• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    as for me that parese a triviality pue the mapiados ones are lod same that network fire that becomes to be a little boring

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • BuoyselLover said:
    This looks great! I think you SHOULD use that sprite of Satoshi as the male hero. ^^
    I also think it would greatly enhance the title screen if you made it say ThunderYellow Version, and replace those little flames with bolts of lightning. ^^ Great hack, keep it up!
    EDIT: Oh, it also plays Charizard's cry on there instead of Pikachu's. Just thought you should know.
    That's not satoshi... that's RED from pokemon red, yellow, blue, gold, silver, and crystal. In crystal i beleive you can fight him on mt silver after you beat the elite four. He has like level 70 somethings, he has a pikachu, charizard, venusaur, blastoise and espeon. This is called pokemon lightning yellow version. I don't know how to change the cry, or the words into lightning yellow. I'll look into it later, and the flames i also don't know how to change, for now gameplay is top priority.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2007
    I have awsome sprite and artwork of a Yellow, if you wanna use it as the female character. I also PMed you about something.

BuoyselLover

Banned
    Years
  • Red said:
    That's not satoshi... that's RED from pokemon red, yellow, blue, gold, silver, and crystal. In crystal i beleive you can fight him on mt silver after you beat the elite four. He has like level 70 somethings, he has a pikachu, charizard, venusaur, blastoise and espeon. This is called pokemon lightning yellow version. I don't know how to change the cry, or the words into lightning yellow. I'll look into it later, and the flames i also don't know how to change, for now gameplay is top priority.
    Oh, it's Red? OK, then. let me rephrase that... Yes, you should use that Red sprite for teh hero :P
    I might possibly be able to send you a patch that will change teh title screen a bit (although teh cry-changing is beyond me). Any thoughts on what font I should use for 'LightningYellow'?

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
  • Looks very good ^^ also i have no idea about hacking but couldnt you maybe rip the sounds from pokemon yellow? Again i have no idea, this is just an idea if its possible. Keep up the good work.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Hi, I really like this hack, it stands out quite a bit from the rest.
    I got a few suggestions for you:
    - Can you replace the Daycare center below Cerulean City with the one from the Sevii Islands?
    - As for being able to obtain the starters troughout the game, great idea! But try to make their base levels raise bepending on the progress you've made through the game. So, if you'd place the obtainable Bulbasaur in Viridian City instead of Pallet, it should be level 10 (like it is now ofcourse). Maybe you can add an section in Viridian Forest where you can obtain a level 15 Charmander, or 5 levels lower, like in the series. And Squirtle in Vermillion on level 15 or 20.
    - Wouldn't it be a good idea to enable the National Dex right from the start? There is a thread about it in one of the hacking forums IIRC.
    - In the original Yellow there is a Chansey in each Pokemon Center, you could take the Chansey sprite from Fuchsia City and place it alongside Joy.
    - As for the Pikachu sprite, I believe there is a Pikachu in the Vermillion Pokemon Fanclub house, so that could be a usable sprite.

Perhaps I'll add more suggestions if I can think off any. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • martijn said:
    Hi, I really like this hack, it stands out quite a bit from the rest.
    I got a few suggestions for you:
    - Can you replace the Daycare center below Cerulean City with the one from the Sevii Islands?
    - As for being able to obtain the starters troughout the game, great idea! But try to make their base levels raise bepending on the progress you've made through the game. So, if you'd place the obtainable Bulbasaur in Viridian City instead of Pallet, it should be level 10 (like it is now ofcourse). Maybe you can add an section in Viridian Forest where you can obtain a level 15 Charmander, or 5 levels lower, like in the series. And Squirtle in Vermillion on level 15 or 20.
    - Wouldn't it be a good idea to enable the National Dex right from the start? There is a thread about it in one of the hacking forums IIRC.
    - In the original Yellow there is a Chansey in each Pokemon Center, you could take the Chansey sprite from Fuchsia City and place it alongside Joy.
    - As for the Pikachu sprite, I believe there is a Pikachu in the Vermillion Pokemon Fanclub house, so that could be a usable sprite.

