemon (until it evolves), and the guy is supposed to be scamming you, but is the price really that bad, all things considered?

Bug corrected, thanks for spotting that.

In regards to Light-type:
    It is weak to Dark and Grass, and is resistant against Ghost (dunno if I should make this an immunity or not), Fairy, and other Light-types.
    It is super-effective against Ghost and Dark, and is resisted by Light and Grass. This info will be added to the OP.

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • found another problematic bug.............. if you lose to a member of the elite 4 upon being healed at a pokemon center you will get their defeat dialogue and upon trying to reenter you will be stuck at an invisible wall at lorelei's chamber with no means of leaving or continuing unless you reload the game

EDIT: i posted this before realizing the update was out but the issue seems to persist through the updated version of the game

Corrected. You should be able to enter without getting stuck at the invisible wall. Expect this fix in the next release.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    something else i was curious about is it doesnt seem to list if there is a changed method to getting rhyperior or magmortar................... is it safe to assume they need their respective item equipped before levelling a rhydon/magmar respectively?

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • something else i was curious about is it doesnt seem to list if there is a changed method to getting rhyperior or magmortar................... is it safe to assume they need their respective item equipped before levelling a rhydon/magmar respectively?

Oops! My bad. I may need to update those methods if they haven't been already. I will double-check my file.

Also, the next release may be delayed a bit, as I'm finally sitting down to decap the entire game. Thank you for your patience!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    As there are no candies in the game, Meltan simply evolves at Lv44.

There is "Rare Candy", but evolution by level-up is probably a better method... Could using a Rare Candy on a Pokemon be an evolution method?

Edit for a question: I see Squirtle listed in the Pokedex as appearing on Routes 4 and 22, but I can't find it in the Grass in those places. Is it in the Water, really rare, or some third option (bug/bad luck)?

Edit for bug reports:
    • I have noticed I am suddenly being allowed to Cut trees, even though I haven't even beat Misty, obtained the move Cut, or obtained the equivalent Item.
    • The secondary effect of the move Thief (take held item from opposing Pokemon if they have one and you don't) doesn't seem to be working. I used Thief on at least 10 Abra, and never got a Twisted Spoon, but every Abra I've caught had one. Either I'm both extremely lucky AND unlucky, or something is wrong.
    • I fought a Psyduck, and it took "not very effective" damage from a Psychic attack. If you changed Psyduck's type (It is canonically a pure Water type, but I understand why Water/Psychic would make sense), or any other Pokemon's type, that should be included in the "Type Changes" info in the OP.

Last edited:

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • For Bugs 1 and 2: Might be a problem with the scripts. I will inquire once I'm done decapitalizing (I got a good chunk of that done so far)
    For Bug 3: Yes, Psyduck and Golduck are now Water/Psychic. I forgot to list it as a type change. Oops!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The bug with being able to use HM moves without any right to do so is not exclusive to Cut. I am now able to Surf as well. On the plus side, this did answer my answer about Squirtle... Also, I noticed the trainer battle on Route 4 near Cerulean Cave crashes the game. I got the error below:

Code:
    Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 6 (coords 78,17), map 148 (Route 4):
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: PTrainer_NPCTrainers:221:in `pbMissingTrainer'Can't find trainer (LASS, CRISSY, ID 0)
    ***Full script:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LASS, "CRISSY",_I("After all I did to catch them!"),false,0,false,0) 
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    PField_Battles:208:in`pbTrainerBattle'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `eval'
    Interpreter:243:in`pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'

Another edit for another question: Should we be able to get the Old Rod and Vs. Seeker from the relevant NPCs in Vermillion City? They don't give you them, but their dialogue makes it sound like they should. The Berry Powder guy and Badge Guy in Cerulean also do not seem to be functional, but they are not as important.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like the game, but I found some bugs. When I reach Vermillion and speak to the fisherman, he asks how the fish are biting instead of hiving me the fishing rod. Also, Lillie is no where in Vermillion like the first post claims.

I am able to cut trees, smash rocks and surp prior to getting the corresponding items.

Also, Fire Stone isn't working on Ponyta to get Rapidflash. While on the subject of your fakemon, how do you evolve Flalite? It only says what it can turn into. Where do I catch the ice/electric fakemon? Lastly, where's Murkrow to trade for porygon to get porygon 2? Or how do I evolve porygon to porygon 2 since trading with an upgrade is normally required?

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
    Years
  • Probably already mentioned, the couple near the Snorlax on Route 12 causes a crash, as does trying to get the Itemfinder, and the Gambler on the Route between Saffron and Lavender Town.

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • Like the idea of the game. Do you still need trainers for the post game?

Yeah, I'm currently populating the Saffron Fan Club with trainers to fight post-game.

As an update post since you guys haven't heard from me in a while, I'm still working to decaptialize the game. I recently found that using the translation tool might be easier than editing each event one-by-one. As always, stay tuned for the next update!

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • Hello all! After some silence and much-needed time off, v0.8 is finally here! The focus of this update is to decap the game, but there have been some bug fixes that have been addressed (we've still got work to do though!). Remember to select English - DeCap when the game starts up for full enjoyment. As usual, if I missed anything, let me know!

Remember, we're still looking for some featured trainers for the Saffron Trainer Fan Club. Enjoy this update~

Back