Perhaps I'll add more suggestions if I can think off any. Anyway, keep up the good work!
    interesting ideas, but if I follow some of them, this hack may become less of a remake and more of it's own individual hack.
    The only idea as of yet that could be plausible is the chansey idea, but I'll do that later when I can. I took a break from working on it for a bit, but now, I will get back to work, I'll add the charmander first, and then squirtle, then i'll release a new beta.(as far as I know the thing people seem to like the most is getting all the starters.) Other features that are plausible will be added when they arise.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    I understand. Maybe this is more suitable as an idea: instead of the policemen in the game, could you put in a female character instead, like Jenny? Or would it be too much like the anime then?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Good luck with this remake, Red. Waiting here for a new beta with more edited things, because there really weren't many things to notice differences, besides text editing, and the start of the game (however, I think this will happen every time because it happened between the original Red/Blue and the original Yellow also). So, I'll make a suggestion, give the game a few personal touches (like, adding some sidequests or optional battles).

Keep up the good work, and don't worry with that little yellow rat following you, haha!

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
  • Maybe, you could put Mew in the Unknown Dungeon instead of Mewtwo like in the Japanese Yellow, and put Mewtwo in the appondoned lab. That would give your game a special touch.

gag15

POkemon Master
    Years
  • great job

I like it alot.Im also looking forward to playing it.An idea I had was why not put all the pokemon in it from bulbasaur-deoxyes.and be able to go to the 8th and 9th islands to get ho-ho,lugia,and deoxyes.and new places for celebi,mew,and the little star dude.And 1 more thing the dogs and birds.Just stuff that would make the game a little cooler.but keep up the great work and have fun.

miniandrewmini

Eccentric Otaku
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    cant wait till its done

hey exellent work i cant wait till it is done. have you found out how to get pikachu to follow you yet?

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
    Years
  • For the weedle thing at the begining, wouldn't it be possible to just completely swap Pikachu and Weedle in the game (i.e. edit pallets, change cries, change attacks, etc.) Just an Idea, not the best one, but that's all I came up with.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • yah, i'm not so concerned with changing the cry or attacks because the oak (aka the old man sprite) doesn't actually battle it, but i think it's REALLY vital that you change the weedle to a pikachu nevertheless (considering what oak says in the story). speaking of which, why is the oak back sprite the old man? you should try changing that as well.

well, i'll be honest. i have no interest in this hack if it's simply a yellow remake. the only thing that comes to make a difference in the game is you end up getting the three starters and that doesn't interest anyone because the rest of the gameplay will be identical to FR and LG. what i suggest you do is make the game more anime-oriented with events somewhat like the anime. i say this because when yellow was made, it lacked the ability to function under a storlyine quite like the anime, though it was originally the intent. meh, i'll just say it simply: spice it up.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • This looks kewl. After G/S/C, Yellow was my favorite old game. Although this hack won't be much different from FR/LG, I'm still interested!

Years
  • Hi!
    I'm watching this forum space closely, though I never post.
    This hack looks like my favorite, just behind Moon/Sun.
    But I have a request: Keep it the way the original Yellow was made - remake as closely as possible. I don't want to have the starters as wild Pokemon, as they should be rare. There should be only one fo the species obtainable in the game (except if you breed them).

Anyways, keep up the great work!

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • I like the idea of a Yellow remake very much, so I'm just gonna make a suggestion : Keep it like a Pokemon Yellow remake .

It's called a REMAKE becuz it takes most(if not all) elements from the original game, so "spicing it up" to make it follow anime events or something would make it less of a Pokemon Yellow remake, and more of a Pokemon anime recreation on a GBA. ADDING aditional touches is OK, but just don't EDIT the main ideas of Pokemon Yellow. You can add a new map or two, but don't modify main Kanto and Pokemon Yellow events, you can just place new stuff on some new island for Sevii Islands or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back